imax

synch

Saw it again last night in Imax. It was an amazing experiance. The sound and soundtrack alone were awe-inspiring. Note that this movie was not intended or filmed in Imax so the scope is not comparable to an actual imax filmed movie, but I considered it well worth the money and so did everyone I saw it with.

Two downsides though...

1) In most theaters it will only be on the screen till Thursday

and

2) The "shakey-cam" style to the movie can sometimes be annoying on such a large screen, and sometimes the shear size of the frame distorts focus, but I do know some of this is intentional. NOTHING is done too much, but enough to be mentioned.

Overall I would say it was worth the viewing. This wasn't my first time seeing it, but after I walked out of the viewing it felt like I just saw a different movie. Nero's ship, The Narada, was amazingly detailed in this format, so much so that it didn't even compare to the DLP showing I'd seen previously.

Get out there and see it in IMAX before you regret it!

-edit-

one more thing. The shots of the Enterprise on the Imax screen were pure beauty. The images have been burned into my brain, so much so that I can almost still see it.

One thing you need to confirm is if the showing is in "true IMAX" or if it is a regular projection shown on a IMAX screen.

There is a difference and not all IMAX capable theatres are showing true projections.

http://www.cinemaclock.com/aw/ctha.aw/bri/...us_Langley.html

I think this is the closest imax tome ... I wish we had one here in chilliwack or even in abby such a long drive :S! how do I tell if its a "true" imax?.. Or should I just call and find out?.. would the person on the other even even know what I am talking about ?..

http://www.cinemaclock.com/aw/ctha.aw/bri/...us_Langley.html

I think this is the closest imax tome ... I wish we had one here in chilliwack or even in abby such a long drive :S! how do I tell if its a "true" imax?.. Or should I just call and find out?.. would the person on the other even even know what I am talking about ?..

The Colossus is a "long drive"???

Its straight down the Hwy1 from Chilliwack to 200th, about 30 minutes in light traffic. Its literally just off the highway.

Besides, Star Trek isn't listed as showing in IMAX at that location.

There's a article on Aintitcoolnews.com regarding IMAX--posted in the last week or so, where they discuss some of the things to check on for a "true IMAX" screening. That should give you the questions you need to ask.

heads up!

i read a report about how some IMAX theathers are really not that much bigger than reg screens and that you should knwo which screen your seeing it on. some actor/stand up comedian was pissed about it. it was on the yahoo front pages a couple of days ago. wish i had more info but i dont. look it up. maybe this isnt anything new. i dunno.