Any news on the next wave of Star Trek figures?

TheDarkKnight

Kirk in Black, Delta Vega Scotty, Kelvin's Crew...and the Shuttlecraft?

No pictures just yet, but it looks like this line is far from done:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3468

And on a non-ST note, John Connor will no longer be afraid of Mr. Sun!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten more figures won't be enough to complete the bridge and transporter. I think they'll need twelve more (11 for the bridge, 1 for the transporter), unless a couple of the pieces are supposed to be used more than once.

Kirk in Black, Delta Vega Scotty, Kelvin's Crew...and the Shuttlecraft?

No pictures just yet, but it looks like this line is far from done:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3468

And on a non-ST note, John Connor will no longer be afraid of Mr. Sun!

Now THERE is an informative Q and A. THanks! And it looks like all good news.

This line is SO getting cancelled. Both scales of figures. They are already on clearance in the States and Canada. Too bad because it was great movie.

No, they've been marked down. This isn't entirely uncommon.

When Revenge of the Sith toys first hit, they were $6.99...a few weeks later they were $5.99. They didn't exactly clearance those out and certainly didn't cancel the line.

I do agree that this particular line will probably be cancelled after Christmas, but it won't get truly "clearanced" until then. Unless it's selling a lot better than it looks to be and there's just a ton of product out there to keep shelves full (IE really high turnaround).

According to Chris Kay of Playmates who overseas the Trek line as of last Friday he said that there was nothing confirmed to reveal for future plans of this line, so unfrotunetly regardless of what you read in the Q&A in the link above, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

This line is SO getting cancelled. Both scales of figures. They are already on clearance in the States and Canada. Too bad because it was great movie.

I know someone who works at a toys r us and he said the star trek movie toys aren't selling very well. When I read of trekmovie that the toys were selling very well I doubted the hell out of that one, someone is probably lying or bullcrapping. I don't think they are selling that well, the Enterprise might be but everywhere I got I see the figures on the pegs. The pegs are also NEVER empty.

I know someone who works at a toys r us and he said the star trek movie toys aren't selling very well. When I read of trekmovie that the toys were selling very well I doubted the hell out of that one, someone is probably lying or bullcrapping. I don't think they are selling that well, the Enterprise might be but everywhere I got I see the figures on the pegs. The pegs are also NEVER empty.

This happens all the time. You shove a movie line down people's throat and all you get is peg warmers.

This happens all the time. You shove a movie line down people's throat and all you get is peg warmers.

Yep, I have to admit I do not like any of the star trek movie figures with the exception of spock prime which I own all 3 versions of and 6" nero. I will not buy any of the other figures at all. I have the electronic Enterprise and will buy the Hot Wheels version of the Imposterprise(abramsprise). I might get the electronic Kelvin if they release it pretty soon but I don't think that's gonna happen. I don't know if anyone else noticed that after about a week or so no one gave a rat's ass about Star Trek. The Hot Wheels version is the last Imposterprise get though. After that I'm not buying anything else related to the movie. Hot Wheels better not do too many movie related ships or the line will FAIL miserably.

The pegs are never empty (at least until Christmastime) for Star Wars or Transformers either, but those are two of the most successful boys' toy lines on the market. I'm not saying that Star Trek is selling that well, but you can't automatically assume that just because you can find the figures on pegs that the line is unsuccessful.

Having toys on pegs isn't automatically a sign of failure. It could just as easily be a sign of frequent refreshing. Around here the 3.75" line seems to have moved a fair amount. The 6" figures don't look like they're going anywhere, though. Regardless of all that, however, it's pretty rare for ANY toy line to "sell out" prior to the holiday shopping season, unless it's only coming out in limited quantities to begin with. Sure, the first couple shipments of a wave might sell-through, but after that they end up being pretty common on pegs like everything else.

The pegs are never empty (at least until Christmastime) for Star Wars or Transformers either, but those are two of the most successful boys' toy lines on the market. I'm not saying that Star Trek is selling that well, but you can't automatically assume that just because you can find the figures on pegs that the line is unsuccessful.

Having toys on pegs isn't automatically a sign of failure. It could just as easily be a sign of frequent refreshing. Around here the 3.75" line seems to have moved a fair amount. The 6" figures don't look like they're going anywhere, though. Regardless of all that, however, it's pretty rare for ANY toy line to "sell out" prior to the holiday shopping season, unless it's only coming out in limited quantities to begin with. Sure, the first couple shipments of a wave might sell-through, but after that they end up being pretty common on pegs like everything else.

