spidermanskrull

DCUC Zatanna Concept

No thanks, I think Zatana needs a new torso upper body sculpt. If Mattel is cheaping on the sculpts again like how they ruinned Starfire then I'm out.

No thanks, I think Zatana needs a new torso upper body sculpt. If Mattel is cheaping on the sculpts again like how they ruinned Starfire then I'm out.

they did not ruin starfire. i just think collectors try to be picky just because they think that they can

they did not ruin starfire. i just think collectors try to be picky just because they think that they can

Picky??? Oh man! That Starfire is a disgrace. It's by far the absolute WORST figure in the entire DCUC line up so far. I've heard all about over-sized Grundys, short Sinestros and Bardas, and crap-splattered Batmen, but no other figure in this line looks as cheap and as cobbled together as Starfire. It looks like an amateur-ish custom. I recently got my Adam Strange-Starfire two pack and I feel like I paid thirty bucks for Adam Strange.

According to someone I know on the inside, the Four Horsemen were eager to make Starfire. They found Mattel to be receptive to the character but Mattel insisted that she be made entirely from existing parts! To this, the 4H were horrified and complained that it couldn't be done. Mattel initially stood firm but eventually allowed for TWO NEW PIECES which became the belt buckle and the collar. I believe a new head was always allowed for. Thus, we have the spindly, tiny repaint of a cheap mannequin that they're passing off as a Starfire. You don't need to hold her up to Aquaman or Hawkman to realize something went seriously wrong here. For starters, they used the DCUC female body and we all know how the big Dawg feels about DCSH sculpts being rehashed in the ENTIRELY SEPARATE LINE that is DCUC.

Back on topic though, I'd prefer a uniquely Zatanna head and a jacket with tails. The above would make a very nice custom, but only an adequate professional figure.

I agree, she wasn't as bad as people make her out to be, my only compaint is the flimsy arms which I think everyone will agree is not cool for any figure

Also that version of Zatanna is iconic but I prefer the pre crisis outfit. I think its more marketable to sell in stores than the magician outfit with top hat, but I will settle for one or the other than none at all. BTW your concepts are great, good job!

3732_ZATANNA.jpg

Zatanna.JPG

can you do a concept with this design, also I guess she may of worn in after crisis also but I refer to the 83 JLA line up

starfire was ok for me. i collect marvel legends for years and those girls (specialy toybiz) looked horrible. starfire was a good figure. zatanna will be great if she looks like this. i even think that the ghost body will be repainted for the new joker figure.

I like her, but i am not a fan of either costume.

Tde precrisis headpiece makes her look like a chicken and I am not digging the pumps on the tuxedo costume. Did Zatanna ever wear anything else?