Mail-Away Marvel Universe Nick Fury Figure Details Come To Light

JayC

This does not please me. I guess I'll be passing on good ol' Nick, as I have no interest in digital comics. While I respect their decision to use the fig as a promotion for their new media, I think this is kind of like shooting themselves in the foot. At least until Nick makes it out later on down the road, anyway. (I sure don't see them 'selling out' of product this way, and will need to do something with the remaining figs)

I am a sucker for exclusives and will probably get one. That being said this idea is STUPID!!! I don't mind when the exclusives pertain to the product, i.e. the Mail-in Doc figure where you had to buy figures. This kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and had to convince my parents to buy some really bad cereal to get a cool toy out of the box. Eventually they would buy the cereal and I would get the toy, then I was stuck eating the cereal beacause they paid for it. Hey, I know, I will pour some sugar on my computer to make this taste sweeter. @poop#

wow ... that is just ... wow.... bad move hasbro! I have feeling they will make it for sale on there site anyways because other wise... what?! They get stuck with X amount of figures they make? I'm glad I'm not really getting into this line that much other wise I'd be some what annoyed at this! Also FYI JAYC the link " marvel.com/nickfury wh" whatever just takes you back to the main tni marvel site I have a feeling that is a mistake right there

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!!!!

This is sooooooooooooooooooo funny, I'm busting a gut laughing!!

HASBRO has so completely destroyed the Marvel license and the interest of most Marvel Legends collectors. Their 6" "Legends" are a joke, and this l'il weenie "Universe" line is pathetic...And now they want you to subscribe to some digital comic-nonsense to get an "exclusive" figure????

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!!!! All the HASBRO apologists out there...Where ya' hidin' now???

@loll@

I find it hard to believe this is actually the deal. The whole MU line is kind of built around Fury. How could they make him so expensive to get? There must be other ways to get him. We'll see. If buying digital comics is the only way to get him, then I'm passing.

HASBRO has so completely destroyed the Marvel license and the interest of most Marvel Legends collectors. Their 6" "Legends" are a joke, and this l'il weenie "Universe" line is pathetic...And now they want you to subscribe to some digital comic-nonsense to get an "exclusive" figure????

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!!!! All the HASBRO apologists out there...Where ya' hidin' now???

@loll@

Yeah & Marvel had nothing to do with this either? :P

It doesn't help that Walmart has the figures for 8.44.I am suprised the figures are selling.Now,this deal with Fury.This is amazing.

Yeah I'm surprised that WM's stock is even selling. Here they have all sold out of those.

Yet places which have them cheaper $7.99 almost everywhere else have more & get the new ones in. WM is no longer the best place to buy anything anymore. The idea that WM is cheap & has the lowest prices is no longer relevant. Their marketing campaign has put that idea into most consumers' heads. When really all they did was lure everyone in & now that they have them they hiked up prices across the board.

I really don't care for this promotion either.

BTW if you live in Singapore you can buy him for the same price as a single figure at TRU...

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1241544

Awesome, I justed boked a flight to Singapore. I hope they have them in stock, since I only have 3 hour window to find a TRU and get back to the airport with my round trip ticket.

Hasbro will see the error in their decision and release him as a single figure here.

Awesome, I justed boked a flight to Singapore. I hope they have them in stock, since I only have 3 hour window to find a TRU and get back to the airport with my round trip ticket.

Hasbro will see the error in their decision and release him as a single figure here.

They will sell him as a single figure, at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross, etc. about two months before 2010 SDCC. AoA Sunfire anyone?

@loll@

Yeah Hasbro sure has a lot of problems but they are still superior to Mattel's pathetic crap.

They will sell him as a single figure, at TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross, etc. about two months before 2010 SDCC. AoA Sunfire anyone?

Screw that he's popular enough to be a TRU exclusive here or something.

Heh.. I found about eight of the Aoa sunfire at marshalls this morning along with marvel legends two packs of mr fantastic & thing, wolverine & forge, Ultimate nick fury * ultimate captain america and more plus eight Iron man marvel legends unleashed figures.

pricing:

two packs: 11.99 each

Aoa sunfire: 9.99

iron man marvel legends unleashed: 11.99

there were also movie hulk figures there and batman movie masters there with some old spider-man 3 figures.

Heh.. I found about eight of the Aoa sunfire at marshalls this morning along with marvel legends two packs of mr fantastic & thing, wolverine & forge, Ultimate nick fury * ultimate captain america and more plus eight Iron man marvel legends unleashed figures.

pricing:

there were also movie hulk figures there and batman movie masters there with some old spider-man 3 figures.

And why are they showing up at discount stores? Because NO ONE wants them! @smilepunch@

pricing:

And why are they showing up at discount stores? Because NO ONE wants them! @smilepunch@

It's not because no one wants them, no one wants them at the price they are trying to get when they release the figures. I found a case of AoA Sunfire's at Marshall's a couple of months ago and tried to recoup the cost of the one I bought from Hasbro by selling and trading with friends. I do not want to be the guy kicking myself in the a$$ when the Nemesis wave shows up at Marshall's or TJ Maxx like the ML Blob Series Variants.

