Any news on the next wave of Star Trek figures?

TheDarkKnight

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was any info yet on any future waves of Star Trek figures in the Playmates movie line?

I've mainly collected all the galaxy figures as well as some from the 6 inch line and was wondering if and how long till we can expect to see some new figures.

Mainly, I would like to see things like:

Kirk (in black starfleet shirt, since he wore that the majority of the movie)

Bones (in starfleet uniform)

Chekov (in starfleet uniform)

Spock (in starfleet grey academy uniform)

Kirk (in starfleet academy uniform)

Orion Girl from Starfleet

Sarek

Uhura (in starfleet academy uniform)

Romulans (Nero is lonely.)

Amanda Grayson

Sulu (in jump suit)

Kirk (in jump suit)

Scotty (in snow suit)

Also a shuttle for the Galaxy figures would be outstanding!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too man. I'm totally on board with your choices. And I too was wondering if there'd be any future waves...

I'd also like to see the elder Spock and Kirk in snowsuits, as well as Bar-hopping/Motorcycle-riding Kirk. (lol) And...I loved Captain Pike in the movie; what was he wearing when he approached Kirk after the beating he received in the bar scene? I'd be happy with any extra Pike figures, maybe even a figure of Admiral Pike from the end of the film. That'd be cool. But I'd especially like to see Kirk and company in their high-altitude jumpsuits.

I'd also like to see the elder Spock and Kirk in snowsuits, as well as Bar-hopping/Motorcycle-riding Kirk. (lol) And...I loved Captain Pike in the movie; what was he wearing when he approached Kirk after the beating he received in the bar scene? I'd be happy with any extra Pike figures, maybe even a figure of Admiral Pike from the end of the film.

Those would be great to see as well, I still think Kirk in black, McCoy and Chekov are the absolute musts, I mean that's how the bridge would feel complete (that and the missing bridge and transporter pieces that go with it, lol)

The Iowa Kirk would be good maybe in a deluxe set with the Bike and and a random farm animal.

Delta Vega Scotty's figure would have to come with a in scale figure of his little alien buddy! :D

And how about some figs from the movie's official prequel, the Countdown comic? I'd love to see:

Captain Data

Ambassador Picard

General Worf

Geordi

Nero (with stubble and hair before he goes bad)

Wouldn't that be cool? 8)

What, no young Kirk with classic Corvette? @loll@

Although, I do want the Iowa Cop on the Speeder/Hover Bike, but if he doesn't have a young Kirk/Corvette to chase what would be the point in having him? Well, I guess he could chase the Bar-hopping/Motorcycle-Riding Kirk.

Uhura (in underwear)

Gaila (the redheaded Orion roommate, or Ogre Princess Fiona after liposuction and otoplasty, in underwear)

Gaila (the redheaded Orion roommate, in U.S.S. Enterprise uniform)

Admiral Pike (in wheelchair)

Bones (in U.S.S. Enterprise uniform)

Chekov (in U.S.S. Enterprise uniform)

George Kirk (I'd buy two of this figure, and use the extra James T. Kirk from the Bridge playset, and switch their heads. I'd then use the George head/James body as my definitive James T. Kirk because I think Chris Hemsworth looks more like William Shatner than Chris Pine does)

Winona Kirk

Sarek

Amanda Grayson

U.S.S. Kelvin Doctor (female Doc with huge eyes that helped deliver James T. Kirk)

U.S.S. Kelvin Alien

Long Face Bar Alien

The Burly Starfleet Cadet/U.S.S. Enterprise Crew Member Security Guard (that fought James T. Kirk in the bar and then arrested him when he beamed onboard the Enterprise with Scotty)

Random U.S.S. Enterprise Red Shirts (many variants that all use the same generic head, but with different hair color and/or facial hair)

Enterprise Crew Member #7 (female played by Sabrina Morris to be used as generic female with variants using same head but with different hair color)

Romulan Miners/Terrorists/Ninjas

Klingon Rura Penthe Guards (with helmets, seen in trailer, that didn't make it to the final cut)

Nurse Chapel (although they never showed her, Bones did call her by name for assistance. Elizabeth Ingalls played the blonde flirty nurse on the Enterprise, that could be the model for the figure of Chapel.)

Uhura (in underwear)

Gaila (the redheaded Orion roommate, or Ogre Princess Fiona after liposuction and otoplasty, in underwear)

Gaila (the redheaded Orion roommate, in Starfleet uniform)

Admiral Pike (in wheelchair)

Bones (in Starfleet uniform)

Chekov (in Starfleet uniform)

George Kirk (I'd buy two of this figure, and use the extra James T. Kirk from the Bridge playset, and switch their heads. I'd then use the George head/James body as my diffinitive James T. Kirk because I think Chris Hemsworth looks more like William Shatner than Chris Pine does)

Winona Kirk

Sarek

Amanda Grayson

U.S.S. Kelvin Doctor (female Doc with huge eyes that helped deliver James T. Kirk)

U.S.S. Kelvin Alien

Long Face Bar Alien

The Burly Starfleet Cadet/U.S.S. Enterprise Crew Member Security Guard (that fought James T. Kirk in the bar and then arrested him when he beamed onboard the Enterprise with Scotty)

Random U.S.S. Enterprise Red Shirts (many variants that all use the same generic head, but with different hair color and/or facial hair)

Enterprise Crew Member #7 (female played by Sabrina Morris to be used as generic female with variants using same head but with different hair color)

Romulan Miners/Terrorists/Ninjas

Klingon Rura Penthe Guards (with helmets, seen in trailer, that didn't make it to the final cut)

Nurse Chapel (although they never showed her, Bones did call her by name for assistance. Elizabeth Ingalls played the blonde flirty nurse on the Enterprise, that could be the model for the figure of Chapel.)

