'Deadpool' Movie In The Works At Fox

JayC

Sweet.

I just hope they do him justice. Reynolds was born to play the role, so he won't be a problem. They need to find good writers who can come up with a good story.

I want to see something on a level with X2, not Fantastic Four.

it would be nice if they made it R like blade. keep it nice and dark with lots of blood and gore. good times

Deadpool is definitely violent, but Marvel recently said they won't be making anymore R-rated movies, so looks like PG-13 will be the rating (PG or G just don't seem to fit...).

it would be nice if they made it R like blade. keep it nice and dark with lots of blood and gore. good times

Deadpool is definitely violent, but Marvel recently said they won't be making anymore R-rated movies, so looks like PG-13 will be the rating (PG or G just don't seem to fit...).

Same thought, but I think wolverine was filmed with decent violent, lot of gutting and slicing each other with their bones & nails of a hand bag lady. One thing I love about Deadpool is he loves taking damages and gotta say something about it. The movie will not be true to the character if he didn't get his limbs chopped or something.

One main concern will be the supporting cast. My choice will be Cable. You got a tough ass soldier and you got a mercenary with a mouth, nice contrast of character. I am not familiar with Deadpool stories, but ya, what do you guys think? Who else will be in the movie?

Cable is cool, but I don't know if he fits in with the current X-Men universe that's on film. I'm sure they could make him work, though.

I'm not real familiar with the Deadpool comics/stories, either, unless it involves old school X-Force or Wolverine.

He's crossed paths with lots of people (Black Tom, Juggernaut), and characters like Siryn and Copycat were love interests (right?), so I think there are a number of possibilities. I'm not sure which are the best in terms of story in the comics.

Sure Cable would work. Look at Deadpool and Agent Zero and Silverfox and how they were represented on screen. Fox would just have Tyrese Gibson or Keifer Sutherland or some gruff-could be-military looking actor to play him. They prooved ethnicty doesnt matter to a character with Zero, so i say make Cable black. Then give him a big gun and a fake arm that was blown off (since Fox would never make it so hard to explain like a TO virus) and he can be the leader of the unit hunting Deadpool thats called the six pack. Of course the six pack will be all generic looking soldiers to not steal to much limelight from the two stars. Thats how they've done everything else so far. Either way, its gonna suck.

Yeah, I meant I wasn't sure about Cable working because of his story. He's the son of Scott Summers that comes back from the future. He'd have to be totally changed up given the more realistic tones of the X-Men movies.

Sure Cable would work. Look at Deadpool and Agent Zero and Silverfox and how they were represented on screen. Fox would just have Tyrese Gibson or Keifer Sutherland or some gruff-could be-military looking actor to play him. They prooved ethnicty doesnt matter to a character with Zero, so i say make Cable black. Then give him a big gun and a fake arm that was blown off (since Fox would never make it so hard to explain like a TO virus) and he can be the leader of the unit hunting Deadpool thats called the six pack. Of course the six pack will be all generic looking soldiers to not steal to much limelight from the two stars. Thats how they've done everything else so far. Either way, its gonna suck.

If they make that movie, they'd probably call it Bishop instead...

Why don't you people realize ethnicity does not matter in a fox film. Spike in X3 was asain when he should have been black. Colussus was an all American not Russian. Agent Zero was asain when he should have been white. Silverfox was white when she should have been Native American. And don't even get me started on how many people's powers they got wrong. They would never try to explain him as being Scott and MADDIE'S son from the future with a techno organic virus that caused him to have robotic parts. Bottom line I like my characters to stay true to their intent, but in an X film they are doomed from the start. So why not make Cable something else, and I said I would like to see him black, but also mentioned any actor that looks militaristic (I even said Keifer Sutherland who is snow white) so really whats wrong with trying to make a guy different? You did see what they called Deadpool right?

Why don't you people realize ethnicity does not matter in a fox film. Spike in X3 was asain when he should have been black. Colussus was an all American not Russian. Agent Zero was asain when he should have been white. Silverfox was white when she should have been Native American. And don't even get me started on how many people's powers they got wrong. They would never try to explain him as being Scott and MADDIE'S son from the future with a techno organic virus that caused him to have robotic parts. Bottom line I like my characters to stay true to their intent, but in an X film they are doomed from the start.

While it may not matter, or shouldn't, why make an unnecessary change? If you need to add more diversity then either create new characters or incorporate pre-existing characters

of a particular ethnicity, but don't just change it simply for the hell of it. This was one of the problems I had with the X-Men films in general. They basically americanized many of the

characters. One of the elements I love about X-Men is how diverse the team is, mutants from all over the world, so rather than find actors that could portray that aspect we ended up

with Pyro who wasn't an aussie, Coloussus without a Russian accent and Halle Berry as Storm. Personally I don't see why they couldn't atleast stay true to those elements.

So why not make Cable something else, and I said I would like to see him black, but also mentioned any actor that looks militaristic (I even said Keifer Sutherland who is snow white) so really whats wrong with trying to make a guy different? You did see what they called Deadpool right?

