G.I. Joe And Cobra Classic "Assault On Cobra Island" 7-Packs

JayC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent Joe set, not a single bad choice except for Outback's shirt, But I guess they had to have some reason for somebody to buy the FLACK.

The Cobra set is little on the "meh" side, with Dr. Mindbender being the only standout. I like what they did with Lampreys, but his gun is a bizarre mix of a Sten and Grease Gun. The others are a little goofy with Strato Viper being the only other decent one, but he's already in a vehicle set.

I'll definitely get the Joe set, but I'll probably pass on the Cobra one since I'll bet we'll see Dr. MB again, he's the only other big Cobra leader left and the others have all had multiple figures.

Man I still love these. I was afraid that the final product might not be as great as those early pics, but they are. I don't care much for that pulse-rifle-looking gun Ripcord comes with; seems to me that rifle that the GvsC Gung-Ho came with would have been perfect and looked more like his original weapon, but whatever. Still it's a nice figure. I'm mainly excited about Recondo, and he basically looks like a Dusty body with a new head and "fixed" Duke arms. I love it!

Nice lookin' assortment here in both.

I'd guess we'll have to invest around $110 for the lot of'em?

annoyedh.gif

I wonder how much they will be and when and where they be sold at. I hope it be a Toys R Us ex. send I work at Toys R Us and the only one I want is Wet-Suite the other 6 I give away if I get them.

Man I still love these. I was afraid that the final product might not be as great as those early pics, but they are. I don't care much for that pulse-rifle-looking gun Ripcord comes with;

That is a Heckler & Koch G-36, with under-slung grenade launcher--its a real weapon.

these sets are still pretty good.

The Joe set I am less excited about though. Of the 7 Joes, I don't REALLY like any of them. Ripcord, HitnRun, and Recondo are pretty good. Outback is nice, but unecessary because of the FLAK release. Zap and Chuckles are characters I have never needed in my collection.. and while Wetsuit is one of my alltime favorite characters, that isn't him.

The Cobra set is still rockin pretty good. I really like the Mindbender, AlleyViper, and Rangeviper. Lampreys and Nightcreeper seem to have been messed up a bit on the head gear, and I am not digging them so much anymore. and I don't need more BATS or Stratovipers

Both these sets are awesome!!!

Some guys are gonna be nit-picky about weapons, or coloring or someone has the wrong type boots, but both sets are great. For once there is a set not loaded up with the 30th versions of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Duke or CC. The assortment is great and I love every figure in each set. I just hope they make enough (especially that Cobra army builder pack!!!)

I have to give props to Hasbro on this one. @yipee@

These, especially the Cobra pack, are going to be hard to find. Unfortunately, some of these guys I'm going to have to hunt up better gear (Ripcord, Chuckles, Hit & Run, Dr. Mindbender).

Spc. Altitude Ripcord: I suppose I can dig up his original gun. That one is ok, just overused. As for the figure, he looks pretty good.

Hit & Run: NOW is the time to go on ebay and hunt up the gear (duffle bag, etc.) this figure SHOULD be coming with. The figure looks nice though. A good repaint.

Zap: MUSTACHE! @firedevil@ Makes me wonder if they were "listening" to us since the only significant discussion about the figure was the mustache.

Outback: This is one of the two "irony" figures. What that means is he is one of the two figures from the 80s that had "features" now assoicated with 25th figures. I think he was pretty popular because of that. Here, the jacket is ok. It works I guess. I just hope the leg light is removable, a feature that pisses me off about Chuckles.

Chuckles: The figure looks pretty good (except that leg sheath is odd, IMO), but how the hell did they screw up his signature feature?

Recondo: Is the hat removable? It doesn't look like the same head as other pics, but that could just be the hat.

Torpedo Wet-Suit: SOOOOO close. Short sleeves or not, why not a helmet like the original?

Alley Viper: Looks nice. The detailing improves the figure.

Range Viper: I wonder why they didn't go with that big ass backpack. Not that they had to. Looks good except for the "Firefly Bunching Syndrome".

Lamprey: This figure looks nice, I just don't get why he has a moveable visor.

Dr. Mindbender: Looks good, but why the Crimson Guard legs? He looks odd with the thingy on his left thigh.

"Air-Viper": Air-Viper? What happened to Strato-Viper? Rather minor complaint since the figure looks great.

Battle Damaged B.A.T.: Yet ANOTHER reason to ignore the HOH. Was anyone at Hasbro paying attention?

