Anyone getting a lil bit worried??

Lady Jaye

Well for the most part when Wal Mart got a case or two of DCUC, they would sell pretty fast, almost within days of getting a shipment! However the Atom Smasher wave and subsequent re-issues seem to be clogging the shelves now!! I'm hoping that the line isn't dying a quiet death already!!! There's still so many characters that I want to see!!!

I think they need to stop with the re-issues. If people don't get them when they come out, too bad!! Keep the product fresh and new. I know it sounds extreme, but I think with the concept of limited availability actually helps the line! If you don't get them now or you risk never owning them helps get these out the door!!! Also one case equals one complete character. If anyone get's a double, it's the headliner!! And of course that'll only work on just a select few! Their classic outfits, not costumes that people might not be familiar with or from a past storyline!!

Of course nothing can help Target and their everlasting wave 2 figures!!! Dear lord if I ever go into another Target and see a red/blue Supes it'll be too soon!!! I just hope that the new Target that's going to open later this year won't have wave 2, yet again!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This toyline and the way its manufactured is doomed to fail. You really can't secure licenses and pay for molds on 'fan support'. I believe it will become a Mattycollector exclusive line soon, like MOTU.

My two closest walmarts, which were great about carrying the toyline since wave six landed suddenly stopped ordering it. They had one Captain Cold left from their last case over a month ago. It was placed on the bottom at a random spot and the mods for DCUC were removed. My other Wal-Mart hasnt ordered anything after their first case of wave 7.

I have other walmarts who refused to carry it to begin with. I think this line is on the way out.

This is exactly what I'm trying to discuss in my "Matty Collector and the future of collecting" post. Despite the cries from Queenie that this line is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the evidence that is mounting is proving to be the opposite.

Keep telling me I'm full of s*** when I say Wal-Mart and Target don't control what goes on the shelves.

I never said the line was the greatest ever. only that the adult collector is a larger market than originaly thought. Any way Lady what i was wondering is why don't Mattel just recall all the old stock? I mean they'll recall a toyline anyother time (hint hint Dark Knight).

The only reason DCUC is starting to clog pegs is mattel is showing up to the party a day late and a dollar short! To say that there is falling interest in the line would be a major mistake! I know I want my wave8 so bad I can taste it. But like we all know retail outlets wont order more untill their old stock is depleted. In the past retail would'nt really care too much about taking a hit on their mark up and dumping it on clearance inorder to make way for new fresh waves. But with belts tighening all over America and its industries, retail is starting to wast less and less. Its like being forced to eat a nasty ass meatloaf simply because your family can't afford anything more tasty in this bad economey.

well Queen is'nt ready for welfare toy shopping just yet. So if Mattel wants to keep its slot on the sales floor they better step up too the plate and recall all that old product that was late as hell getting to the party.

Example!!!!: I have waited long enough for wave 8. So I'll be buying it off ebay. But 2 months from now if wave8 turns up all oer the place and starts to clog pegs.........well Mattel don't come to us adult collectors with your hat in your hand begging for another bail out. By then I will have had my wave 8 for months so dont get up set because you failed to act and do whats nessary to get your merch up, off, and running.

Mattel made its bed..........now lay in it!!

Yesturday when I was out our Wal-Mart still had 3 Capt. Cold's and 2 (Ronnie) Firestorm's but when I when to Target they had for the very first time wave 7b which they had only Blue Auqaman,Robin and Booster Gold. My Target hasn't had any new once in for the last month. So this was nice to see my Target is starting to get wave 7 in. So when is 8 coming cause I want Hawkgirl and I don't want to get her on E-Bay or on Internet. I want to try my luck and getting them in the store. Now with Riddler and Batman Beyond that is different cause at the time my Wal-Mart wasn't getting them in until wave 6 and there was no KB-Toys out here.

Every Target near me keeps restocking DCUC 2. Things like that might pose a problem.

Dose your Target have the reg. short hair Aquaman he is the only one I'm looking for in that series?

The market this line is aimed towards is moving on to other things, I think. Most people who continue collecting well into adulthood eventually start gravitating away from mass-market junk and buy things that are actually worth the money. I know I have, and most of my collecting friends have as well.

