DC Films vs Marvel Films

RockthePlank

Dude i liked affleck as DD. But i liked DD and loved the directors cut of DD And if you pause the bar part where the chick is danceing you can see a boob. ;)

brother....you must not like DD comics?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude i liked affleck as DD. But i liked DD and loved the directors cut of DD And if you pause the bar part where the chick is danceing you can see a boob. ;)

brother....you must not like DD comics?

No i haven't been into comics persay in years. I walked away from comics when spwan went off the charts with hard to follow stories and then they took away wolverines adamantium and the other flops that went on the the mid 90's witth comics.

For me with the movies like DD i focus on the essance for the story and charecter from what i know or remember. Like with wolverine even though jackman is taller the essance of how i always saw wolvie is there. And i understand that the movies have to be different in some ways than the comics.

Which i hope that makes sence. I just try to be more open minded about the universe of comics and movies.

something like that happened to me nonameshmo30, The Clone saga made me almost quit on comics back in the 90's not even the ONSLAUGHT/HEROES REBORN plot could keep me on comics, but only until Marvel Civil War and DC Identity Crisis when i returned to read comics that offered to me more realistic and epic plots, the comics i liked matured/grew up.

The comic based movies back then were really GOOFY (BARMAN & DROGUIN?), until BLADE with WESLEY SNIPES broke that mold and HOLLYWOOD figured out a new world to exploit on the Silver Screen.

Daredevil's movie was a good attempt to showcase Matt Murdock's story, but failed with the likeness of the comic characters, it wasn't about acting, it was the comic fans appeal that we needed.

Bennifer was OK as DD, sort of, but all the other costumes and cast were OUT! (was that nut BULLSEYE?, WTF!), maybe Jen Gardner was hot as ELEKTRA, but it was too much history to be told in 1hr and 30mins. I haven't seen the Director's cut, but i will try it someday, 'cause i liked the movie anyway.

Just like what happened with the Punisher's film, the 1st movie (Thomas Jane) was OK, but it demanded MUCH MORE from the PUNISHER's fans; The new PUNISHER: WAR JOURNAL movie is IMO, a very close movie to what CASTLE does in the comics, only that it exaggerates in some scenes. but for me it was a better PUNISHER.

DD needs a new approach in the movies, maybe this time Hollywood could make the Incredible HULK's formula this time.

something like that happened to me nonameshmo30, The Clone saga made me almost quit on comics back in the 90's not even the ONSLAUGHT/HEROES REBORN plot could keep me on comics, but only until Marvel Civil War and DC Identity Crisis when i returned to read comics that offered to me more realistic and epic plots, the comics i liked matured/grew up.

The comic based movies back then were really GOOFY (BARMAN & DROGUIN?), until BLADE with WESLEY SNIPES broke that mold and HOLLYWOOD figured out a new world to exploit on the Silver Screen.

Daredevil's movie was a good attempt to showcase Matt Murdock's story, but failed with the likeness of the comic characters, it wasn't about acting, it was the comic fans appeal that we needed.

Bennifer was OK as DD, sort of, but all the other costumes and cast were OUT! (was that nut BULLSEYE?, WTF!), maybe Jen Gardner was hot as ELEKTRA, but it was too much history to be told in 1hr and 30mins. I haven't seen the Director's cut, but i will try it someday, 'cause i liked the movie anyway.

Just like what happened with the Punisher's film, the 1st movie (Thomas Jane) was OK, but it demanded MUCH MORE from the PUNISHER's fans; The new PUNISHER: WAR JOURNAL movie is IMO, a very close movie to what CASTLE does in the comics, only that it exaggerates in some scenes. but for me it was a better PUNISHER.

DD needs a new approach in the movies, maybe this time Hollywood could make the Incredible HULK's formula this time.

not being a nit pic, but....its punisher war zone, and thomas jane's movie was the 2nd. im just point it out before some clown insults you, and bases an arguement around it.

I liked TJ as Punisher,that one was way better than War Zone.

I liked

X-men 1 and 2

BB

TDK

Constantine

Superman 1 and 2

Spiderman 1 and 2

TJ Punisher.

Norton Hulk

Being a superman fan since I was 2,I can't bring myself to say SR was a good film,some parts where ok but over all it was very disappointing. For one Stop with Lex already,All 5 movies. NM doesn't count. I want brainiac,or do a 3 parter with Doomsday,the death and return of Superman. HEll even Bizarro.

not being a nit pic, but....its punisher war zone, and thomas jane's movie was the 2nd. im just point it out before some clown insults you, and bases an arguement around it.

It's okay pal, thank u for the corrected info, sometimes when your time is short to write a few lines in a forum, you oftenly can make mistakes of thinking and typing. Thanks pooda.

We're discussing about live-action movies only? or can we make some statements about animated features?

i HAVE ALWAYS thought they have always been a HELL of a BETTER movies than many which have been shown at the movies, WDUThink?

It's okay pal, thank u for the corrected info, sometimes when your time is short to write a few lines in a forum, you oftenly can make mistakes of thinking and typing. Thanks pooda.

We're discussing about live-action movies only? or can we make some statements about animated features?

i HAVE ALWAYS thought they have always been a HELL of a BETTER movies than many which have been shown at the movies, WDUThink?

