I'm batman!

synch

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

So yeah I decided to actually open a figure today & look what happens!! am I able to contact matel somehow and get my cash back at least or what?! All I did was lift the leg up and it broke . The one on the other side moves about just fine :S

• Like 1

You can try sending them an e-mail, since you have pictoral proof. Or you can just call. Either way, I think their response will be 'send us the fig and we'll get you a voucher for a new one.' If they're like Hasbro, anyway. I don't think they'd send a replacement, maaaaaybe a refund, but most likely they would rather keep the money already banked and send a coupon. Or they might just tell you to return it to the store you bought it at. In which case, it pays to keep receipts, as sometimes you can use them without returning the same figure.

If that's the case (they tell you to return it), I would hold onto it until you buy another DCUC, and then use that rec't to return the 'defective' BB.

I'm so sad ... I mean ... its batman! I was looking forward to playing with him a bit :S So Iguess I can to to mattys site for the email eh... I guess I will give that shot... As for returning to the store ... well I could do that I suppose if I shipped it back to my friend but also I duno how long ago he brought it for me the return date could be expired?:S

• Like 1

There should be a nunber on the bottem of the box call it theres info they need off the box and the person should do one of 2 things either see if there replacement parts meaning another figure or they will send you a voucher. They will ask for a copy of the receipt if you can't fax it the they will only send you the shelf price befor tax like if it was 12 68 thats what you would get back. And not the tax up also paid.

I just went through this on an orion lightray 2 pack i got

the company will give you a voucher for the cash. you can use it ANYWHERE that sells mattel products.
whoa, its like buy one get one free, with the exception of one being broken
No, you have to mail them the broken one. It's the worst policy ever. You won't have a broken toy, but you risk not having it at all. They shouldn't break (or have wrong-orientation limbs) in the first place.

"No, you have to mail them the broken one. It's the worst policy ever."

no you don't...at least i never have...i've had to do this a couple of times and every time they've just asked me to fax the receipt and sent me a coupon...when my cassie batgirl was messed up i returned her to kmart and got another cassie batgirl then used my coupon for something else (when my brainiac and corps sinestro broke out of the package i just glued to parts back on and used to coupons for something else...but then i never saw either of those figures a second time)

compare with DCD where the times i've had toys break out of the package they told me it was the comic book store's responsibility and the store told it was DCD's responsibility...which is why to this day my jack knight starman can only move one arm

mattel's had some bad QC but their customer service has always been topnotch

I'm so sad ... I mean ... its batman! I was looking forward to playing with him a bit :S So Iguess I can to to mattys site for the email eh... I guess I will give that shot... As for returning to the store ... well I could do that I suppose if I shipped it back to my friend but also I duno how long ago he brought it for me the return date could be expired?:S

Hey man, sorry about your BB fig.

Are you willing to sell me your spare Despero arm, if you're going to get a replacement BB? It's the last Despero part I need... PM me if you're interested, I have Paypal. Hey, it's another way to try to recoup your financial loss on the figure...

I don't know what I will do with anything it depends on if I get a new one or not & if I do I'm not sure if I'm going to open this one :S I must Despero is how you do a BAF figure... I got no real love for this character but sure makes a nice looking figure!

• Like 1

How is this supposed to be avoided?? Placing the figure inside the fridge, or somn like that?
If you think the toy will break because it's stuck, put it the freezer for an hour or two. Then when you try to move it, it will either break because you fiddled with it too much beforehand, or it'll regain full mobility.

no you don't...at least i never have...i've had to do this a couple of times and every time they've just asked me to fax the receipt and sent me a coupon...when my cassie batgirl was messed up i returned her to kmart and got another cassie batgirl then used my coupon for something else (when my brainiac and corps sinestro broke out of the package i just glued to parts back on and used to coupons for something else...but then i never saw either of those figures a second time). compare with DCD where the times i've had toys break out of the package they told me it was the comic book store's responsibility and the store told it was DCD's responsibility...which is why to this day my jack knight starman can only move one arm. mattel's had some bad QC but their customer service has always been topnotch
They must've caught on. They asked me to mail them my two left-shin-havin' Warrior Aquaman. As for DCD versus comic stores, put your comic store guy on the phone with DCD customer service. and let them fight it out. The customer is always right. Also, my comic store can't give their Jack Knight away. I could pick it up for $5 and sell it to you for cost+shipping.

How is this supposed to be avoided?? Placing the figure inside the fridge, or somn like that?
If you think the toy will break because it's stuck, put it the freezer for an hour or two. Then when you try to move it, it will either break because you fiddled with it too much beforehand, or it'll regain full mobility.

no you don't...at least i never have...i've had to do this a couple of times and every time they've just asked me to fax the receipt and sent me a coupon...when my cassie batgirl was messed up i returned her to kmart and got another cassie batgirl then used my coupon for something else (when my brainiac and corps sinestro broke out of the package i just glued to parts back on and used to coupons for something else...but then i never saw either of those figures a second time). compare with DCD where the times i've had toys break out of the package they told me it was the comic book store's responsibility and the store told it was DCD's responsibility...which is why to this day my jack knight starman can only move one arm. mattel's had some bad QC but their customer service has always been topnotch
They must've caught on. They asked me to mail them my two left-shin-havin' Warrior Aquaman. As for DCD versus comic stores, put your comic store guy on the phone with DCD customer service. and let them fight it out. The customer is always right. Also, my comic store can't give their Jack Knight away. I could pick it up for $5 and sell it to you for cost+shipping.

I have a Starman somewhere I think.

Either way, the only fix for this is to take a hobby knife and split the pelvis from below. Once it comes apart, the legs will be released. Just clean up the flash(extra pieces) around the peg with a blade and glue it back together. I've had to do this with half of my Mattel toys.

So I opened the wonder woman from this wave & I can't figure out how the shield works ... Is it not suppose to have some part that connects it to her arm or did I just get screwed again ?..

• Like 1

So I opened the wonder woman from this wave & I can't figure out how the shield works ... Is it not suppose to have some part that connects it to her arm or did I just get screwed again ?..

The shield supposed to be connected to the arm. If your WW doesn't have the shield clipped onto her wrist then your shield is missing the clip connector

Well ****!

IMG_2384.jpg

Evilstar may have been a whacked out psychopath but he was sure right about the quality control of these things :S

• Like 1

Well ****!

IMG_2384.jpg

Evilstar may have been a whacked out psychopath but he was sure right about the quality control of these things :S

It appears that the your WW's accesory clip broke off. WW has one of the worst QC. I had to buy two of her; first one had a giant fingerprint on on of her legs and had backwards abs. The second WW had a scratched up nose and a deformed arm. l returned the first WW but kept the 2nd one.

Both WW had despero's leg w the wrong hip articulation.

Wrong him articulation how?! :S I noticed one of my desps legs was kind of gimpy... or maybe that was my ares ...