The Death Star vs The Enterprise

Wheeljack35

Ahh it was all in good fun. I know alot of the 501st like startrek, this was just a goofy little bit of poking fun. Heck im sure any sci-fi fan wants this movie to succeed. Lets face it the last few Trek movies were lacking(not that the last few star wars were perfect). But Trek needed to hit one out of the ballpark, the franchise was just stale. I think this movie restored alot of faith in hollywood that trek can make it big at the box office.

star wars fans are just jealous that star trek movie's making alot of money. and believe me today a friend told me she couldnt see it cause it was SOLD OUT. looks like trek is finally out of starwars shadow and making a come back.

For the record I am a Star Trek and a Star Wars fan. The latest Star Trek was awesome. I'd love to see it again. Now, back to reality:

WOW! Star Trek sold out IN ONE THEATER! Good golly miss molly! What's your point?

Let's do some math:

The total worldwide gross of 11 Star Trek films (so far): $1,303,548,957

The total worldwide gross of 7 Star Wars films: $4,279,876,866

Now how was Star Trek in Star Wars shadow? THEY CAME FIRST! They had their shot and were surpassed by a better product.

Take one of those extra billion and get a clue.

Star Trek was first

It debut in 1966 my birth year

Don't compare box offices he wasn't trying to start a fight

He was speaking the truth about Trek making money..I'm not defending his take on the fans being jealous

Star Wars will never make any more movie money because Lucas now has it on TV

Yeah, we got to watch on the 501st boards their progress with this.

It is pretty well done too.

Ahh it was all in good fun. I know alot of the 501st like startrek, this was just a goofy little bit of poking fun. Heck im sure any sci-fi fan wants this movie to succeed. Lets face it the last few Trek movies were lacking(not that the last few star wars were perfect). But Trek needed to hit one out of the ballpark, the franchise was just stale. I think this movie restored alot of faith in hollywood that trek can make it big at the box office.

I am happy to see the new one doing as well as it is. It gives the franchise some hope for successful future movies.

Don't compare box offices

Why not, the BO revenue is a good point to bring up.

And that was made by members of the 501st legion from Cali.

I am also a fan of both series.

Star Trek = Science fiction

Star Wars = Science Fantasy

Just thought I would bring that point up.

And who knows, maybe one day uncle George may crank out another movie..

Never say never.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Bishop. Never say never. Main reason is that there was a Star wars Movie released last year. Clone wars anyone? that was a Star wars Movie released in the Theater.

I think the video was fun and I loved it at the end where the two troopers bump fists but you do have to admit it was a little one sided. lol but like i said, its all in fun.

I am a Sci-fi fan. I like everything from Star gate,trek wars, you get the picture. I am sure there has been more silly movies on everything and will be more.