Top DCUC Dissappointments

MrBear

Be a smart ass if you want,I never said he is 5"3 I said through the years all of these characters have changed from one extreme to another. Is he the right size, maybe not , maybe he is to some but he is a cool figure none the less. Everybodies peception of a character is different and you should respect that.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3756_400x600.jpg

I don't know why people trot this pic out as proof positive that Sinestro is supposed to be of equal height or shorter than Hal Jordan. In this pic, Sinestro is further away than Hal! Of course, he's drawn smaller here.

That aside, I don't think anyone until Mattel botched things with this figure would've thought of Sinestro as anything other than taller than Hal. His big Korugarian cranium alone should have him tower over Jordan. Plus, it just looks better that Hal isn't beating up some puny short guy with a David Niven mustache.

Having said this, while the Big Dawg definitely would've preferred a taller Sinestro, the figure isn't necessarily ruined for him. It's still a nice figure and certainly not the abysmal disappointment that is Starfire. Now THAT figure needs to be taller!

question....how tall is the guy next to sinestro? sinestro may be further back than hal, but he isnt much taller than the short guy he's standing next to. at any rate....sinestro's shorter than hal in the pic.

3756_400x600.jpg

I don't know why people trot this pic out as proof positive that Sinestro is supposed to be of equal height or shorter than Hal Jordan. In this pic, Sinestro is further away than Hal! Of course, he's drawn smaller here.

That aside, I don't think anyone until Mattel botched things with this figure would've thought of Sinestro as anything other than taller than Hal. His big Korugarian cranium alone should have him tower over Jordan. Plus, it just looks better that Hal isn't beating up some puny short guy with a David Niven mustache.

Having said this, while the Big Dawg definitely would've preferred a taller Sinestro, the figure isn't necessarily ruined for him. It's still a nice figure and certainly not the abysmal disappointment that is Starfire. Now THAT figure needs to be taller!

question....how tall is the guy next to sinestro? sinestro may be further back than hal, but he isnt much taller than the short guy he's standing next to. at any rate....sinestro's shorter than hal in the pic.

If that's a 6'7" Sinestro, then he must have muscles like Hulk Hogan. His distance wouldn't just affect his height.

Starfire, and I wish Batman had an all blue mask, Superpowers style, I really prefer that look. Also all the shiny finishes on figures like the Flash, why not a matte look, the protoype figs looked far superior.

Here's a thought...what if the artist just drew the proportions incorrectly in that picture?

Another thought, you're dealing with three figures. Two of these figures are aliens with potentially unique proportions and two of these figures are also floating which can throw proportions and distances into a vague area.

Anyway you look at it, this picture is a poor example for either side of the argument.

Honestly, I just rely on pure aesthetics. Does Sinestro really look formidable ...or even plain ol' good... if he's a puny shrimp next to Hal Jordan? This is Hal's arch-enemy? Hal comes across as a bully pushing this guy around. Again, I say this accepting the figure for what it is, but had they made it taller, I'd be liking it a whole lot more!

Here's a thought...what if the artist just drew the proportions incorrectly in that picture?

Another thought, you're dealing with three figures. Two of these figures are aliens with potentially unique proportions and two of these figures are also floating which can throw proportions and distances into a vague area.

Anyway you look at it, this picture is a poor example for either side of the argument.

Honestly, I just rely on pure aesthetics. Does Sinestro really look formidable ...or even plain ol' good... if he's a puny shrimp next to Hal Jordan? This is Hal's arch-enemy? Hal comes across as a bully pushing this guy around. Again, I say this accepting the figure for what it is, but had they made it taller, I'd be liking it a whole lot more!

I can't agree more. He just looks ridiculous at 5'9". It's like Superman fighting Spider-Man. You just know he's gonna get creamed.

just because you dont agree, doesnt make it so. what if the artist made a mistake? thats like saying the artist that made him taller made a mistake. dude, youre trying to use height to prove that sinestro does or doesnt look formidable? with all of those little bitty GLs out there....i thought the ring and will power was what counts? the fact is....hes not much taller in that pic than the little guy, which means that he has been shorter in some appearances.