The market this line is aimed towards is moving on to other things, I think. Most people who continue collecting well into adulthood eventually start gravitating away from mass-market junk and buy things that are actually worth the money. I know I have, and most of my collecting friends have as well.

thats quite the baseless statement, seems to me the exact same people who have wanted them from the start are still wanting them now, just because you and your friends have graduated away from "mass market junk" doesn't mean the rest of us have sworn them off just yet :)

well thats one way of looking at it, ORRRRRR, the toy companies are just making crap instead of the good stuff.

thats quite the baseless statement, seems to me the exact same people who have wanted them from the start are still wanting them now, just because you and your friends have graduated away from "mass market junk" doesn't mean the rest of us have sworn them off just yet :)

i don't think DCUC is mass market junk.

Mr Yac said it best, it was the split cases and the rereleases of old figures that have made this line suffer recently. Wave 6 was a sellout everywhere, but the mishap of wave 7 became a huge blunder, especially considering Wave 7b was delayed. All the rerelease of Wave 2 has only hurt Target who ordered insane amounts during Christmas time. Poor management makes for poor business practices. Below is some suggestions:

Worlds Greatest Heroes needs to be scrapped. We already have these figs and even I won't buy another figure just for a different title and figure stand

No split cases, no one with good sense likes the idea, its terrible all together.

Reduce the amount of figures in a wave, scale it back down to 5 or 6. 7 with variants is too much, a complete set of figures including variants can cost 100 bucks, that is too much for a wave, what are they Hasblow or something? Plus I want all the figures with a BAF piece, not some silly figure stand.

None of you have touched on the fact that these toys are crap to begin with. Their articulation is petty...PETTY!!!! I love DC comics, I watch every cartoon/movie they come out with, I have shirts and undies from my favorite DC heroes, but these toys don't hold a candle to the awesome movement of Marvel toys and GI Joes. If they are geared toward Adult collectors as you say, then they should appeal to what the masses of us AC's are buying up, toys with awesome detail and mulitiple points of articulation. As far as I am concerned Mattel has never EVER come out with toys worth noting. They should stick to Barbie and toys kids like to bash together instead of messing up awesome characters and giving them articulation on par to toys from the 60's.

If Hasbro ever got ahold of DC and made them like they have Marvel and GI Joe, I might give birth through my armpit!!!! I would buy every single one I came across!! Why do you think people were going goo goo over the Microman Batman and Superman, because finally they can pose their favorite heroes the way they were supposed to be posed, in awesome POSES!!! Not like a damn Frankenstein.

I HATE MATTEL!!!!!!!!

HASBRO HELP DC PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!

Now ask anyone that has been here a while, and they know that I am a proponent of articulation, always have been. I was a kid of the eighties, and spoiled rotten by GI JOE. However, there is such a thing as too much articulation, and Marvel Legends proved it!! Not every character needs thirty points plus of articulation!! If the character can't stand on its own because of too much articulation, then it should be cut back. if the figure begins to warp because of too much articulaiton, then it needs to be scaled back! I love real articulation, and I think DCUC has a perfect balance of articulation and aesthetics, all they need to work on is the paint issues and the quality control.

And like I originally posted, they really need to get back to one case, one complete character. No more re-issues of older figures, make people have to buy the figures or else they miss out!!! I mean come on, look at all the Firestorms that are still out there for crying out loud!!!

None of you have touched on the fact that these toys are crap to begin with. Their articulation is petty...PETTY!!!! I love DC comics, I watch every cartoon/movie they come out with, I have shirts and undies from my favorite DC heroes, but these toys don't hold a candle to the awesome movement of Marvel toys and GI Joes. If they are geared toward Adult collectors as you say, then they should appeal to what the masses of us AC's are buying up, toys with awesome detail and mulitiple points of articulation. As far as I am concerned Mattel has never EVER come out with toys worth noting. They should stick to Barbie and toys kids like to bash together instead of messing up awesome characters and giving them articulation on par to toys from the 60's.

If Hasbro ever got ahold of DC and made them like they have Marvel and GI Joe, I might give birth through my armpit!!!! I would buy every single one I came across!! Why do you think people were going goo goo over the Microman Batman and Superman, because finally they can pose their favorite heroes the way they were supposed to be posed, in awesome POSES!!! Not like a damn Frankenstein.

I HATE MATTEL!!!!!!!!

There is nothing sincere about this post, it sounds like a Marvel Legends fans rant wrapped up in "i love DC" As for Hasbro, RAH is much better than the current 25th figs, and I won't even comment on there marvel line, heck even TF classics is in the toliet now, cheap plastics for figs that break apart.

Keep in mind this place represents maybe .00000001% of the collecting populace. I find that most people, if they're going to spend the money on collectibles nowadays, would rather spend it on something they'll display for years to come, rather than something they'll get bored of and toss into a drawer within 6 months.

