2009 Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments: Star Trek

JayC

Playmates got a film license while Diamond retains theirs. The same separate film license may be necessary for these ornaments.

Yeah, but this is Hallmark, not Diamond, and these are Christmas ornaments, not toys.

Licensing isn't usually done on all products under the sun. It's usually divided up among different groups. Like Playmates has toys, Burger King has fast food toys/glasses, some company will have t-shirts, another company will have party favors, etc.

Plus, Hallmark has been doing Star Trek ornaments forever. They did them back when Playmates had ALL of the Star Trek toy licenses, so if, for some reason, Hallmark needed to purchase a license to do ornaments from Playmates (which I don't think is likely), then I don't know why it wouldn't have happened again.

I don't think it's a licensing issue more than Hallmark probably did not have the source material in time to make stuff based on the new movie this year. My guess is next years batch will have stuff like hopefully the new Enterprise from the movie.

I'm just saying, that since that distinction exists between the classic and new film properties in one area (Playmates vs. Diamond), they may exist in totality across all merchandising licenses. I'm not trying to imply that other manufacturers are able to bid for it, just that Hallmark may have needed to negotiate one separately for this current film, and that negotiation process might have been a reason there were none in the '09 range already. I'm sure they'll have them in '10 if this film is as popular as it seems it will be.

OOOOH a K'Tinga Class Battle Cruiser

I missed out on the Reliant last year I hope I don't miss out on this one

Yeah, me too. After much consideration, I picked the Statler and Waldorf (from the Muppet Show)ornament over the Reliant. But that Klingon ship looks cool, I may get one this year.... :)

OOOOH a K'Tinga Class Battle Cruiser

I missed out on the Reliant last year I hope I don't miss out on this one

Yeah, me too. After much consideration, I picked the Statler and Waldorf (from the Muppet Show)ornament over the Reliant. But that Klingon ship looks cool, I may get one this year.... :)

I got the Reliant, mainly cause I have ever ship from every year. I was gonna go back and get the Muppets one for my wife but they sold out everywhere. I keep collecting them but I dont like how in recent years cause they went to batteries instead of plugging them into the lights, they don't stay lit all the time, only for a few secs after you push a button.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've decided I hate most of the stuff hallmark does because it does not light up at all.. well some stuff does ... but really most are just little statues... Whats the point of that?! I can tie a string around an action figure or micomachine ships ifI really wanted too yknow LOL! i'm paying $15-+ for something I want it to light up on my tree :D