Top DCUC Dissappointments

MrBear

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if hes been drawn both sizes in the books at ANY point in time, then the fig isnt incorrect.....its just not what you want.

It's alright for you to be satisfied with a figure they got wrong. I am!

yeah...i love it when i get what i want.

01088.jpg

Even though Hal might be closer than Sinestro, the shadow shows that it the two aren't far apart to affect height.

If I am not mistaken, the super friends program had Sinestro shorter than GL

One of the problems with height is that the guidebook is normally not followed to a T in regards to height

I mean, if that was the case, guys like Darkseid, Hulk, etc... would not be as tall as how the artist normally draws them in recent years.

My guess is that Sinestro appears to look small because of how massive his cranian is, therefore it isn't uncommon for severalartists to depict him smaller than normal

Is it me or w the few exceptions of Solomon Grundy and Logan, ppl normally appears to get pissed about a person bein smaller than the guidebook rather than vice versa

i really dont care that the figure is shorter than Hal, but if you want to get really really technical about the character heights: actor David Niven was about 6ft tall and actor Paul Newman was about 5'9 1/2...both base models for Sinestro and Hal...1/2 inch height difference between em if you want to look at it that way ^_^

I was opening my Wave 7 figs today and was reminded of another DCUC flaw. Stance. For most of the figs in this wave, in order to stand them, I had to place each one with their right leg slightly back, left leg slightly forward (and slightly wide). If I have both legs straight down, they don't stand straight (or just fall over). It's a really annoying design flaw. It's not like the DC Direct or old figs w/o articulation. These figs have enough articulation that you should be able to have them almost stand at attention. If you want to pose them, you can still do that. Instead almost all of them have the exact same stance.

/end rant

It's too bad the rest of us wanted him the height he's supposed to be.

too bad indeed.

Yeah. It is ...because Sinestro is supposed to be taller!

Somebody give BigDawg's Sinestro a pair of platform shoes. I am afraid the poor guy is going to have a stroke.

too bad indeed.

Seriously, who gives a crap about any of this? If you're really that disappointed with Sinestro then don't buy it. Or if you did, then return it. Not every figure can be a winner.

Somebody give BigDawg's Sinestro a pair of platform shoes. I am afraid the poor guy is going to have a stroke.

No. Not really. The Big Dawg's got bigger cars to chase. I just want everyone to get down on their bees and admit that I'm right.

No. Not really. The Big Dawg's got bigger cars to chase. I just want everyone to get down on their bees and admit that I'm right.

Ha! Talk about a guy who's bark is bigger than his bite.

too bad indeed.

Seriously, who gives a crap about any of this? If you're really that disappointed with Sinestro then don't buy it. Or if you did, then return it. Not every figure can be a winner.

No offense, but what do you propose people talk about in a thread about DCUC disappointments besides things they're disappointed with?

Personally, I like both versions of the Sinestro figure, but he's definitely a bit too small. For people asking for pictures, I don't actually care enough to scan the pages, but look at the very end of GL 25(I think, it's the last issue in Sinestro Corps War), when Hal arrests Sinestro. And also look at the "Alpha Lanterns" issues afterwards when Hal is talking to Sinestro in jail. They're clearly the same height.

EldestSon, I think if Mattel were making a figure of Sinestro in a GL outfit, saying they were inspired by that one cover might make sense, but they weren't. So I really doubt they just ignored every other DC comic with Sinestro, looked at that one cover you keep showing, and said, "Let's base the figure on that cover!" It's much more believable that, as they themselves said, there was a factory error or somesuch that caused him to come out smaller than intended. I don't see why people seem somehow offended by the idea that a company that makes hundreds of toys a year can somehow make a mistake on one of them.

Besides, this has happened before. I know Hasbro said the same thing(factory error) happened with the 2008 Kashyyk clone trooper figure. So I'm inclined to believe Mattel, rather than believe they lied for some reason.

Not trying to get people started but some people on this thread is just whininng like a baby,

1. Character selection is not really a complaint, I mean who can fault a producer from spreading out the waves, you guys know MM and GG are coming so why are you crying, I wanted Black Adam before Captain Marvel, I personlly feel he should of been in wave 1 or 2 but its ok, nothing to cry about.

Gleek is another story, If you want to do something special for the SDCC crowd, give them special packaging, maybe something that folds out and makes a display, but to hold back on particular figures is a VERY poor idea and alienates fans and die hard collectors. Gleek is the most unimportant yet a very important aspect of DC.