Ya gotta factor things in, 1 Star Trek doesn't have the pull it used to, 2 the movie wasn't good enough to hold onto #1 for more than a week and 3 the design of the role playing toys are a joke. A vinyl playmat for the bridge??? HAHAHAHA that's a joke, they could have easily done better. Actually the first couple of shipments didn't even sell through, the figures very slowly trickle out. Uhura seems to be the only figure selling because shes the only female in the line. If they are planning on producings more waves of peg warmer trek uh I mean Star Trek figures then that's their choice.

off subject playmates made figs for both terminator and star trek but they only made Chekov not a Reese it would have been simple to just change the hair sculpt and use a resistance body anyone else notice this by chance?

Ya gotta factor things in, 1 Star Trek doesn't have the pull it used to, 2 the movie wasn't good enough to hold onto #1 for more than a week and 3 the design of the role playing toys are a joke. A vinyl playmat for the bridge??? HAHAHAHA that's a joke, they could have easily done better. Actually the first couple of shipments didn't even sell through, the figures very slowly trickle out. Uhura seems to be the only figure selling because shes the only female in the line. If they are planning on producings more waves of peg warmer trek uh I mean Star Trek figures then that's their choice.

Nevermind, I thought I was talking to someone with a shred of intelligence and objective viewpoint.

Ya gotta factor things in, 1 Star Trek doesn't have the pull it used to, 2 the movie wasn't good enough to hold onto #1 for more than a week and

Actually I think people thought thisd was like the other Treks and shied away

3 the design of the role playing toys are a joke. A vinyl playmat for the bridge??? HAHAHAHA that's a joke, they could have easily done better. Actually the first couple of shipments didn't even sell through, the figures very slowly trickle out. Uhura seems to be the only figure selling because shes the only female in the line. If they are planning on producings more waves of peg warmer trek uh I mean Star Trek figures then that's their choice.

LOL your dead on about the bridge set

Nevermind, I thought I was talking to someone with a shred of intelligence and objective viewpoint.

Quit the crap I see nothing wrong with his response

1. This Star Trek movie pulled in a larger in-theater audience than any other Star Trek movie in history. Therefore there's nothing wrong with its' "pull." If Star Trek didn't have any "pull" it wouldn't be:

2. The highest-grossing movie of the summer thus far. More than Wolverine. More than Terminator: Salvation. More than Angels and Demons. Whether it was the #1 grosser for one weekend or a million it's irrelevant if you're #1 in the end. To claim that it not keeping its' "#1" status for longer than one week is a sign of weakness or failure is to show complete ignorance of the overall scope of the facts. Nevermind that it's rather rare for ANY movie to keep its' #1 status for longer than a week during the summer...two at most...there are simply too many new releases from May-August. Nevermind that it was only "beat" by about a million dollars and proceeded to end up overtaking the very same film that "Beat" it the next week. Nevermind that it continued performing strongly even when a direct competitor (Terminator: Salvation) opened up two weeks later. People need to stop acting like Dark Knight is some kind of benchmark for a successful movie rather than the unusual circumstance that it was.

1. This Star Trek movie pulled in a larger in-theater audience than any other Star Trek movie in history. Therefore there's nothing wrong with its' "pull." If Star Trek didn't have any "pull" it wouldn't be:

2. The highest-grossing movie of the summer thus far. More than Wolverine. More than Terminator: Salvation. More than Angels and Demons. Whether it was the #1 grosser for one weekend or a million it's irrelevant if you're #1 in the end. To claim that it not keeping its' "#1" status for longer than one week is a sign of weakness or failure is to show complete ignorance of the overall scope of the facts. Nevermind that it's rather rare for ANY movie to keep its' #1 status for longer than a week during the summer...two at most...there are simply too many new releases from May-August. Nevermind that it was only "beat" by about a million dollars and proceeded to end up overtaking the very same film that "Beat" it the next week. Nevermind that it continued performing strongly even when a direct competitor (Terminator: Salvation) opened up two weeks later. People need to stop acting like Dark Knight is some kind of benchmark for a successful movie rather than the unusual circumstance that it was.

Yes true but.... it was how you responded back

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well we reset the Action figure aisle and as I said Trek carries over to xmas

BUT

I did notice the Trek figures there are marked down

$3 for the 3 3/4 figures and $5 for the 6" figures

It's a shame they're not even worth that much. They could mark them down to a dollar a piece and I still wouldn't be interested in them.

I'd love for them to make the Kelvin, but as long as Playmates' figure technology comes straight from the 90's, I'll be passing.

Actually I'm glad that Playmates got the license to do these.Before this the only place that carried ST figures was Toys R Us. However the nearest one to me is around 12 miles away. I just couldn't see to waste gas and time to go every week to TRU to see if they had anything new.Plus the fact that TRU usually charges more for them.I don't think that Walmart or Target even carries figures from Diamond Select. I know I've never seen any of the Diamond Select Trek figures at any of those stores.So if wasn't for Playmates doing these it's highly doubtful that I would have been able to buy any of the toy line at all. I also would estimate that I was able to save close to $60 at least by buying these from Walmart, Target or Meijer compared to buying them from TRU.