who is your favorite Batman artist?

batfan08

There a lot of artist that I like, but when I think of Batman Jim Aparo and Norm Breyfogle spring to mind. Norm's Batman was just cool looking and I loved the way he drew himand Batman world. Aparo on the other hand, it took me a long time for his work to grow on me and now I truly love what he brought to him. he Batman was clean and , like Norm Breyfogle, I don't think you could ever confuse his Batman for someone else's. Neal's an obvious choice as is Jim Lee. I think there are a lot of artist whose work have been under appreciated; Mike Manley, Barry Kitson, John Byrne, Alan Davis, Howard Porter. I could go on and on.

Don't read too many batbooks these days only one that comes to mind that I know is jim lee:D I just read batman RIP most of the art in there is ok

There a lot of artist that I like, but when I think of Batman Jim Aparo and Norm Breyfogle spring to mind. Norm's Batman was just cool looking and I loved the way he drew himand Batman world. Aparo on the other hand, it took me a long time for his work to grow on me and now I truly love what he brought to him. he Batman was clean and , like Norm Breyfogle, I don't think you could ever confuse his Batman for someone else's. Neal's an obvious choice as is Jim Lee. I think there are a lot of artist whose work have been under appreciated; Mike Manley, Barry Kitson, John Byrne, Alan Davis, Howard Porter. I could go on and on.

Breyfogle and Aparo were the artists working on Detective and Batman when I started collecting, so those are the styles I associate with Batman.

And Neal Adams' version pretty much defined the character for the last 40 years. Before he turned him back into the Dark Knight, we had the Dick Sprang style for most of the 50's and 60's. Then Adams got a hold of him and he's been that way ever since.

Jim Aparo is number 1 in my book.

Jim Lee is probably my favorite comic book artist in general, but surprisingly I like his Batman least of all out of all he's done (I think it's the short bat-ears @hmmm@ ).

I 1000% totally agree.. there never was or ever will be a better artist of BATMAN, than Neal Adams :(

R.I.P

Neal Adams isn't dead.

you are totally correct.. its Jim Aparo thats gone.. :( I sometimes get the 2 confused ( dont shoot me).