New "MOC" 2009 SDCC Destro Images

HissCommander

Who the hell is that other guy? An ancestor? WTF?

The pics also highlight something I noticed with the other figures. What's with the funky looking guns? Back in RAH, they could do realistic looking weapons. I'm not sure why they had to stop, but this movie is based in reality and uses "real" gear so why are the weapons so overly sci-fi?

:o Wooooooooow!

They made Destro the HEADMAN?

I have to get that.

The pics also highlight something I noticed with the other figures. What's with the funky looking guns? Back in RAH, they could do realistic looking weapons. I'm not sure why they had to stop, but this movie is based in reality and uses "real" gear so why are the weapons so overly sci-fi?

The other guy is "The First Destro." Or more accurately the one that first earned the metal mask for his double-dealing.

The funky looking guns are because the movie takes place in "the future."

The other guy is "The First Destro." Or more accurately the one that first earned the metal mask for his double-dealing.

The funky looking guns are because the movie takes place in "the future."

I know all that. That was a bit of sarcasm. Why the hell would they make an action figure of the first Destro? Is the convention story set about time travel or something? The Montezuma skeleton in the DVD pack may have been a waste of space, but at least it was minimally useful. What good is an action figure of a guy that lived 400 years ago?

Why the hell would they make an action figure of the first Destro? . What good is an action figure of a guy that lived 400 years ago?

from what i can gather the joe movie starts off showing the first destro earning his mask. whats the point of making any figure? Whats the point of making a figure of a guy 10 years in the future? lol

I know all that. That was a bit of sarcasm. Why the hell would they make an action figure of the first Destro? Is the convention story set about time travel or something? The Montezuma skeleton in the DVD pack may have been a waste of space, but at least it was minimally useful. What good is an action figure of a guy that lived 400 years ago?

It's all done specifically to piss you off, clearly.

Or maybe just because it's an exclusive and not a mass-market release (that we know of yet). Beyond that, it's a freaking toy. Clearly several people think the figure looks pretty damn cool (myself included), so whether he lived "400 years ago" or not is irrelevant.

It's a little nod to the Destro family history that's a cool little niche product for an exclusive.

This is a ridiculous looking Destro regardless and what I knew all along would suck about this movies presentation of him. The Headman with a silver mask on isn't quite what I would have liked to seen as a live action version of DESTRO. I didn't like the choice of actor they have playing Destro from the moment it was revealed who it would be, same with most of the characters in this movie. Dennis Quaid is the only exception.

The Joes can run around in super hero accelerator suits "no problem" but the idea of making DESTRO look like he does in the cartoons and comic books wouldn't have worked for a live action movie, so they made him a mix of Crimson Twins in their executive suits and the Headman in pimpin' pinstripes with a silver halloween mask to strap on? At least that's the appearance of it thus far, and thus far...I think it stinks. ^_^

I saw the Full Trailer and I have to admit, I was impressed. I also like the Fact that the city getting hammered by bad guys was no longer New York LOL.

I think Destro will be fine, I was however hoping to see him in the IG suit.

badass lovin the set more and more

I think Destro will be fine, I was however hoping to see him in the IG suit.

There's a chance that we may just very well see him in something like that? Probably towards the very end of the film, but this kind of story could have started out fast, furious and in the THICK of the plot, without all the "how they got here" build up and I don't think non-informed masses of movie-goers need all that build up either.

Look at movies like Underworld or even Blade and how the first films set the plot fairly quickly and jumped right in feet first, and only in it's popularity did it warrant a bit more detail and in depth background to be shown in it's sequels.

Look at the boring amount of time the first Punsiher movie wasted in leading us up to why the main character became the Punisher, yet I just watched Punisher War Zone, and had I not seen the first attmept at it, this movie would have shown ALL I needed to know about Frank Castle pre-Punisher days. A stop at the gravesite, brief montage of their deaths, a cop or two discussiong with each other the evnts and VIOLA' I'm all caught up, now go kill some bad guys Frank. ^_^

The two main baddies of COBRA, Destro and Cobra Commander, are being played by two real duds, and I'm just amazed at the casting of them to do these roles. It's bad enough that they're bringing to life these two awesome characters without even resembling them to acceptable toleration, but they make lousy looking action figures to boot. ;)

This is a ridiculous looking Destro regardless and what I knew all along would suck about this movies presentation of him. The Headman with a silver mask on isn't quite what I would have liked to seen as a live action version of DESTRO. I didn't like the choice of actor they have playing Destro from the moment it was revealed who it would be, same with most of the characters in this movie. Dennis Quaid is the only exception.

The Joes can run around in super hero accelerator suits "no problem" but the idea of making DESTRO look like he does in the cartoons and comic books wouldn't have worked for a live action movie, so they made him a mix of Crimson Twins in their executive suits and the Headman in pimpin' pinstripes with a silver halloween mask to strap on? At least that's the appearance of it thus far, and thus far...I think it stinks. ^_^

Uh...you -have- seen the Destro that's coming single-carded in the movie line, correct? The one that has a distinctly more "militant" look to it?

Aside from that, all I have to say is this:

ZOMG A BUSINESSMAN IS WEARING A SUIT. OH THE HUMANITY! DAMN YOU HASBRO!

Give me a goddamn break. Destro wore a suit plenty of times in Hama's run. If he were wearing a dead ringer for one of those suits you'd probably be changing your undies right now.

Uh...you -have- seen the Destro that's coming single-carded in the movie line, correct? The one that has a distinctly more "militant" look to it?