As far as scale, I am more upset with how tall Grundy is than anything, he is not a giant, large yes but he is too tall. Grundy, Despero, and Lobo are too tall. Atom Smasher and Giganta grow, that's their thing, so why do people think Grundy should be the same size as the giants?

Also for those complaining about Darkseid and Doomsday, Mattel said they would revist them, so its really just a wait and see, nothing to cry about, now if Darkseid and Doomsday come out too tall or too large, they are not all thay super huge, then "Houston we have a problem"

No matter how lucky I was at securing the Wamart wave, I do not like it and think its a TERRIBLE idea for Mattel, exculsives SUCK

Overall, I am happy with Mattel but do not want any more issues regarding, "size, exculsives, and quality"

A. Giganta is bigger than Grundy. And Atom Smasher can grow much bigger than the figure is, he just happens to be the same size as Grundy is. Personally, I love how huge Grundy is, but whatever.

B. Darkseid I agree with, I think the DCSH one is perfect. But Doomsday is super huge:

Doomsday.jpg

Even in his first apperances, when he's fighting the JLA with one hand behind his back, he's pretty massive. I think a Grundy-sized Doomsday BAF would be perfect, and for people who want a smaller Doomsday, nothing would stop you from displaying the one from the DCSH line. Win-win! :)

too bad indeed.

No offense, but what do you propose people talk about in a thread about DCUC disappointments besides things they're disappointed with?

Personally, I like both versions of the Sinestro figure, but he's definitely a bit too small. For people asking for pictures, I don't actually care enough to scan the pages, but look at the very end of GL 25(I think, it's the last issue in Sinestro Corps War), when Hal arrests Sinestro. And also look at the "Alpha Lanterns" issues afterwards when Hal is talking to Sinestro in jail. They're clearly the same height.

EldestSon, I think if Mattel were making a figure of Sinestro in a GL outfit, saying they were inspired by that one cover might make sense, but they weren't. So I really doubt they just ignored every other DC comic with Sinestro, looked at that one cover you keep showing, and said, "Let's base the figure on that cover!" It's much more believable that, as they themselves said, there was a factory error or somesuch that caused him to come out smaller than intended. I don't see why people seem somehow offended by the idea that a company that makes hundreds of toys a year can somehow make a mistake on one of them.

Besides, this has happened before. I know Hasbro said the same thing(factory error) happened with the 2008 Kashyyk clone trooper figure. So I'm inclined to believe Mattel, rather than believe they lied for some reason.

Show me a pic where Sinestro is clearly taller then. Apparently there is so much evidence that he's 6'7"...yet no one has brought anything here. Not even a link. Nada. Zilch.

I've always thought of Sinestro as smaller than Hal. Mostly based on the old Justice League cartoons.

I've always thought of Sinestro as smaller than Hal. Mostly based on the old Justice League cartoons.

Do you mean those cartoons where Sinestro is taller than Hal?

I meant to say Superfriends.

Btw, here's another pic. If Booster was standing as straight as Sinestro, they'd be the same height. Is Booster 6'7" too?

booster2.jpg

too bad indeed.

someone get this man a tissue!....or a boat for that river.

Yeah. That's the one where Sinestro was drawn consistently taller than Hal. As for 6'7", I don't know where that number came from. I don't think Sinestro should be that taller either but I'd prefer it over the dwarf that we did get.

too bad indeed.

Because they're not talking about disappointments! All it is is two people bitching about the height of a figure with neither providing sufficient evidence to their point. Move on.

Here's a disappointment: That crappy controlled by a robot with the same name as the Scientology founder Despero instead of the bulked up conquerer and arch enemy of the Justice League Despero.

Here's a disappointment: That crappy controlled by a robot with the same name as the Scientology founder Despero instead of the bulked up conquerer and arch enemy of the Justice League Despero.

Thats a good one. Why on Earth give us the crappy Lobo wannabe L-Ron over the conquer of worlds Despero. He should have been a massive Hulk like being with a cape.

Yeah. That's the one where Sinestro was drawn consistently taller than Hal. As for 6'7", I don't know where that number came from. I don't think Sinestro should be that taller either but I'd prefer it over the dwarf that we did get.

Find any pics yet?

too bad indeed.

All it is is two people bitching about the height of a figure.

uh-oh.....somebody's been paying attention. let's get out those gold stars! if you dont like what were saying, then post around it. its a friendly debate between us.....dont worry about it. its our board as well as yours.... were not hurting anyone!