I love Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. I've fallen asleep watching that DVD many times (and since it auto-restarts, I've woken up many times to the same thing) Great animation, great work.

In fact, if we're speaking of GOOD/EXCELLENT/FLAWLESS live action movies, DC only has 2: BATMAN BEGINS and BATMAN: TDK.

perial.

I really, REALLY, hope that WB/DC surprises us all with GREEN LANTERN. really hope so. the DC stable is UNIVERSAL, and in someways BETTER than MARVEL.

As for MARVEL films, well, i hope they stop selling the rights for their characters someday, and maybe BUILD UP

MARVEL dominates DC.

I will never agree to that because to me Marvel is inferior to DC

MARVEL has two aces down its sleeve (IRON MAN & HULK) and the future promises 4 more aces (IRONMAN2, THOR, CAP and the AVENGERS) as far as they have let us know.

Meanwhile DC only has one (BATMAN) with one more ace down the line (GL), sorry but as long as DC doesn't consolidates its universe ON THE MOVIES, MARVEL profits on that matter will last for a long time.

If DC could somehow create/develop a SUPERMAN movie that doesn't fall as a Sunday Matinee movie, then we could do some talking.

I personally would like to see a DC TRINITY movie (BATMAN, SUPES, and WW), that could be a start for DC. Just remember what PAUL DINI made with DC in the TV, and how far it got, from BATMAN:TAS through JLU. all of them EXCELLENT DC MATERIAL, far, FAR superior to what MARVEL ahs done in TV.

Just hope that DC someday make FIRESTORM return to either TV or even the movies, he's along with HAWKMAN as my favorite DC characters, EVER!

MARVEL dominates DC.

I will never agree to that because to me Marvel is inferior to DC

MARVEL has two aces down its sleeve (IRON MAN & HULK) and the future promises 4 more aces (IRONMAN2, THOR, CAP and the AVENGERS) as far as they have let us know.

Meanwhile DC only has one (BATMAN) with one more ace down the line (GL), sorry but as long as DC doesn't consolidates its universe ON THE MOVIES, MARVEL profits on that matter will last for a long time.

If DC could somehow create/develop a SUPERMAN movie that doesn't fall as a Sunday Matinee movie, then we could do some talking.

I personally would like to see a DC TRINITY movie (BATMAN, SUPES, and WW), that could be a start for DC. Just remember what PAUL DINI made with DC in the TV, and how far it got, from BATMAN:TAS through JLU. all of them EXCELLENT DC MATERIAL, far, FAR superior to what MARVEL ahs done in TV.

Just hope that DC someday make FIRESTORM return to either TV or even the movies, he's along with HAWKMAN as my favorite DC characters, EVER!

Assuming you are talking about The Incredible Hulk (and not that POS Hulk movie) you are wrong to call it an Ace. It's a Jack of Diamonds at best - Good, not great. Marvel's "aces" thus far are the first two Spiderman movies and Iron Man.

DC has Superman, Superman 2, Batman Begins, and TDK as it's great films.

It's funny, with WB releasing all DC movies, you would think that the ability to tie them together would be greater than Marvel. Now that Marvel has its own film company, I expect the movies to tie in perfectly and blend oh so well!! I mean come on, who didn't geek out when Tony Stark walked into that bar, I know I did!!! While I do wish it was the regular Marvel U Nick Fury, I did like Samuel Jackson appearing in Iron Man and the Avenger's Initiative!!!

And with the comment on Superman and how it was a Saturday afternoon serial, that pretty much summed up the Star Trek films after First Contact!! There was no real suspense or sense of danger!! They were more like 2 part episodes than a movie!!!

Daredevil was ok, but they didn't captured the dark feel and dark setting of the comic books. I liked it specially the director's cut but I'm biased because I'm a huge Daredevil fan, the same way I enjoyed the 90s Captain America movie but that's just me. I agree with a lot of people that marvel has one up over DC because of its own studio. They're releasing the single hero movies before the Avengers so they're already established in their own movies and people know who each hero is when they get to avengers. DC, last I read was planning on releasing a JLA movie without releasing a Wonder Woman and Flash movie, also they had no word if Christian Bale or Brandon Routh were cast so it will be pretty strange to see other actors in those roles. That's my 2 cents.

P.S. the reason Mark Steven Johnson casted Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin is because

he couldn't find any tall strong white guys who could act. I don't agree with it but I understand it.

It's funny, with WB releasing all DC movies, you would think that the ability to tie them together would be greater than Marvel. Now that Marvel has its own film company, I expect the movies to tie in perfectly and blend oh so well!! I mean come on, who didn't geek out when Tony Stark walked into that bar, I know I did!!! While I do wish it was the regular Marvel U Nick Fury, I did like Samuel Jackson appearing in Iron Man and the Avenger's Initiative!!!

If Marvel can pull it off over time, the gimmick of crossing-over can make their films stand-apart and worth looking forward too.

It something that has seldom been seen in movies, and given the genre can be a big hook for what Marvel plans to field.

P.S. the reason Mark Steven Johnson casted Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin is because

he couldn't find any tall strong white guys who could act. I don't agree with it but I understand it.

Me neither. MCD is good, but that's a dumb reason considering special effects...

720807-blob_wraith_super.png