Call me crazy but i kinda have to defend hasbro here. I'd say this was marvel's call. I don't blame them for trying this either, i think the idea is to get Kid's into comics. That doesn't sound bad at all. for me? marvel has lost me as a comic fan, and even if they were to get me back, i would want digital comics yes, but only for a few series, and would not like being forced to pay for all of them.

As for the fig himself, as much as i initially didn't like the "ultimate" concept, if i were to buy a Fury figure, that be the version i'd want.

my god this is stupid this is plain greed in the end, at least with dc infinite universe their exclusive is available at the comic-con and you just give them 50 points from your figs or $10 for an anti-monitor. i am gonna go to my comic-con and hope to find fury and if i don't find 1 i will spend $40 on e-bay if i have to cause i'm not gonna spend $30 on something i won't use EVER. i think it even said after you buy your subscription on marvel.com you still have to pay mf'n shipping & handling. i love the marvel universe figs but this is just "STEWPID" dc inf heros don't have the articulation but mattel and dc haven't screwed anyone with their exclusive.

They aren't selling a fig here guys. They are selling digital comics. The fig is just enticement.

Sorta like when you buy a Showtime Rotisserie grill and they throw in the heat resistant gloves and knives.

my god this is stupid this is plain greed in the end, at least with dc infinite universe their exclusive is available at the comic-con and you just give them 50 points from your figs or $10 for an anti-monitor. i am gonna go to my comic-con and hope to find fury and if i don't find 1 i will spend $40 on e-bay if i have to cause i'm not gonna spend $30 on something i won't use EVER. i think it even said after you buy your subscription on marvel.com you still have to pay mf'n shipping & handling. i love the marvel universe figs but this is just "STEWPID" dc inf heros don't have the articulation but mattel and dc haven't screwed anyone with their exclusive.

Another fanboy who flunked out of business school. Has anyone ever gotten a figure they had to save cereal box POP for?

Explain to me how this is plain greed. Seriously. Print will be dead within two generations and if there's one thing you can learn from newspapers it's that you don't wait until your industry is on the verge of extinction to fix it. That's what Marvel's doing. It's called marketing. They give you a figure they don't make any money off of (and by the way genius they don't make any money off the shipping either) if you pay for their digital service for three months. It's for them to start pimping their service now and figure out what works and what doesn't because our hypothetical grandchildren will be laughing at us when we tell them we had to leave our house to get our comics rather them reading them online.

I haven't bought my figure yet but I have overlooked the subscription service. Is it perfect? No, so go through it and tell them what needs fixing. When the three months are over you still have your Nick Fury figure. But if you're going to waste more money to get less then by all means go ahead.

its greed because they don't put it in with the normal toyline tell me how can 2 kids talk their parents into buying 2 subscriptions to marvel.com at $30 a pop cause there will be kids who read comics (real comics the kind you hold on printed paper) who are gonna want this so will their brother(s). basically this is to captialize on collectors and kids and boost sales on something i would rather pass on i read maybe 3 marvel comics a month (sorry i don't like wolverine then i would read every comic they put out). so great idea to boost sales for marvel.com by forcing people who want to complete a figure line. if you read every marvel comic they print then great a subscription is awesome you will save money but i don't read about them i read ultimate x-men/fantastic 4 but those are done uncanny x-men, capt america i read more dc. i also prefer a printed comic over an online version i pay for 3 months it ends i can't look back on those comics i have to buy the comic or another subscription.

its greed because they don't put it in with the normal toyline tell me how can 2 kids talk their parents into buying 2 subscriptions to marvel.com at $30 a pop cause there will be kids who read comics (real comics the kind you hold on printed paper) who are gonna want this so will their brother(s). basically this is to captialize on collectors and kids and boost sales on something i would rather pass on i read maybe 3 marvel comics a month (sorry i don't like wolverine then i would read every comic they put out). so great idea to boost sales for marvel.com by forcing people who want to complete a figure line. if you read every marvel comic they print then great a subscription is awesome you will save money but i don't read about them i read ultimate x-men/fantastic 4 but those are done uncanny x-men, capt america i read more dc. i also prefer a printed comic over an online version i pay for 3 months it ends i can't look back on those comics i have to buy the comic or another subscription.

It isn't greed. They are giving you a free figure if you subscribe to their digital comics. Do you just want them to give the figure away for free?

It isn't greed. They are giving you a free figure if you subscribe to their digital comics. Do you just want them to give the figure away for free?

I wouldn't call it greed but it is a bad martketing strategy. Comic readers and action figure collectors don't go hand in hand nearly as much as one might think and forcing collectors to have to pay for a service they wouldn't normally want for a line that really is just getting going and already dealing with the venom from the 6" collectors who feel this line is responsible for killing their line is not a good way to build a positive buzz for it. If this was a well established line with a large following I could maybe see trying this but in the lines infine stages it just seems like a bad move on both Marvel and Hasbros part. I wouldn't be surprised though if they dont have some backup strategy for getting these figures into collectors hands if the subscription thing doesnt pan out.