A most peculiar find

Lady Jaye

Well today I went out to get some clothes for my cousins wedding, so I was out and about. Well I happen to stop in this Target that's in the suburb on the other side of town. I went to the toy section first, as always, and found the new figures, unfortunately all they had were the repacks AKA Greatest Hits line.

I made my way to the electronics section to see if they had any PS2 games on clearance. Nothing, I walk around and on the elec counter is a lone Chuki variant (Mattel/Pixar Cars) and a beat up DCUC figure. I noticed it was Cyborg and thought nothing of it, but then I looked at his hand, it wasn't the normal Cyborg, but the sonic armed one!!!!! :o I did a double take and then checked the back and compared it with the figure. Sure enough there in Target was the KB exclusive sonic armed Cyborg!!!!

Of course I tripped out just a bit. Someone must have gotten a few extra on clearance and returned them at full price at Target!!! And I assume that these 2 out of place toys were left "hidden" by a stasher only to be found by an employee!!!! Ha ha ha!!! Gotcha!! Now if only they got any extra Terry McGuiness Batman and returned them!!!

Anyone else find figures that don't belong where you got them???

Oh and on the way I stopped by my usual Target and finally found Classic Booster Gold, so I'm returning the variant!!! Yay!!! My Atom Smasher and wave 7 are complete!!

Hey I was in Walmart about 7 or 8 months ago and found and very beat up second release Yellow and Blue Tiger Striped Maskless Wolverine. I think he was re-released in series Seven Marvel Legends if I'm not mistaken. I had to rub my eyes in disbelief and I of course grabbed it before some other hunter saw it. I was like OMG!,....it must've been hidden someplace for years and an employee found it and put it back out. When I took it to the register of course it didn't ring up and I told the cashier it was 7.99 and she rang it up. I thought it was a cool and very weird find that day. :D

That's whole nother story!! I've seen plenty of very old stock suddenly appear on shelves!! Either it could be returns, or it could be hidden stash that the stasher never came back for!!! Either way, if it's something you need, then it's a good find!! Good find sniper!!

Oh and can't stand swappers!! People like us know what to look for and know what figures have been swapped, it's the general public that get screwed over!!!

Uhhh.....k. Things just got really weird. Yesterday, my Wal-Mart got this case:

Batman Beyond x2 (unmasked, different pose from KB's)

Cyborg x2 (sonic arm)

Flash

Kid Flash

Firestorm

Blue Beetle

2 other Wave 7 figs I can't recall...I was in too much shock to pay attention

Was this a scheduled thing? Has anyone else seen this?

WTF??? So the BB Beyond and Sonic Cyborg are now being sent to all stores now??? That would explain why I found my Cybor at Target the other day. If that's the case then, awesome!!! Mattel actually did us a solid!!! Now to find that Terry McGuiness Batman!!! I may have Despero complete soon enough!!!

Anyhow, I have yet to read anything about these being made available in stores other than just online!!! Jay C, could you look into this for us!!! Did Mr Impossible and I have the scoop on noteworth toy news??? Byline please!! :D

WTF??? So the BB Beyond and Sonic Cyborg are now being sent to all stores now??? That would explain why I found my Cybor at Target the other day. If that's the case then, awesome!!! Mattel actually did us a solid!!! Now to find that Terry McGuiness Batman!!! I may have Despero complete soon enough!!!

Anyhow, I have yet to read anything about these being made available in stores other than just online!!! Jay C, could you look into this for us!!! Did Mr Impossible and I have the scoop on noteworth toy news??? Byline please!! :D

I found a sonic arm cyborg this morning at a walmart in Austin. I'll have to look out for the maskless batman beyond!

It's very peculiar that exclusive figures for a thriving department store chain are scarce and exclusive figures for a defunct toy store chain are popping up at the same thriving department store chain.

Perhaps this is Mattel rectifying a mistake?

Hey that's an awesome find!! What you found my friend was a stashed figure!! Perhaps that store did get one or two boxes in somehow and were just bought up as quick as they arrived, well most of them!!! That's why it's so dusty!! Hell it may not have even reached the sales floor, but hidden by an ex employee???? Cool find though!! Hope you encounter more dusty figures!!

And today I saw 2 more Cyborgs, this time at Wal Mart!!! Come on Terry, looking for you kid!!!

hey Lady Jaye, I found a few figures on Friday at Wal-Mart. I picked up Ocean Warrior Aquaman, and Kid Flash, but also on the pegs where the unmasked Batman Beyond and KB Toys variant Cyborg. Seems that Wally world picked up the slack after KB went under.

Now can we get some wave 8 please!!!