But why does he have to be specifically black? I mean seriously, what you're suggesting would just be simply gratuitous. You think in

terms of black and white, literally. If you truly wanted him to be different to stress a point then you should have picked other ethnicities

from the spectrum. Cable should resemble his comic book counterpart and I would expect the same treatment if they were to include Bishop.

Why don't you people realize ethnicity does not matter in a fox film. Spike in X3 was asain when he should have been black. Colussus was an all American not Russian. Agent Zero was asain when he should have been white. Silverfox was white when she should have been Native American. And don't even get me started on how many people's powers they got wrong. They would never try to explain him as being Scott and MADDIE'S son from the future with a techno organic virus that caused him to have robotic parts. Bottom line I like my characters to stay true to their intent, but in an X film they are doomed from the start.

While it may not matter, or shouldn't, why make an unnecessary change? If you need to add more diversity then either create new characters or incorporate pre-existing characters

of a particular ethnicity, but don't just change it simply for the hell of it. This was one of the problems I had with the X-Men films in general. They basically americanized many of the

characters. One of the elements I love about X-Men is how diverse the team is, mutants from all over the world, so rather than find actors that could portray that aspect we ended up

with Pyro who wasn't an aussie, Coloussus without a Russian accent and Halle Berry as Storm. Personally I don't see why they couldn't atleast stay true to those elements.

So why not make Cable something else, and I said I would like to see him black, but also mentioned any actor that looks militaristic (I even said Keifer Sutherland who is snow white) so really whats wrong with trying to make a guy different? You did see what they called Deadpool right?

But why does he have to be specifically black? I mean seriously, what you're suggesting would just be simply gratuitous. You think in

terms of black and white, literally. If you truly wanted him to be different to stress a point then you should have picked other ethnicities

from the spectrum. Cable should resemble his comic book counterpart and I would expect the same treatment if they were to include Bishop.

I just personally think there's a lot more Black actors in Hollywood bigger and more muscular than White actors. Fox would just throw the name on whoever, That's my pick, your telling me Im seeing black and white by telling me Im wrong for thinking a black actor would better fill the part. HA! Thats just my opinion why take it so personal?

I just personally think there's a lot more Black actors in Hollywood bigger and more muscular than White actors. Fox would just throw the name on whoever, That's my pick, your telling me Im seeing black and white by telling me Im wrong for thinking a black actor would better fill the part. HA! Thats just my opinion why take it so personal?

Thats because I wasn't taking it personal, and Cable doesn't have to be overly muscular anyways, getting the personality down would be the primary concern.

And you clearly are seeing things from a minute perspective, true, it may be your view but yet and still not everything is in black and white. Different doesn't

always mean black and white.

So you want a big black guy to play Cable and in the process forget that he has two very famous white parents which makes up his entire back story? But all you want is a big black man? I mean everyone is entitled to their fetishs lol, but they should call him "Bishop" not "Cable".

marvel doesn't want to do rated R movies anymore--- bad for business.

To bad, because an R rated Wolverine movie could have worked a few years

ago. IMO Fox should have done a Wolverine flick before they did any of the

X-Men films.

So you want a big black guy to play Cable and in the process forget that he has two very famous white parents which makes up his entire back story? But all you want is a big black man? I mean everyone is entitled to their fetishs lol, but they should call him "Bishop" not "Cable".

No what i want would be a proper X-men film where Cyclops was prominent as the leader, Cable would be an old white guy who was his son from the future. They all worse hero costumes, and the story would tell like an Xmen tale. Fox movies dont care what us comic fans want, they want to entertain ALL movie goers, and they want to have 'Colored' Casts as his been seen by many of the ethnic changes in minor characters in previous X films. Whats wrong with wanting Cable to be a big military looking soldier if they are going to ruin him? Who would you have play Cable?

There was a time when Clint Eastwood would have been good as Cable. He has the gruff exterior and tough guy stuff down pat.

Cable is physically big in the comics, but I don't think nailing his stature is as important in a film.

Come to think of it, Eastwood would have made one hell of a Cable or

perhaps even a younger Michael Ironside. In all actuality I believe that

Fox could have made the X-Men films far more epic than they were. If

they had the proper vision and wasn't thinking purely from a monetary view,

X-Men could have been one big cohesive Saga.

Considering the fact that there are countless mutant heroes and villians and teams and vast

storylines they could have made them fit all together with the same tone

and continuity, keeping it interesting wouldn't be a huge problem because

the characters and storylines are pretty endless and its not as if one character

has to be the sole focus. For some reason Fox and the directors just love to prematurely

kill off great characters or focus exclusively one character or gratuitously alter others.

This movie will suck. Fox is still the ones producing it.

The good news is: This might end up being the first real "flop" of the X-Men franchise, which might eventually lead to it going back to Marvel Studios.

Deadpool is much-beloved by comic book fans...but people that don't read comics don't have a clue who he is besides the mute, blades-in-arms multi-powered freako from the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

That's right folks: More people in the world now think Deadpool is "Weapon XI" than know the "Merc with a mouth."

Fox is just doing things for the hell of it now, the last well done X-Men flick ended with

X2. Even though Wolverine wasn't by no means a terrible film it could have been much

better. I just think it was stupid to do what they did to Deadpool for no reason at all.

Judging by how the plot unfolded the makers didn't seem to know where they wanted

to take things.