Why didn't you include Kirk (in underwear) on that list? @hmmm@

I love all these choices and I would love to see as many of them as possible even the underwear ones! lol

Not sure how well playmates is doing with Star Trek and Terminator but I hope it is high in sales! :)

Not sure how well playmates is doing with Star Trek and Terminator but I hope it is high in sales! :)

I think Star Trek is doing well at least in my area, Terminator seems to be moving more now, I've tried to avoid that line myself, after the debacle that is the "Afraid of the Swine Flu" John Connor figures.

I think Star Trek is doing well at least in my area, Terminator seems to be moving more now, I've tried to avoid that line myself, after the debacle that is the "Afraid of the Swine Flu" John Connor figures.

@loll@

Yeah those are ridiculous. The Terminator line is pretty much "fail" for me.

Gotta have Scottie's weird little buddy!

I agree! That would be awesome.

we won't get a completed bridge.

That's why I would think we would get at least one more Wave, because if all the parts aren't available, I would think that would hurt sales of the Bridge playset. That and you would think they would get something new in time for the DVD Release/Holiday season, but personally a new wave during the summer would rock!

First, the Terminator Salvation line's good for Endoskeletons only. And they're not even that good since you can't even wipe out a platoon of G.I. Joes with these undersized figures.

As for Star Trek, I'd really rather not see this become Star Wars, where any character which appeared onscreen for more than a second somehow warrants a figure & backstory. There's only one figure which absolutely needs to be made, and it is Red Shirt Security Officer. And he must only be sold in packs of 10.

And how about some figs from the movie's official prequel, the Countdown comic? I'd love to see:

Captain Data

Ambassador Picard

General Worf

Geordi

Nero (with stubble and hair before he goes bad)

Wouldn't that be cool? 8)

I have no idea what the future of the line will be but THAT is a line up I would buy! (I'm actually planning my Captain Data custom right now).

I'd also take:

Admiral Pike

Scotty's little friend (in Star Fleet uniform)

black shirt Kirk

Uhura's roomate

There's only one figure which absolutely needs to be made, and it is Red Shirt Security Officer. And he must only be sold in packs of 10.

Yes, and one has to be "Cupcake," lol.

I'm sure there are new waves on the way. They might be difficult to find due to shelfwarming by Wave 1, but they're going to at least get out enough figures to complete the Bridge and Transporter Room. We might not see them until SDCC (for Christmas/Holiday release) but I'm positive they're coming.

List is purely speculative, but I'd imagine we'll get (in the 3.75" line):

Kirk (Black Cadet Outfit)

Kirk (Space Jump)

Sulu (Space Jump)

Dr. McCoy (Starfleet Uniform)

Aylen (Nero's First Officer)

Chekhov (Starfleet Uniform)

Maybe Lt. George Kirk

Maybe Sarek

Maybe "Random Romulan Warrior"

I personaly would like to see the following released in future waves.

- Cadet J. Kirk

- Black Shirt J. Kirk

- Dive suit J.Kirk (With removable helmet and parashoot)

- Starfleet Bones

- Starfleet Chekov

- Cadet Sulu

- Dive suit Sulu (With removable helmet, sword and parashoot)

- Instructor Spock

- Cadet Scotty

- Delta Vega Scotty

- Cadet Urua

- Admiral Pike

- "Cupcake" Red Shirt

- Dive suit Cheif Engineer Olsen (With removable helmet and parashoot)

- Lt. G. Kirk

- Cadet Gaila

- Ayel

- Sarek

- Keenser 2 pack; Delta Vega Keenser and Starfleet Keenser

UPDATE!

I contacted Playmates about new figures and if they will have the remaining Bridge pieces, here is their response:

Fall 2009 there will be an additional 10 figures coming out with the accessories.

Thank you & Regards, P---- B-----

Consumer Service

Playmates Toys Inc.

(877) ---------

www.playmatestoys.com

I removed the name and number for privacy reasons.

10 more figures, woo-hoo!

UPDATE!

I contacted Playmates about new figures and if they will have the remaining Bridge pieces, here is their response:

Fall 2009 there will be an additional 10 figures coming out with the accessories.

Thank you & Regards, P---- B-----

Consumer Service

Playmates Toys Inc.

(877) ---------

www.playmatestoys.com

I removed the name and number for privacy reasons.

10 more figures, woo-hoo!

Cool! Now, which scale will they be? I seem to be the minority but I'm diging the 6''. Just got new Spock (my second 6''er) and I like him.