New Rise of Cobra Target Exclusive Packs on

HissCommander

Hasbro's not even trying anymore? srsly JVC Spytroops deluxe's? did the first time they didnt sell not give ya the right idea?

Claw + Avac looks decent, but I guess they don't wanna have to make ANY new molds unless its made by Tonka or the same molds for the 8th time.

So what do we have here.

Snake Eyes w/Arashikage motorcycle: Not too sure about the SE figure, but I like the paint scheme on the bike. It will be a good purchase for the cycle and the figure will probably end up as custom fodder.

Grand Slam w/Air Assault Glider: I like the colour scheme on Grand Slam, but it is a waste of a figure in my opinion. The Glider was always a bit too big and unwieldy for my tastes, but it may look good in a new colour.

Eel w/ Wave Crusher: I'm loving the colour scheme on the Eel. He'll end up as my Eel leader. The Wave Crusher looks good in that colour, but I would have liked to have seen it in the old Hydro Sled colours.

Air Viper Commando w/Cobra Claw: Huh? I'm not sure what the thinking was behind this colour scheme for the Air Viper Commando, but it doesn't look that great to me. I love the AVAC mold, so I'll get one. The CLAW looks pretty good in black, so now we have 3 different colour CLAWs. I don't like the neon green FANG missiles, but I will probably repaint them black for the white CLAW.

So overall I will probably pick up all 4.

thanks for the news. I really love that EEL reminds me of the jvc moray, which i always felt was the best design for a cobra aquatic troop. The rest are kinda so-so.

I wonder if that glider is retooled with a new style back peg?

Before people really start to slam these packs, exclusives are always, and most always have been, cheap repaints and repacks that require zero design and development budget, to allow the store to keep the price cheap, and maximize profits all around.

Just getting remolded pegs and ports is a pretty big deal with a set like this. Really all you can hope for are decent paint jobs, which it looks like these guys have. Grand Slam has the "1982-accurate" boot molds seen on Steeler and Zap, and Snake-Eyes has a camo pants that are, at least, interesting new combos. For me, the New Sculpt era vehicles were awful, but the pack-in mini-rig thingies were pretty cool. I'll buy a couple of Eels (yeah, as Squad Leaders) and the skiff/Jetski thing should work well with some Wave 8 Frogmen.

And while I don't dig on Snake-Eyes as a motorcycle guy, if I get that set for Snakes, the bike will likely go to my Kamakura custom, once I get around to painting him.

The Big Dawg digs Grand Slam.

If this Rise of Cobra stuff leaves the door open to possibly re-visit and re-work some of the more under-whelming figures of the past then I'm all for it. I probably will still buy very little ROC merchandise, but I'm open to anything that can be incorporated into my 25th Anniversary line-up.

Let's see a ROC Cutter!