Besides, the only company making good 7" scale DC figures now is DCD. Then again, I couldn't care less about most of the characters in the DCUC line...Killer Moth? Come on.

I think the problem comes down to distribution. In my area we have never seen wave 6,7 and 8 on the shelf. I know a lot of collectors in my area that are just plain frustrated with the line because we have not seen them on the shelves here. Of course, when you cant find something you want you will just stop collecting. I have resorted to buying them online because of this issue.

Chopz

I HATE MATTEL!!!!!!!!

Here we go with the articulation blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah it's not a good toy unless it has a zillion points of articulation. If that were the case then those original 8-inch Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers are the greatest toys of all time!

DCUC has an average 21 POA and Marvel has 85 even though some of them have so many points they can't even stand.

May I ask, have you ever owned a DCUC figure? Or did you just count the POA and say "This is crap!"

Good luck giving birth through your armpit. Apparently you need an anatomy lesson, among other things.

Keep in mind this place represents maybe .00000001% of the collecting populace. I find that most people, if they're going to spend the money on collectibles nowadays, would rather spend it on something they'll display for years to come, rather than something they'll get bored of and toss into a drawer within 6 months.

Besides, the only company making good 7" scale DC figures now is DCD. Then again, I couldn't care less about most of the characters in the DCUC line...Killer Moth? Come on.

Mr. Yac speaks for me! I wanted them from the start and I want them... wait I don't want them now. Stop pretending that every collector likes the same things as you.

Mattel has not just shot itself in the foot, it blew it off. But no one's-sorry I don't speak for everyone. You should pay attention to the comments about the retailers not stocking them. Every single store manager makes a decision on what to carry and what not to carry and those that do carry it throw in on a maximum of three pegs. Face facts people, there's better selling stuff in the action figure aisle.

I HATE MATTEL!!!!!!!!

Here we go with the articulation blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah it's not a good toy unless it has a zillion points of articulation. If that were the case then those original 8-inch Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers are the greatest toys of all time!

DCUC has an average 21 POA and Marvel has 85 even though some of them have so many points they can't even stand.

May I ask, have you ever owned a DCUC figure? Or did you just count the POA and say "This is crap!"

Good luck giving birth through your armpit. Apparently you need an anatomy lesson, among other things.

Armpit birth was a joke, you know what those are right?

ANYWHOOOO....

The MMPR line was awesome!!! How can you guys have a green arrow that can't even emulate the act of holding the bow and pulling back for the arrow?

1. I am not a fan of ML, I hate how big they are, I am strictly 3.75

2. When I speak of GI Joe I speak of RAH. 25th is too......brittle.

3. I looked at them, I was super excited to hear that DCUC was coming out, and when I noticed the T-crotch legs, that killed it for me.

4-5. I know all I need to know, don't go uber dork on me because we have conflicting views on toys, in the end we are all the same Toy Collectors!

6. I think I just realized that I have been arguing about the larger DC figures and not the 3.75 figures I am thinking about!

7. We are talking about 3.75 right?

8. If not sorry!! :-)

ALL I ASK FOR IS NO T-CROTCH! LOL

And seriously, none of you can sit here and tell me that if Revoltech (#1 in POA and quality IMO) got a hold of a DC license, that those figures wouldnt be SPECTACULAR!!!

I HATE MATTEL!!!!!!!!

Armpit birth was a joke, you know what those are right?

ANYWHOOOO....

The MMPR line was awesome!!! How can you guys have a green arrow that can't even emulate the act of holding the bow and pulling back for the arrow?

1. I am not a fan of ML, I hate how big they are, I am strictly 3.75

2. When I speak of GI Joe I speak of RAH. 25th is too......brittle.

3. I looked at them, I was super excited to hear that DCUC was coming out, and when I noticed the T-crotch legs, that killed it for me.

4-5. I know all I need to know, don't go uber dork on me because we have conflicting views on toys, in the end we are all the same Toy Collectors!

6. I think I just realized that I have been arguing about the larger DC figures and not the 3.75 figures I am thinking about!

7. We are talking about 3.75 right?

8. If not sorry!! :-)

ALL I ASK FOR IS NO T-CROTCH! LOL

And seriously, none of you can sit here and tell me that if Revoltech (#1 in POA and quality IMO) got a hold of a DC license, that those figures wouldnt be SPECTACULAR!!!

I like the DCUC "t-crotch". It looks more realistic to me. that and i got kind of tired of the over-articulated ball-joints on Marvel Legends that had a hard time standing on their own