Green Lantern Classics?

Rowdy26

This would clog up store shelves like wave 1 did, but imagine twice as bad. Too specific for a concept like DCUC, having an all GL line is what DC Direct's for. I even remember seeing that DCUC Hal Jordan was one of the slower sellers when his wave was out. Saw him more than the others from that wave.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it, why even ask this question?? Hasn't it already been said by Mattel that this upcoming year will be Green Lantern heavy?? Like last year was New Gods heavy, so shall it be with the Lanterns this year!!! While we may not get all these characters, we should see quite a bit of Lanterns out, specifically because of the movie, the huge storyline, etc!!!

My prediction, is that I bet Martian Manhunter will come back to life, and this will coincide with a new MM figuret his year!!! You see and watch!!!

I agree though that a subline of Lanterns would not do well at retail. Perhaps on Matty, but not at the store level!!!

...yawn...Another "fantasy" wish-list thread.

Pssssssssttt...It'll NEVER happen...So why bother getting excited??

You collect toys but can't indulge in a little fantasy? And why even reply if you don't care?

Honestly they need a lantern figure in every wave be it black or blue or :P They want to keep the dcuc line going use the corps as wave filler figures that way you can save another character for antoher wave :P I shall be all over a green & blue Hal though for sure! I kind of have a feeling they will save something like that for an exclusive though... maybe sdcc next year? :S I don't know why but thee Dexstar cat looking just like a cat does bug me too LOL but then they had a fly green lantern & I quite enjoyed him go figure :D

Knowing how difficult it is to collect the regular line, GL Corps sub line would be something similar. Sides, it would be expensive to collect another line...so, no, I wouldn´t support the idea

I would love to see all of these characters, but within the regular waves.

The X-men work better as it's own wave/line, I feel, because not only are they much better known by the casual toy collector, each character has a pretty significantly different look.

The character I'd like to see most though is the F# Bell. he's like a purple Kermit the Frog.

...yawn...Another "fantasy" wish-list thread.

Pssssssssttt...It'll NEVER happen...So why bother getting excited??

You collect toys but can't indulge in a little fantasy? And why even reply if you don't care?

Because that's how he rolls. He probably doesn't even collect action figures. What's more pathetic? Creating "fantasy" lines and talking about it or coming in to insult people who talk about "fantasy" lines?

Anyway, Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler is partially right. A Green Lantern line alone I doubt would last long but perhaps a Green Lantern theme wave like the Marvel Legends FFF wave would be sustainable but could end up clogging shelves in a similar way. However, the DC Direct Green Lantern series has been great and is possibly DCD's best series of figures. Point being it could be a hit in the Internet/comic store market.

If/when the movie comes out I could see something like the X-Men Origins Wolverine line (part comic figs, part movie figs) but I wouldn't hold my breath.

What irks me is why GL isn't more popular. It has everything you would ever want. Interesting characters, cool looking aliens and oh yeah, power rings. What more could you want?

There's so many good choices here: Star Sapphire, John Stewart, Kilowog, Guy Gardner, Guardians, Arkillo, Black Hand, Parallax, Atrocitus, Laira, Manhunters, just pick a few and you'd have a great line.

I would love to see all of these characters, but within the regular waves.

The X-men work better as it's own wave/line, I feel, because not only are they much better known by the casual toy collector, each character has a pretty significantly different look.

The character I'd like to see most though is the F# Bell. he's like a purple Kermit the Frog.

Dude, have you seen the Green Lantern Corp? They're all pretty distinct. Add in like six more rainbow lantern groups and that's a lot of characters with significantly different looks.

BTW, the X-Men did have a series of figures. They've had plenty over the years and none of them set the world on fire. In fact if they didn't have all those cartoons/movies over the years all they would have had was X-Men Classics. The most popular comic in the world and it managed three waves with Avalanche the only figure that didn't appear in the main Marvel Legends line. Very diverse.

Big Dawg-whatever happened to this list?