Give me a goddamn break. Destro wore a suit plenty of times in Hama's run. If he were wearing a dead ringer for one of those suits you'd probably be changing your undies right now.

Gee..such outrage and vulgarity? @haha@

Hasbro didn't design the concept for the movie Destro, a Hollywood producer did. They just produced the toy to match, so my contention is STILL with what these producers have decided to do with the look of these characters, I've followed and been a fan of for so long. No I don't OWN the copyrights or the privilege to control any aspect of this property, but what I DO own, is my opinion on it and to express what I think about what THEY decide to do with it, and so far, that's all I've ever expressed and shared on these forums. You have no more knowledge of what we'll SEE in this movie than I do, so while it appears as though the majority of it, will have him parading around in a business suit unmasked and yes, eventually in a "more militant" look by movies end, that hardly changes my opinion on the actor, the look he brings to the character and the TOY they're making of him as that character. With ALL the pre released info and images upon which to form such an opinion, I can say I'm not pleased or impressed.

So what?

Now whose "undies" are really in a danger of getting soiled and twisted up here? You never fail to jump at an opportunity to attack someone on their opinions based solely on emotion and personal preference, especially if it offends the Hasbro gods? Get a grip man.

jmacq1.jpg

It's all done specifically to piss you off, clearly.

Or maybe just because it's an exclusive and not a mass-market release (that we know of yet). Beyond that, it's a freaking toy. Clearly several people think the figure looks pretty damn cool (myself included), so whether he lived "400 years ago" or not is irrelevant.

It's a little nod to the Destro family history that's a cool little niche product for an exclusive.

Clearly piss me off? @?@

It just seems like a weird exclusive, especially since it looks like a lot of new parts for limited "one off" figure. I actually LIKE the figure and think it looks quite nice.

And, to be honest, its one of the BEST exclusives ever. I'm not saying that as a form of sarcasm or anything. I'm saying that because of its unique nature.

Now whose "undies" are really in a danger of getting soiled and twisted up here? You never fail to jump at an opportunity to attack someone on their opinions based solely on emotion and personal preference, especially if it offends the Hasbro gods? Get a grip man.

And you never fail at an opportunity to Straw Man anyone who disagrees with you into "Hasbro shills" instead of, y'know, people that just happen to disagree with you or might (god forbid) actually like the things they're defending. Oh, and you never fail to try to vomit up a "clever" little insulting photoshop picture to go along with it.

Seriously. You need a new shtick. The whole "Oh my god he disagrees with me and therefore he's against people having opinions!" bit is getting old. Nevermind that it's a hypocritical stance given that you're arguing just as vehemently to try to "squelch" any opposition to YOUR viewpoints, you're just doing it by trying to play the "victim" card.

It won't be a problem any more though (for me, anyhow).

Gee..such outrage and vulgarity? @haha@

Hasbro didn't design the concept for the movie Destro, a Hollywood producer did. They just produced the toy to match, so my contention is STILL with what these producers have decided to do with the look of these characters, I've followed and been a fan of for so long. No I don't OWN the copyrights or the privilege to control any aspect of this property, but what I DO own, is my opinion on it and to express what I think about what THEY decide to do with it, and so far, that's all I've ever expressed and shared on these forums. You have no more knowledge of what we'll SEE in this movie than I do, so while it appears as though the majority of it, will have him parading around in a business suit unmasked and yes, eventually in a "more militant" look by movies end, that hardly changes my opinion on the actor, the look he brings to the character and the TOY they're making of him as that character. With ALL the pre released info and images upon which to form such an opinion, I can say I'm not pleased or impressed.

So what?

jmacq1.jpg

LOL dam VH now my undies are in danger!

TM

And you never fail at an opportunity to Straw Man anyone who disagrees with you into "Hasbro shills" instead of, y'know, people that just happen to disagree with you or might (god forbid) actually like the things they're defending. Oh, and you never fail to try to vomit up a "clever" little insulting photoshop picture to go along with it.

Seriously. You need a new shtick. The whole "Oh my god he disagrees with me and therefore he's against people having opinions!" bit is getting old. Nevermind that it's a hypocritical stance given that you're arguing just as vehemently to try to "squelch" any opposition to YOUR viewpoints, you're just doing it by trying to play the "victim" card.

It won't be a problem any more though (for me, anyhow).

Maybe you just don't like those that fight back after you POUNCE?

You take personal pride in correcting everyone of their silly misinformed opinions and delight in shedding some logic on their emotionally charged outbursts and unwarranted complaints, yet get all indignant when somebody puts up a little resistance to your attack?

You find where I've jumped all over somebody for liking something I don't or disliking something I do? That's YOUR "shtick"..not mine. Calling out people (like yourself) on their rude, unnecessary, uncalled for, and snarky comments against others around here just for their disagreeable comments on toys (and their makers) is hardly me being hypocritical. I don't ever claim that my "VIEWPOINT" is exactly how it is, or should be so for anyone else. YOU however, take it personal and then quickly (and more often than not) pounce to take issue with the critic personally. I like the members here and would prefer to get along and enjoy their company. 9 times out of 10, you only ever pipe up to insult a fellow member, dissect their illogical opinion on a toy or something and that ingratiates you with exactly WHO..?? Some TOY company that might be reading your sarcastic defense of them?

:rolleyes:

rodney-king.jpg

@loll@

I knew I liked you for a reason HC!

You have a sense of humor! ^_^