Ok, be totally honest, who would buy MM Nuclear Man

Superpowers1980

To be perfectly honest, I'd sooner cut my dink off than buy a toy based on that character.

The WINNER of this year's award for overly dramatic, ridiculously exaggerated hyperbole!

Well, how would you phrase it, fella?

Well, rather than imply something completely absurd, like saying you'd rather cut off your genitals than buy this figure (which is, of course, untrue...Given a choice between buying this figure and cutting off your genitals, I'm pretty sure you'd buy the figure...), you could have said something like the following:

"No. I wouldn't buy this figure."

Simple, right??

Thank me very much!

#US1#

Hi Idiot.

Saying: " No, I wouldn't buy this figure."-might be fine for any catchpenny, dull, uninteresting person like yourself, but I'm not catchpenny, dull or uninteresting-and so I do not post that way. My comments are intended to be read by vibrant, interesting people, full of verve, life and good humour.

If you do not like the way I post, feel free to toggle on the ignore user function and bypass my comments, and return to your humourless, catchpenny, dull and uninteresting life.

You may now dry up and blow away.

And then you can thank ME very much.

...catchpenny...but I'm not catchpenny...return to your humourless, catchpenny, dull and uninteresting life.

I've never heard this phrase "catchpenny." Is it some sort of synonym for "dull?"

Regarding the original topic, I probably wouldn't buy an MM Nuclear Man. Right off the bat, I haven't bought ANY Movie Masters stuff. I usually gloss right over it. It all tends to bleed together for me with all that Batman movie stuff that doesn't seem to really move.

Could I be tempted with a DCUC Nuclear Man?

Well...maybe!

I hate to admit this but I think Nuclear Man could've been interesting. I like the design of the character. Everything else...his origin, his story, his personality...has to be thrown out the window ...along with that curious power of making his nails grow! Unfortunately Nuclear Man reeks of the stink bomb that was Superman IV so this whole idea is pie in the sky.

I would actually prefer a figure of the proto-Nuclear Man from the deleted sequences of Superman IV - at least then it would be easier to pretend it's a movie version of Bizarro. Otherwise, no.

To be perfectly honest, I'd sooner cut my dink off than buy a toy based on that character.

The WINNER of this year's award for overly dramatic, ridiculously exaggerated hyperbole!

Well, how would you phrase it, fella?

Well, rather than imply something completely absurd, like saying you'd rather cut off your genitals than buy this figure (which is, of course, untrue...Given a choice between buying this figure and cutting off your genitals, I'm pretty sure you'd buy the figure...), you could have said something like the following:

"No. I wouldn't buy this figure."

Simple, right??

Thank me very much!

#US1#

My comments are intended to be read by vibrant, interesting people, full of verve, life and good humour.

Ooh, I struck a nerve...

I had no idea you were Rhodes Scholar!! You don't often find them trolling toy message boards trying to convince themselves how smart they are...

Besides, I thought you were busy cutting your "dink" off...

@loll@

OK, ok, ok, ok, I know most if not everyone who frequents this site hates Superman IV the Quest for Peace....BUT, would and tell the honest truth, who would be happy to have and to purchase a Movie Masters Nuclear Man in scale with DCUC?

Again be honest, I say this because as much bashing that JLU figures get, they are extremely hot and seemingly growing in collectibility but I don't ever see or hear anyone taking credit for loving this line, now BACK TO NUCLEAR MAN

I don't care what anyone says, the costume is cool for 1987

nuclearman2_la5j.jpg

custom figure pic I found on google, I think it was submitted on Figure Realm

6028-1.jpg

OK, no claws, but how cool was it that Superman was fighting on the moon

supiv5.jpg

Say what you will about Superman IV but it was ambitious, I mean come on, the dude was about throw the Statue of Liberty onto the streets of New York...How bad ass was that???.............That is hella cool

nmstealsstatue.jpg

Ok, at last another cool custom

NUCLEARMAN.jpg

You keep saying "be honest" as if I would be tempted to lie or something:) I would buy Nuclear Man in a second and offer no apology!

And that Cobra Commander in your sig is awesome.

oh, I struck a nerve...

I had no idea you were Rhodes Scholar!! You don't often find them trolling toy message boards trying to convince themselves how smart they are...

guitar.gif

I'm not the one trolling toy forums, little boy.

Work at being more "interesting", eh?

I've never heard this phrase "catchpenny." Is it some sort of synonym for "dull?"

IIRC, it means something that is worthless.

oh, I struck a nerve...

guitar.gif

I'm not the one trolling toy forums, little boy.

Work at being more "interesting", eh?

IIRC, it means something that is worthless.

Hey, Pointy-Boy...

You asked a REALLY stupid question, and got your a** handed to you in a VERY public way.

Might wanna' quit while you're behind...

Now again...THANK me very much!

@loll@

You asked us to be honest, and also asked us to "divorce" our feelings about this character from the movie. I honestly can't do that. The movie is a train wreck, in my opinion. And, since it's the only place that the character ever appeared, if there were a figure made, it would only be because of the movie. I do not love the character, I do not love the movie.

If they made a figure, though (which I am 100% sure they won't!), would I buy it? Probably, after it was clearanced down to 99 cents (shades of Jor-El). I would buy it and throw it in a box to gather dust...that way I could say I had a complete collection.

IF the character had ever actually had a line instead of grunting...

IF the character had been introduced into the comic books (like Harley Quinn and Renee Montoya were)...

IF the actor had become a big star after the movie...

then MAYBE that character would be better remembered than he is today.

I would buy it, because I'm a sick, obsessive collector. I still would not love the character or the figure no matter how great he looked.

I would not buy it Sam I Am.

I would not buy that Nuclear Man

I would not buy that junk heap

I would not buy it if it were cheap

I would not buy it thru the mail

I would not buy it on sale

I would not buy it in the store

I would not buy it for decor

I would not buy it in a jam

I would not buy that Nuclear Man

I watched Superman IV in light of this thread and of my constant defense of the movie, the balance is heavily favored in the non-Nuclear Man category. With that and the constant bashing, can someone tell why and how Superman IV is such a bad movie. I watched it again and aside from the sometimes cheesy effects, what is so terrible about the movie?

Of couse Chris and Gene are always on point, they created a decent villain that can stand up to Superman and who actually kicked his butt and people complain. Of course every movie has it flaws but I see no real reason why this was such a bad movie.

People complain that there is no Superman movie where he fights on a big scale and aside from Superman II and including Superman Returns, this is it, a credible and dangerous threat.