7th Kingdom ready to prowl again!

dayraven

well, AFX has a pre-order up for the blue feline female of the 7TH Kingdom project (the spin-off line from the Four Horsemen's FANtastic Exclusive project).

http://www.shopafx.com/afxsdexgoblf1.html (for non-con attendees)

http://www.shopafx.com/afxsdexgoblf.html (for con attendees)

also, the FanEX boards now have a section called the Dawg Blawg written by a board member who has been working w/ the horsemen now since the first fan ex fig and is keeping the area up to date on developments... and he just posted up tons of test shot photos of the revealed variants so far for the Human Queen Alluxandra and her retinue of female warriors. the pics include some photos for scale of the Queen next to previous winners Xetheus and Ramathorr. i'm hardly impratial, but i think the gals look excellent. check 'em out!

http://fantasticexclusive.com/fforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3201

the fingers aren't really trigger positioned, but they are staggered so that the weapons hang in the hand, creating the visual illusion of weight.

but i still don't quite know why they do it... so long as the hand holds the weapon i don't really care. and to a lesser degree, they do that w/ the motuc figs, and they hold their weapons well enough for me.

that's a good question though... you should ask the horsemen!

• 2 weeks later...

no sweat prof x!

remember to keep checking back on fantasticexclusive.com this week, as we're getting updates daily this week on the variants and all for this set, most (i believe all actually) of which should be at SDCC or on storehorsemen. i've seen many of the gals, but not all of them... let's just say my favorite hasn't been listed yet! should be great for us mature collectors who don't think girls are icky, yet don't need the "cast off" imports the perverts get off on either. for every collector that has bemoaned that there aren't enough well executed female figs, these ladies are ready to step up to the plate!!

well, i believe we've gotten all the variants shown thusfar... 6 six stalking, skulking cat women, a mutant, an elemental, a machine and two humans... sounds like my favorite game of twister (minus the jello shots)

my favs are the two human gals, allux and isadorra, and silissk the mutant... to me, they just beg getting posed w/ other toy lines (i'll leave who to y'alls imagination) but the cats are pure 7th K. the cat ladies will look excellent cavorting w/ my minotaurs and rubbing up against the warthog who already has a look on his face like he's up to his knuckles in truffles. wonder if they were planned together?

and just for those who may not have time to scour the whole bloody web for pics of these fine ladies, one of the fan ex board members gave us this handy "mug shot."

QUEEN_and_variants_mug_shots.jpg

and a little update for those of you who care:

PRE-SALES FOR QUEEN ALLUXANDRA AND HER ROYAL COUNCIL BEGIN WEDNESDAY

The Four Horsemen have announced that they will begin taking pre-orders for “Queen Alluxandra of the Bluddmane Clan”, “Isadorra of the Ironspynne Clan”, “Siliskk the Mutant” and full sets of “Queen Alluxandra & Her Royal Council”, all characters from their fan favorite property “7th Kingdom”, beginning at 8pm est on Wednesday July 1st.

Although Queen Alluxandra and Isadorra will be available at both Store Horsemen (http://www.StoreHorsemen.com) and on hand at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con, the ONLY place you’ll be able to get Siliskk and the Royal Council Set will be at Store Horsemen!

Queen Alluxandra and Isadorra will be $20.00 each (plus shipping - if you’re not purchasing them at SDCC) or you’ll be able to pre-order the pair together for only $35.00!

Siliskk will be available in very limited numbers only through Store Horesmen for $20.00 each, plus shipping.

Queen Alluxandra & Her Royal Council will retail through Store Horsemen only for $220.00 for the full set of 11 figures. The Royal Council set will include Queen Alluxandra, Isadorra, Siliskk, Kromius, Ccora, Akkuli, Biggara, Badathiir, D’zwirra, Oktobria and Raavia.

Royal Council sets are going to be limited to only 125 sets, so be sure to place your order early, because just like past 7th Kingdom sets, these are expected to sell out quickly![/red]

QUEENSCOUNCIL.jpg

come on action figure fans, this is a chance to nont only support the female figures we keep telling toy companies to take a chance on, but also the best independent toy studio going. no one else in the industry is as hands-ons and conversative as the horsemen. these guys are really trying to do toys that we action figure collectors want to see, but can't get the big guys to make. your voice counts over there, and i have to say, as a geek, when one of your ideas gets immortalized in plastic... that's pretty damned cool.

i favor the humans too, but that mutant looks awesome to me. and the others... well, i love female figs... they'll be hard to pass up.

just a quick reminder, the pre-sale goes up tonight at midnight on store horsemen for the whole set, the mutant siliskk, and the human females.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally received these figures from Store Horsemen. I gotta say that they look awesome, and the paint application is really good. What I don't understand though is what's up with the legs? Why have that kind of leg articulation at the hips but have a rubber skirt pretty much negate it? Not to mention the main chick, Alluxandria, has almost no shoulder movement on her right arm because of the furskin cape she has on.

Great toys to look at, but all you can really do is pose them standing straight.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful pics! I'm collecting the feline variant figures as well but I'm not sure how to get my hands on D'Zwirra.

I wasn't aware of these figures until a month or so before whenI saw the announcement of the Big Apple con, which now as passed, and before that time I was able to acquire Oktobria, Raavia, Akkuli, Biggara and Baddathir. Actually just got Raavia in the mail today. Anyway I could possibly acquire D'Zwirra?

• 1 month later...

I've seen many of the gals, but not all of them... let's just say my favorite hasn't been listed yet! should be great for us mature collectors who don't think girls are icky, yet don't need the "cast off" imports the perverts get off on either. for every collector that has bemoaned that there aren't enough well executed female figs, these ladies are ready to step up to the plate!!

regards,

dylan

Simulation pret