Lost "Tough Sergeant" figure found!! Casts available!

Quazar

Well, it seems that ANOTHER lost/cancelled Indiana Jones figure has surfaced.

Recently, I have obtained the prototype for an unproduced - and previously entirely unseen and unknown - "Tough Sergeant" figure.

You know, the guy who fights Indy in the truck in "Raiders" - who punches his wounded arm and them hurls Indy out the windshield? Yeah, that's the guy!

Take a look!

Proto2.jpg

Proto3.jpg

Proto5.jpg

Proto7.jpg

Well, there's even more good news!

Unlike certain other, ahem, forum members with rare prototypes, we are not going to selfishly hoard this, but are making

head casts cheaply available!

132-3240_IMG.jpg

If interested, send an email to:

ryan@midishaw.com

and make sure to put "Tough Sergeant" in the subject line.

Consider it the last "new" Indiana Jones figure you're likely able to own!

Yeap...I'm still not letting ANYONE make casts of the raiders wave 2 figure prototypes that I have....I don't cae how selfish it seems.....if YOU wanted them to be made as re-casts, YOU should have bought them...Instead, you want the cheap way out!

Everyone is entitled to do what they want to with their figures. Some of us choose to share and others choose to be the only kid on the block with Omega Supreme. If I would have had a chance to buy the prototypes I would have bought them. I honestly dont know if I could have destroyed the set to make molds. I know I would have done head molds, but unsure about the body. I am just happy to have a chance to have another new figure. I have already got me a painter lined out.

Chopz

I think all anyone was ever interested in were casts of the heads, not the entire figures. The rest of the figures could be made from already available figures, so there would be no need to destroy anything. There would be no loss in "value" of the original prototypes, as only the heads would be cast. It would seem logical (at least to me) to make head casts and make a little money while at the same time enjoying the satisfaction of having a rare item(s).

I think all anyone was ever interested in were casts of the heads, not the entire figures. The rest of the figures could be made from already available figures, so there would be no need to destroy anything. There would be no loss in "value" of the original prototypes, as only the heads would be cast. It would seem logical (at least to me) to make head casts and make a little money while at the same time enjoying the satisfaction of having a rare item(s).

You're right on all counts, of course.

Some of us choose to live our lives trying to, I dunno, do nice things. Some don't.

Personally, I get zero satisfaction from owning a one of a kind item. At least one like this. I just don't care. I also am not making one thin dime off this endeavor, though I could have quadrupled my investment at least. Easily. If not more so.

I'm doing this purely to share with my fellow collectors who have a shared interest in Indiana Jones toys.

How much would you want for a painted Tough Sgt head?

I provided the prototype to Ryan, but he's the one handling the orders and doing all the work.

However, given that the demand has been quite overwhelming so far, I don't think he has the time or inclination to do painted heads. It's just way too time consuming.

You might want to hunt around on the various custom forums for other artists who would do commission work like that.

Way cool guys! I'm a lurker here but a regular at AFI under Oklahoma's Man of Steel. It's great to see fans working together and helping to get "rare" figures into each others collection. Over at AFI I'm helping to organize something similar with casts of the Batman Beyond Stalker figure that never made it past prototype stage.

How much would you want for a painted Tough Sgt head?

Sorry, I spoke to Ryan today and he is not able to do painted heads.

Poke around the various custom sites/forums. Lots of talented folks out there, I'm sure you could find one to do the job.

You're right on all counts, of course.

Some of us choose to live our lives trying to, I dunno, do nice things. Some don't.

Personally, I get zero satisfaction from owning a one of a kind item. At least one like this. I just don't care. I also am not making one thin dime off this endeavor, though I could have quadrupled my investment at least. Easily. If not more so.

I'm doing this purely to share with my fellow collectors who have a shared interest in Indiana Jones toys.

Much appreciated Quazar.

Yeap...I'm still not letting ANYONE make casts of the raiders wave 2 figure prototypes that I have....I don't cae how selfish it seems.....if YOU wanted them to be made as re-casts, YOU should have bought them...Instead, you want the cheap way out!

No one was/should be rubbing you the wrong way regarding your [lucky and amazing] purchase of the Raiders Wave 2 Prototypes. Collectors like me just wanted to see if you would allow casts of just the head sculpts, that's all. You don't need/have to defend your decision. As Ali G would say "Respect."

:)

Holy s#$%!

MUNDO who painted that head sculpt for you? And where on Earth did you get a matching cap? Can you direct me to the person who did this?

Really nice.

Thanks to everyone involved with this project. This was a nice gesture as a fan and fellow Indy fan. Here's my version of the tough sergeant:

Sergeant1.jpg

Sergeant2.jpg

Sergeant3.jpg

Holy s#$%!

MUNDO who painted that head sculpt for you? And where on Earth did you get a matching cap? Can you direct me to the person who did this?

Really nice.

Thanks a lot. I painted that one myself this afternoon. I'm more surprised that I was able to match the uniform color just about perfectly, hehe. The cap came from a German soldier. I just separated the head and used a Dremel to hollow it out more. I actually haven't tried the fit yet, but I think Quazar mentioned on CTR that it does fit.