John Stewart

Guy Gardner

Boodikka

90's Kyle Rayner

Tomar Re

Katma Tui

Saalak

Arisia

Now, other than the Green Lantern logo on their chest, explain to me how all of these figures look the same. Don't bring retail into it, just explain to me how all these characters look the same.

That's the only way I was looking at it -- with retail in mind. That's why I said "if we want to get technical" and they "essentially look the same." What are the people at TRU and Walmart that decide what sits on their toy shelves going to see? To them, Abin Sur and Sinestro "essentially" look the same. When it gets down to it, all they see is that both wear green and black and have pink skin.

Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth, or maybe just being unable to understand something that isn't spelled out perfectly for you, but I never said anything about every Lantern from every color of the rainbow looking the same. To us distinguishing fanboys, of course they look different. But we can also tell the difference between Wally West Flash and Barry Allen Flash.

But just to play devil's advocate, that's nice that you intentionally chose those 8 different Lanterns to drive your argument. But we could find 8 more that look remarkably similar except for their head sculpts, even if we got to the other colors.

And just to really be mean, I'm going to reiterate that this line would never succeed at retail. The Green Lantern Corps isn't nearly popular enough to warrant an entire line dedicated to it. I mean, the DCIH Battle for Oa pack isn't exactly flying off shelves at TRU anyway. :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the only way I was looking at it -- with retail in mind. That's why I said "if we want to get technical" and they "essentially look the same." What are the people at TRU and Walmart that decide what sits on their toy shelves going to see? To them, Abin Sur and Sinestro "essentially" look the same. When it gets down to it, all they see is that both wear green and black and have pink skin.

Both Walmart and TRU are currently selling the Iron Man movie line which consists of about six or seven of the identical figure just colored differently. I won't even go into all the Batmen out there! Green Lantern could hold its own as a line. The characters are certainly diverse enough. Of course here we are debating this and if this line ever were to be put out there... most likely as a result of a GL cartoon or movie... we'd most likely get six different Hal Jordans... Classic Hal, Modern Hal, Battle-Damaged Hal, etc.