Mr. Terrific...?

Crimson Knight

Anyone care to elaborate on this character?

I mean... he's a bit quirky to say the least IMO. Now, I know that the DC Universe is full of many whacky heroes and villians but most are from the golden and silver age... He seems to be holding pretty high court with the JSA.

He's super smart and has Terrific Balls (no juke intended) @razz@ It just doesn't fit for me??? I'm not bagging on the character (although it probably sounds like it) just confused more than anything else.

His costume is pretty cool...but Mr Terrific? That's the best they could come up with?

Yes, he's a Legacy character. It's an homage to the original. And that was the kind of crap they named people back in the 40's.

people dont understand that these things were aimed at kids. a kid would think that was a cool name.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean... he's a bit quirky to say the least IMO. Now, I know that the DC Universe is full of many whacky heroes and villians but most are from the golden and silver age... He seems to be holding pretty high court with the JSA.

He's super smart and has Terrific Balls (no juke intended) @razz@ It just doesn't fit for me??? I'm not bagging on the character (although it probably sounds like it) just confused more than anything else.

His costume is pretty cool...but Mr Terrific? That's the best they could come up with?

Yes, he's a Legacy character. It's an homage to the original. And that was the kind of crap they named people back in the 40's.

people dont understand that these things were aimed at kids. a kid would think that was a cool name.

And to bring it into the modern age, just look at some of the names wrestlers go by.

Hmm,...Mr. Terrific must be pretty terrific because he's got a whole thread dedicated to him. ^_^ I think he's pretty cool but I always like the genius level characters because they can pretty much adapt to any situation you put them in. He would be right up there with Batman if he had all the cool toys like he has. I wish he had more exposure in the JLU cartoon.

Yah, as opposed to cool names like "Captain Metropolis" and "Hooded Justice".

Oh wait.

Names like these are real superheroes. Stupid #$@# like "Deadpool" and "Cable" should have died in the 90's along with Rob Liefeld's career. DC publishes real super hero comics.

Mr. Terrific is bad ass. If you can't understand why, keep your monkey paws off my DCUC toys. Go watch your stupid SUPER-CLAW-HAND-MAN movie with its historical innacuracies, shallow characters, and simple plot.

Oh wait.

Names like these are real superheroes. Stupid #$@# like "Deadpool" and "Cable" should have died in the 90's along with Rob Liefeld's career. DC publishes real super hero comics.

Mr. Terrific is bad ass. If you can't understand why, keep your monkey paws off my DCUC toys. Go watch your stupid SUPER-CLAW-HAND-MAN movie with its historical innacuracies, shallow characters, and simple plot.

I'm reading your post in Comic-Book-Guy voice, it fits really well.

If you really wanna play "stupid name fight"...Sinestro and Atrocitus.

And if you really wanna play "crappy movie adaptation fight"...go watch Shaq's Steel movie.

Oh wait.

I'm reading your post in Comic-Book-Guy voice, it fits really well.

If you really wanna play "stupid name fight"...Sinestro and Atrocitus.

And if you really wanna play "crappy movie adaptation fight"...go watch Shaq's Steel movie.

hell yeah! lets put it in the box with s. returns, all of the batmen after keaton and before bail, daredevil, blade 1&3, spidey 3, FF 1&2, ghost rider, manthing, and all of the other crap! dont act as if marvel doesnt create trash.

Thanks to all the DC fans who are standing up, DC historically gets treated on an unfair and biasis slant. DC to me is the best and if you can have Mr Fantastic, then you can have Mr Terrific.

Oh yeah, the new Wolverine movie sucks, but surprisingly I liked FF 1 and 2, even Ghost Rider.

Oh wait.

Whoa, no need to ever, and I mean EVER, drag that movie out in any sort of conversation @smilepunch@

I dont see why I can't think Mr Terrific is a goofy name w/o everyone bringing up Marvel. What does Marvel have to do with anything? They didn't name him Mr Terrific. And I get that it's a "Legacy" name (because it sounds like something the Beav would call himself)...and I still think it's goofy.

And again, it's a pretty rockin costume.

I dont see why I can't think Mr Terrific is a goofy name w/o everyone bringing up Marvel. What does Marvel have to do with anything? They didn't name him Mr Terrific. And I get that it's a "Legacy" name (because it sounds like something the Beav would call himself)...and I still think it's goofy.

I imagine because there were a few Marvel bias people dissing Mr. Terrific. But they're probably the same people who think Batman The Animated Series is the worst cartoon ever.

I imagine because there were a few Marvel bias people dissing Mr. Terrific. But they're probably the same people who think Batman The Animated Series is the worst cartoon ever.

The first person to bring up Marvel (Mr Fantastic) did it in response to someone saying Mr T was "as lame as can be"...which I don't think is true at all. Again, he has a really awesome costume...just don't care for his name.

Mr Terrific is one of those characters that I can easily take or leave... he's not a icon, he's not an original JSA character, and his outfit is as ridiculous as it is overwrought. Even the original Terrific was sortof a goofy mis-match.

But, on the whole, I don't really love all the legacy characters DC throws out there, the JSA ones specifically. An Hourman Android (how does that work?), a new Dr. Fate (is he really a doctor?), Dr. Mid-Nite (with a superpower as specific and odd as McNider's, how exactly does someone duplicate it?) I don't mind, at all, Silver Age heroes who only incidentally have the same name (Green Lantern, Flash, Atom, etc)... but unique Golden Agers who are replaced on the same team by new characters.

So yeah, Mr Terrific? I don't really want or like him.

pooda you realy think Blade's est movie was trash? I thought it was great.

the 1st blade was decent at best. no it wasnt....it was trash. i didnt understand why frost wanted to bring back a blood god that wanted to change EVERYBODY into vampires..... you would think that they wouldve starved to death! plus the fight scenes were pretty lame. i loved blade 2 though!

the 1st blade was decent at best. no it wasnt....it was trash. i didnt understand why frost wanted to bring back a blood god that wanted to change EVERYBODY into vampires..... you would think that they wouldve starved to death! plus the fight scenes were pretty lame. i loved blade 2 though!

Really? I thought Blade 1 was just ok (if even). 2 was worse and 3 is unwatchable. I'd say 1 is about the same as FF movies while 2 is about the good (bad) as Ghost Rider. 3 is in the Superman 4 territory.

Really? I thought Blade 1 was just ok (if even). 2 was worse and 3 is unwatchable. I'd say 1 is about the same as FF movies while 2 is about the good (bad) as Ghost Rider. 3 is in the Superman 4 territory.

2 seemed more like a comic book. idk?....i just like 2.

Well, that's true, but I just didn't like the story.

Also Blade is a Brit so they missed on that...tho that is a very minor point and Snipes is the best guy to play him (sans Brit).

Also Blade is a Brit so they missed on that...tho that is a very minor point and Snipes is the best guy to play him (sans Brit).

they shouldve hooked him (blade) up with the punisher. damn! DC/MARVEL team-up.....batman and blade vs. dracula (lol)

they shouldve hooked him (blade) up with the punisher. damn! DC/MARVEL team-up.....batman and blade vs. dracula (lol)

That (marvel team up) was one of the few redeeming qualities about SM3.

yeah, but new goblin was lame.

yeah, but new goblin was lame.

indeed