the manufacturer that we will not be receiving any additional

shipments of

Batman: The Dark Knight Movie Masters Wave 5 Case, (Item MTP6167A),

because they have discontinued production of this item at this point

in

time. The item has been removed from your order

For JLU, I gave up when I had a box full of extra Batman and Superman

figures from 3 packs, around like 15 or 20 a piece, to get "new" kit

bashed, warped figure with next to no articulation.

For DCUC, you basically can't even buy them in a store, and if you

order them online you don't know if they'll have the right limbs or

be painted by a kindergarten class.

Movie Masters actually seemed a fairly high quality wave, besides the

poor distribution, huge gaps between waves, and obnoxious chase

figures. If they canceled Two-Face, I think this will help me drop

DCUC and all of their products.

I think Mattel pretty much killed the Movie Masters. That recall last year before the movie hit was absolutely devastating, and the over-ordering of figures after the recall pretty much did them in when they didn't offer any new figures. Because of that, I'm sure retailers didn't want any more, even if they were new.

I'm not one that rags on Mattel for no reason, but I blame them for the Movie Masters screwup. That's a line that had endless potential, and they snuffed it all out.

With as expensive as companies tell us molds are, I wouldn't be surprised to see these appear (at least Joker and Two-Face) in future DCUC waves or as Mattycollector exclusives since the figures are basically more realistic DCUC figures.

The Movie Masterpiece idea is afantastic idea, but there just really aren't enough recognizable movie characters to keep this an ongoing mass market line. 1 figure every month or two or mixed into DCUC waves definitely seems to be the way to go.

I really wish someone like NECA or DC Direct had acquired the Dark Knight license so that we could have at least gotten a Two-Face in a Dark knight line and in a similar scale. Honestly, not releasing Two-Face was just an unforgivable mistake for this line.

Mattel really mismanaged the Movie Masters line. I own all the figures in this line minus the variants and loved them for what they were, but the line needed more variety. Only 5 figures(+2 variants) and 1 vehicle released in a year, and stores just kept filling the pegs with more of the same.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! i really want two face and the others, btw what you said about the paint job with ordering online is so true, my green lanterns body is the body the used for the two pack and its a off looking with the arms

I am sorry for your bad figure, but my extra is a carded body with black shoulders.

This is truly bad news, as I wanted the bank job Joker.

These movie lines-good or not-get shoved down our throats and need to be given in moderation. There are rows of MM and generic Dark Knight figures just sitting around in stores all over my area. The movie's nearly a year old, this shouldn't be happening.

I knew this crap would happen if this is true. I know alot of you remember me saying this was one of my fears. From way back when they said they wouldn't be releseing any new ones untill spring.

And i hope to god they don't become a matty.com item. They will sell them for like 20 to 25 bucks plus shipping will push it to around 32 bucks.

Man that sucks if they canned this line.I really wanted those differnt jokers.I wonder what is going on with Mattel not wanting to relese them.

Ah crapella! :angry:

I just completed the line with the variants and chase already! :o

I was so looking forward for a Superman Movie Masters. Maybe if and when the next movie comes out, they'll re-release 'em again! :D

Here's hoping! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing the sites that are showing these figures as being canceled, I decided to call Mattel. The lady told me that the line has NOT been canceled and that the new wave should be showing up in June or July. I just hope we'll all be able to find them.

After seeing the sites that are showing these figures as being canceled, I decided to call Mattel. The lady told me that the line has NOT been canceled and that the new wave should be showing up in June or July. I just hope we'll all be able to find them.

I think in most locations there's a whole lot of dead stock that will have to be moved somehow before these ever hit shelves, if in fact they are still coming out.

I think in most locations there's a whole lot of dead stock that will have to be moved somehow before these ever hit shelves, if in fact they are still coming out.

And i supose Mattel wants us to be good sports and buy up all that old stock too, right. @hmmm@