DCUC wave 10 confirmed yet?

Cmdr_Y

Classics is just a name,just like Legends for Marvel. Alot of the ML figures weren't "legends". So I wouldn't read too much into it.

Its just marketing hyperbole. Marvel Legends is a lot more catchy than Marvel Action Figures.

Mattel is actually saving some costumes because these characters can carry a wave. I.E Hals modern costume was not used as a variant so that they could use it to carry a wave in the future,they are going with the most popular or most recognizable costume,like Black Lightning,or the new Robin costume(wich was used because he is wearing that costume currently in comics and my appeal to current comic readers),they are going on a character to character basis and deciding what would be better on shelves. We will see a good mixture of classic and modern throughout the line and I welcome both. I do want a classic Grayson robin and red and green Tim Drake.

Yes, this is a sensible way to approach a toy line like this. Certain characters can be considered iconic (Robin) and certain ones have toy-etic looks despite being lesser known, so they can be salted in various waves over time.

I'm waiting for a Classic Robin myself, because the classic Batman is simply incomplete ( to my mind) without him.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riddler was modern, Black Lightning too, Despero and Chemo also, we got modern versions of Sinestro and Firestorm and supposedly we're getting Cyborg Supes in his current outfit. I think it just depends on what looks good as an action figure.

Personally, there are characters I'd rather have than Static but there are characters I'd rather have before Commander Steel or Killer Moth or even Guardian. And no offense, but I'd rather have just about any character before Black Vulcan. If you want to get technical, the line is called "DC Universe Classics", and unlike Static or Black Lightning(who was around before Black Vulcan, BTW), he's not part of the DC Universe. :)

Classics is just a name,just like Legends for Marvel. Alot of the ML figures weren't "legends". So I wouldn't read too much into it.

I accept your opinion, but the way it was portrayed by Mattel had a stress on 'classic'. There were (are still) puh-lenty o' questions about releases, like W1 Batman, GL, etc, where people asked why not the more modern uniforms, and Mattel's response was exactly as I spelled it out - Classics first. Obviously there are deviations, which is a bit confusing. Most notably, Robin. He should have, by definition, been the boy wonder look. But then you have not-so-recognized characters, like Adam Strange, with whom it does not matter so much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, while I liked the Static character, especially when he got to intermingle with others from the DCU in his show, I just don't think it's his time yet.

As for 'legends', I pretty much feel all superheroes are legends. So the fact that Marvel used that in their banner title should not be considered restrictive. Even the lowliest among these guys (Ambush Man? Toad?) should be considered 'legends'. 'Classics' just narrows it down to a particular frame of time, like the 'History of the DCU' does.

i understand what your saying and i dont want static yet either cause there are a lot mor characters i want first that being said i dont think mattel is sticking with the idea of classics entirely because of some of the choices made and i think for the most part thats what made this line great. it attracks a lot of collectors wants and needs.

Niiiice, Kilowog BAF!! I like the character selection, except for Katma Tui (Don´t know Him) and Static (never saw the show, and the costume doesn´t appeal to me.)

Niiiice, Kilowog BAF!! I like the character selection, except for Katma Tui (Don´t know Him) and Static (never saw the show, and the costume doesn´t appeal to me.)

Katma Tui is John Stewarts Wife & fellow Green Lantern Corpsman.

Wave 10 will be announced at the San Diego Comic Con, then EVERYONE will re post it. @supes@

Mattel just stated in a Q&A that wave 10 will be announced in toyfare magazine.

That's good - at least there is a reason to have that subscription now, seeing as how we've been discussing elsewhere that hardcopy material is all but obsolete as far as news is concerned! Glad to see they're getting a reason to exist!

just started reading this particular thread

would love a figure of Static (that pic from Spiderman Skrull is awesome)

Don't want to see a Back Vulcan

I love ethnic characters ... give me an Apache or Longshadow character any day

and I thought Mattel planned to make a brown version of Man-Bat the C&C character for wave 10?

No split cases for the WalMart wave and no All stars

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/06/ask-matty-619

Another Walmart exclusive? Well, that really blows. As I've stated, neither of the Walmart's in my area have ever carried DCUC (or even the smaller figs). The only DC figs they've ever carried were the Dark Knight and MMs.

Production numbers have increased significantly for the next Walmart wave,they will also be on Walmart.com,and more and more Walmarts will get them even if they never carried DCUC. That's what mattel said at SDCC.

Mattel just stated in a Q&A that wave 10 will be announced in toyfare magazine.

That's good - at least there is a reason to have that subscription now, seeing as how we've been discussing elsewhere that hardcopy material is all but obsolete as far as news is concerned! Glad to see they're getting a reason to exist!

Well since SDCC is in July, then the very nect issue of Toyfare should be the one that contains the pics, so keep an eye out for it!!!

Production numbers have increased significantly for the next Walmart wave,they will also be on Walmart.com,and more and more Walmarts will get them even if they never carried DCUC. That's what mattel said at SDCC.

Mattel also said once upon a time that no one should have a problem finding Wave 5.

After the Wave 5 fiasco, they came back and said, "Well, we can't control what retailers order."

I think its perfectly understandable to be concerned here. We aren't talking about an Amazo or a slapped together Riddler here. We're talking about the Joker, PowerGirl, and BeastBoy! These are some fairly important figures everyone is going to want.

I see your point,but I think Mattel and Walmart saw how wave 5 went. Walmart had wave 5 made for them as a test for the line,to see how they would do in there stores so production was lower than normal.

I see your point,but I think Mattel and Walmart saw how wave 5 went. Walmart had wave 5 made for them as a test for the line,to see how they would do in there stores so production was lower than normal.

I talked about this with my inside guy a while ago. I don't know if things have changed since so I'll gladly defer to any more updated information. My guy told me Mattel recognized that Wave 5 was a complete disaster. They've unfortunately agreed to AT LEAST one more Walmart wave. (I say "unfortunately" because he left me with the impression that no one at Mattel was happy about that deal.) Then he said that as far as he could tell nothing was being done to prevent a repeat of the Wave 5 fiasco.

Wal-Mart gets one exclusive wave a year,for the rest of the 5 year licensing agreement. Well Mattel said production on this wave would be higher and it will be on Wal-Mart.com. Those are atleast a couple steps that have been taken that should help.

Wal-Mart gets one exclusive wave a year,for the rest of the 5 year licensing agreement. Well Mattel said production on this wave would be higher and it will be on Wal-Mart.com. Those are atleast a couple steps that have been taken that should help.

I really, really hope you're right.

A friend of mine put forth the hope that perhaps Wave 10 will be made available on Matty Collector, but Mattel has always been pretty stubborn that exclusives remain exclusive.

I just don't want another armless Metallo!