Night Creeper: Does he have a backpack? Hard to tell. Except for the Popeye Syndrome, he looks pretty good.

WHY did they change the torso for Mindbender to Gung Ho's!? I HATE THAT TORSO!!! Pass now!

Why would they change it? What torso did they use before?

jesus christ dude, you would be unhappy if Amanda Bynes bent over naked in front of you, you would still find something to complain about

My Amanda Bynes won't stand up properly! And she's not wearing her ARAH outfit! ;)

But really, if Hasbro doesn't want complaints, all they have to do is make perfect figures. Until they do, it's not the fan's fault for complaining about them.

jesus christ dude, you would be unhappy if Amanda Bynes bent over naked in front of you, you would still find something to complain about

@lol@

Amanda Bynes??? she is fugly bro.... if that is your best example of a hot girl, your opinion is worthless to me

So, why was that addressed to Clam?

these sets are still pretty good.

The Joe set I am less excited about though. Of the 7 Joes, I don't REALLY like any of them. Ripcord, HitnRun, and Recondo are pretty good. Outback is nice, but unecessary because of the FLAK release. Zap and Chuckles are characters I have never needed in my collection.. and while Wetsuit is one of my alltime favorite characters, that isn't him.

The Cobra set is still rockin pretty good. I really like the Mindbender, AlleyViper, and Rangeviper. Lampreys and Nightcreeper seem to have been messed up a bit on the head gear, and I am not digging them so much anymore. and I don't need more BATS or Stratovipers

How many Strato-Vipers have you gotten that you don't need anymore? @smilepunch@

Man I still love these. I was afraid that the final product might not be as great as those early pics, but they are. I don't care much for that pulse-rifle-looking gun Ripcord comes with;

That is a Heckler & Koch G-36, with under-slung grenade launcher--its a real weapon.

Really? Cool...but I still don't think that type of gun suits Ripcord. Was this a gun that was actually around back in the early 80s?

Really? Cool...but I still don't think that type of gun suits Ripcord. Was this a gun that was actually around back in the early 80s?

Not to my knowledge, unless it was in the prototype stage--its a weapon of the mid-to late 90's

Ripcord's original weapon was a Belgian FN FAL, which is not the best weapon for a paratrooper ( because of length), but it goes back as far as the mid-1960's and is more era-appropriate for Ripcord.

The choice of weapons is a funny thing here in the 25th line, and some like the various M-$ ( M-16) style rifles with all kinds of stuff hanging off them are mostly weapons of the mid 1990's to present. The M-4 was made a lot earlier, but the "style" of kitting out the weapon with fore-grips, tactical-scopes, laser designators etc wasn't that common in the mid-80's--but with a secret spec-ops unit, who knows....

@lol@

Amanda Bynes??? she is fugly bro.... if that is your best example of a hot girl, your opinion is worthless to me

I dunno man.....the young lady has some legs on her now!!

amanda_bynes_fw02.0.0.0x0.512x768.jpeg

pretty face, cute smile, good skin and long-ass legs that go all the way up and make an azz out of themselves??

Only fault in her from my perspective is her AGE!! @haha@

...its a weapon of the mid-to late 90's

Ripcord's original weapon was a Belgian FN FAL, which is not the best weapon for a paratrooper ( because of length), but it goes back as far as the mid-1960's and is more era-appropriate for Ripcord.

Funny you should say that ARROW; thinking back on Ripcord's original weapon, I actually thought to myself that it was indeed impractical for a paratrooper. But I prefer accuracy for the classic figures, even if it's not correct or practical. (lol)

pretty face, cute smile, good skin and long-ass legs that go all the way up and make an azz out of themselves??

I'd be quick to tag that. #mrsauve# BTW, how old is she?

As for the topic; I plan to get the Joe pack, but I'm not too sure about the Cobra pack. Dr. Mindbender is not really on my "must get" list.

I'd be quick to tag that. #mrsauve# BTW, how old is she?

A whole whoppin' 23! @doh@

Now as far as the OTHER figures (in this topic) goes...

I would be happy in obtaining just these..

musthaves.jpg

I've made so many concessions in my G.I.Joe collecting habits already, that I've decided to forgo entirely on the army building crap altogether and since Hasbro has seen fit to throw (what us army builders like to typically ARMY BUILD with) into multi packs, I'm not content to just grab one for the sake of completion and getting my usual 6-8 of each is far out of the question now, so the hell with'em.

How many Strato-Vipers have you gotten that you don't need anymore? @smilepunch@

I know I know.. I meant that after I get him with the vehicles, I won't need anymore.