Sign in to follow this  
Rowdy26

DCUC wave 9 on sale in July

According to Mattel wave 9 will go on sale in July via Matty collector.com. I for one am excited and can't wait,wave 9 looks to be one of the best waves yet.

The question and answer from Mattel

Q3:Are you still considering selling DCUC figures on the Matty Collector site, and if so how will these be priced compared to e-tailers and retailers that carry the line? Also will you sell cases and individual figures or just choose one of those options?

A3: Right now we are looking at carrying the Wave 9 figures “open stock” in July. They will be priced at about retail cost

If this is true then I will definitely get them through Mattycollector. I have had nothing but great service from them. I hope this is true for all future waves so I don't have to waste my time driving from store to store looking for these or pay someone else more than retail so I can have complete setsfrom Ebay.

Could someone post a link to the Q&A, I didn't see the info on Mattycollector.com or the Matty Facebook page. Thanks.

They didn't say for sure they were going to have them but they are trying. If they are going to release them through Mattycollector then we need official street dates of when these will be released. I don't know how excited I am about this, I have had decent service with MC for quite some time now but I need to know who will have them first, MC or the online retailers....there are many questions that need to be answered first but it seems MC is looking to build a strong internet based service.

Just keep in mind that when they go on sale on Mattycollector.com and when you get them may be 2 different times. I have had this problem with 2 online stores with wave 6 and 7. They put stuff up for pre-order and dont have it in stock. You pay upfront and it takes weeks or months for the seller to ship the items. Even if Matty dosent charge until the items are in stock, it may be a while before they get the stock to ship out. Other etailers and maybe even retailers will have gotten their shippements before Matty starts shipping their oders, no matter how far in advance the put them up for sale on their site.

If this is true (and I wouldn't hold my breath, then this is what I'm talking about. If their available through the company AND at retail then it's a boon for everyone. But if retail screws it up but sales on mattycollector.com are solid then you'll still have an outlet, perhaps an easier one, than retail.

I believe the word is hooray!

hey Rowdy..

I've looked all over for this Mattel Q & A.. I assume its the same one that mentioned the running change on the Modern Fate??

can you post a link to it.. I would love to read it..

thanks!

i would be very interested in this

This is great news. Matty (unlike Hasbro) ships to Canada. The cost will be much lower than BBTS.

Yes, but matty shipping takes forever. I just got my mer-man today, little over a month.

Eh, cool idea, but there's the common problem: can't see the condition of my figs and their cards from my house. :( Also, how would variants be sold? Seperately, or randomly inserted?

Eh, cool idea, but there's the common problem: can't see the condition of my figs and their cards from my house. :( Also, how would variants be sold? Seperately, or randomly inserted?

that is the risk you take whenever you order online..

but as other threads have mentioned, retail stores may or may not get them for months..( I got my Wave 8 on April 21st) .

I would personally risk seeing the figure ( condition, paint app, etc) to actually hold it in my hands MONTHS before I find them in stores.

You could atleast keep it till they hit retail,then just find a better one and return it with the reciept from the retail figure.