1.Reverse Flash: A complete repaint of the Flash figure.

2. Gold Cyborg: Another complete repaint.

3. Brandon Choi Atom: Repaint of the elusive WalMart Atom.

4. Modern Green Lantern: This would beHal Jordan as seen currently in the comics where the field of green stops at his waist.

5. Classic Two-Face: This would be a re-release of the DCSH TF but with classic comic book coloring.

All figures would be released with a stand instead of a BAF part.

You know, I never heard another word about this supposed wave so I'm writing this off. I'm standing by what I've relayed about Waves 10 & 11 though. That came from a different source who's very solid.

I can see Mattel doing this though if they ever got desperate.

Dex Star is crazy man,you should check him out in the comics.

I read Green Lantern regularly. I know this guy. I love his attitude. I hate his design. A cat? I love a lot of surreal, whimsical stuff but animal-like aliens are something I've never been able to stand.

Dex Star, Ch'p, G'nort...they're all in the same hated basket.

Tomar Re, Arkkis Chummock, Xax, and that fish guy from Aeros are as animal-like as I like my aliens.

Dex Star is crazy man,you should check him out in the comics.

I read Green Lantern regularly. I know this guy. I love his attitude. I hate his design. A cat? I love a lot of surreal, whimsical stuff but animal-like aliens are something I've never been able to stand.

Dex Star, Ch'p, G'nort...they're all in the same hated basket.

Tomar Re, Arkkis Chummock, Xax, and that fish guy from Aeros are as animal-like as I like my aliens.

I just think it'd be a cool fig. He should come with someone else (like instead of a C&C piece or stand).

It's not his thread,why lock it up. We're having a nice discussion,he 's the one you should deal with.

I think you should reread his post. He said he'd give that guy a warning. He didn't say anything about locking the thread.

This is why it wouldn't work at retail if we want to get technical. A wave of six or eight figures that essentially all look the same isn't something that will succeed at retail.

But if we're dreaming, there are a number of Lanterns I'd like to see. Tops on my list would be a new Sinestro, not to replace the other, but to have a second version because he's cool. He'd have to have a more normal looking head (no gigantic forehead and receding hairline) and regular-sized body.

John Stewart is also a priority, and I'd also like to see a '90s Kyle Rayner.

This is why it wouldn't work at retail if we want to get technical. A wave of six or eight figures that essentially all look the same isn't something that will succeed at retail.

But if we're dreaming, there are a number of Lanterns I'd like to see. Tops on my list would be a new Sinestro, not to replace the other, but to have a second version because he's cool. He'd have to have a more normal looking head (no gigantic forehead and receding hairline) and regular-sized body.

John Stewart is also a priority, and I'd also like to see a '90s Kyle Rayner.

Here are eight Green Lanterns:

John Stewart

Guy Gardner

Boodikka

90's Kyle Rayner

Tomar Re

Katma Tui

Saalak

Arisia

Now, other than the Green Lantern logo on their chest, explain to me how all of these figures look the same. Don't bring retail into it, just explain to me how all these characters look the same.

And for the record (again), other than the series that coincided with the cartoon no X-Men line has set the world on fire. X-Men Evolution figures clogs the shelves for years, among other X lines.

With not one but two movies coming down the line for Green Lantern( One of wich is just weeks away!) I don't see these as being major pegwarmings, and I myself would buy up every figure that came out.

I know we'll be getting a lot of GL figures and other things when the Live action movie comes out, but sadly it most likely won't be as High quality as DCUC.

The best I can wish for though is that Mattel starts releasing large figure boxsets like the Marvel legends ones. THEN we might get some lesser known to the public but highly requested by the fanm community GL related figures.

green-lantern-corps.jpg

reis_sinestro_corps1.jpg

RedLanterns.jpg

Y'know, with very few exceptions, I really don't dig many of the alien designs in the non-green corps. They all look more like over-designed monsters than actual aliens. I really wish these artists would tone it down a little.