'Deadpool' Movie In The Works At Fox

JayC

I would go see a Deadpool film regardless of who is playing him....he wears a mask....

he is SUPPOSED to wear a mask.. but as we have seen in the wolvy movie.. he doesn't, yet... and who knows with FOX, they have no respect for comic books.. so he probably won't wear one in the DP movie

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't put a mask on DP.

They've seem to make a habit of ignoring costume and finding

creative ways to translate them to film, its like they aren't even

trying to replicate the look and feel of the comics.

Come to think of it, Eastwood would have made one hell of a Cable or

perhaps even a younger Michael Ironside. In all actuality I believe that

Fox could have made the X-Men films far more epic than they were. If

they had the proper vision and wasn't thinking purely from a monetary view,

X-Men could have been one big cohesive Saga.

I agree. Fox seems to see the dollar signs first and foremost, not realizing that if they look at the film first, more dollars will roll in in the end. X-Men Origins: Wolverine could have been so much better than it was, though I also think it was far from terrible.

In Fox's defense, I think part of the reason they didn't see X-Men as a true epic saga by today's standards was the fact it was the movie that sort of changed the old way of thinking. Before its release, comic book movies were considered a joke at best. They were venturing into uncharted territory, and I doubt they could look much beyond a single film (remember how Singer cut good scenes, like the conversation between Xavier and Magneto, because he was worried about it running too long? Today he'd never do that, but it wasn't established then so he was cautious.). Because of X-Men, we have movies like Spider-Man and Iron Man. It was a trend setter.

Now franchises like Jackson's Lord of the Rings and Nolan's Batman have changed the landscape again, and I think if X-Men were released today, they probably would have gone for a more epic, long-term story without killing off significant characters. Now they're sort of stuck because they can't reboot yet with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine being so successful and liked (he was easily the best part of X-Men Origins: Wolverine), but I'm sure they know what it could become with the knowledge they have now.

It also didn't help that Bryan Singer left after X2. He probably would have left everyone feeling more satisfied after X-Men 3, and who knows where the franchise would be if he had.

I agree. Nolan's Batman definitely set the bar higher, however Fox has continued to have a flawed

approach to even post X-Men success. For example I remember when Laura Shuler Donner had the

nerve to say that they would never do an X-Men film without Wolverine :huh: Granted I understand

his popularity, but revolving 4 films around one character does a huge injustice to the rest of the well liked

characters.

I recall the first X-Men movie having a very modest budget, that would have been the correct time to introduce

a Wolverine film and build from there, Blade clearly worked so if a gritty Wolverine solo film worked then an

X-Men film would have probably been a sure thing as well. I just fear that Fox will get so money hungry that

they'll try to cram things in and it won't make sense or contradicts what was previously established.

• 2 weeks later...
I just fear that Fox will get so money hungry that

they'll try to cram things in and it won't make sense or contradicts what was previously established.

That was definitely an issue with the Wolverine movie: cramming things in. Characters like Gambit, Blob, Cyclops, and White Queen were entirely unnecessary (even if they weren't done too badly), but Fox threw them in for all the wrong reasons. It's too much about marketing and tie-in products for Fox when it should be more about great films (which will sell themselves).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a DC fan,and my only exposure to the X-Men has been:1.the movies,and 2.about the first 10 issues of the astonishing x-men book from whedon and cassady,but as much as I liked alot of the casting in the films (patrick stewart,ian mckellen,hugh jackman,etc.)i think the best thing would be to wait till its rights expire and have marvel studios buy it,in fact,i think they should do that with everything from fantastic 4 to spider-man(if the 4th can't redeem the franchise) because the marvel studios liscense has made some awesome movies so far,and I honestly think that they could do wonders for these franchises,and i'm hoping that with that ,warner bros.might take their lead (superman).

eh could be good but i'm looking forward to the magneto movie more

Is this still coming? i'd love to see it happen but haven't heard anymore about it.

I'm a DC fan,and my only exposure to the X-Men has been:1.the movies,and 2.about the first 10 issues of the astonishing x-men book from whedon and cassady,but as much as I liked alot of the casting in the films (patrick stewart,ian mckellen,hugh jackman,etc.)i think the best thing would be to wait till its rights expire and have marvel studios buy it,in fact,i think they should do that with everything from fantastic 4 to spider-man(if the 4th can't redeem the franchise) because the marvel studios liscense has made some awesome movies so far,and I honestly think that they could do wonders for these franchises,and i'm hoping that with that ,warner bros.might take their lead (superman).

The problem with that is Fox won't let the right go back. they would rather continue to make crappy movies (or what some think are crappy movies) and keep the right than let Marvel make some movies where they get nothing from it.

Why don't you people realize ethnicity does not matter in a fox film. Spike in X3 was asain when he should have been black. Colussus was an all American not Russian. Agent Zero was asain when he should have been white. Silverfox was white when she should have been Native American. And don't even get me started on how many people's powers they got wrong. They would never try to explain him as being Scott and MADDIE'S son from the future with a techno organic virus that caused him to have robotic parts. Bottom line I like my characters to stay true to their intent, but in an X film they are doomed from the start. So why not make Cable something else, and I said I would like to see him black, but also mentioned any actor that looks militaristic (I even said Keifer Sutherland who is snow white) so really whats wrong with trying to make a guy different? You did see what they called Deadpool right?

A few quick things that may or may have not been clarified, but I just wanted to say, the person with the spikes coming out of him in X3 was not Spyke. In the credits he was liste as Quill. Please don't make things up. Second, Russian is not a race, it is a nationality. With Marvel now giving much more supervision to their movies, it is more than unlikely that a black man would play Cable, even if he were chosen. There are plenty of muscular white men that could play him.