I can't agree more. He just looks ridiculous at 5'9". It's like Superman fighting Spider-Man. You just know he's gonna get creamed.

yeah....for get the mind power or the ring its self...physical strenth is what matters!(not) with that logic, they should just get rid of most of the female GLs, that cricket, or any GL that isnt hal's size or better is just worthless.

yeah....for get the mind power or the ring its self...physical strenth is what matters!(not) with that logic, they should just get rid of most of the female GLs, that cricket, or any GL that isnt hal's size or better is just worthless.

lol I can picture it now "you've been selected for the Green Lantern Corps, no wait; we made a mistake you're not tall enough"

That cricket isn't Hal Jordan's ARCH-enemy, is he? Come on.

Think beyond just a short clever quip. The cricket, the GL who's a puddle, the one who's just a head... They're all essentially background to give the Corps an alien composition. They have to be physically diverse. None of them are being cast as Hal's opposite number.

Again, it's aesthetics. Hal Jordan punching out a short, scrawny old man isn't as dramatic as Hal taking on someone who is his physical equal.

What's with all the Static hate? I can't wait for his figure. Sur eI would rather have Martian Manhunter, but stull.

My only beefs would be...

Skeets being non removable

No Wally West Flash variant(all they had to do was change the freakin belt)

Starfire's design(she's impossible to stand)

I've yet to see someone show a pic that shows Sinestro as clearly taller than Hal.

No one has posted a pic that clearly shows Sinestro to be shorter or the same height as Hal either. A pic where Sinestro is crouching in a slight downshot from the back and one where he's floating a few feet behind Hal are hardly conclusive evidence.

Sinestro's supposed to be taller. Mattel botched it. The figure's not perfect, but not horrible either. Accept it.

The Emerald Dawn picture is pretty clear evidence, unless the following illustration was the artist's intent. For Sinestro to be taller/bigger than Hal but still appear this much smaller, this is how Hal, the Guardian, and Sinestro would have to be standing for Emerald Dawn:

perspective.jpg

Now, it's possible this is how the artist envisioned it, but I think it's odd and therefore unlikely. To each his own, though.

Great. Show me another picture of them side by side (or close like the above pic) where Sinestro is taller. I'll wait...

I've yet to see someone show a pic that shows Sinestro as clearly taller than Hal.

No one has posted a pic that clearly shows Sinestro to be shorter or the same height as Hal either. A pic where Sinestro is crouching in a slight downshot from the back and one where he's floating a few feet behind Hal are hardly conclusive evidence.

Sinestro's supposed to be taller. Mattel botched it. The figure's not perfect, but not horrible either. Accept it.

The Emerald Dawn picture is pretty clear evidence, unless the following illustration was the artist's intent. For Sinestro to be taller/bigger than Hal but still appear this much smaller, this is how Hal, the Guardian, and Sinestro would have to be standing for Emerald Dawn:

perspective.jpg

Now, it's possible this is how the artist envisioned it, but I think it's odd and therefore unlikely. To each his own, though.

Yup. And like I said, that'd make Sinestro the size of Hulk Hogan instead of the lanky slim guy we know he is.

Show me another picture of them side by side (or close like the above pic) where Sinestro is taller. I'll wait...

That's very patient of you.

Sinestro has been around for about forty-nine years. In that time, he's been drawn in a variety of ways by many, many artists. I could dig up many pictures of Sinestro with a giant Easter Island statue of a head. It doesn't mean I'd like his figure to look that way.

And yes. Sinestro is further behind Hal than the Guardian is. They aren't perfectly side by side.

The only complaint I have, and it's not that big, is that Flash is kind of bulky. He should be leaner. Super-strength isn't his power, running fast is. He looks like a weight lifter.

Here's a few to show that they have been drawn about the same size, and Sinestro even taller.

lantern1fn.jpg

HalSinestro.jpg

JUSTICE011.jpg

Now you can see that the folks that think DCUC Sinestro should have been at least a little taller have a legit argument. Can the ridiculous fighting cease now?

Think beyond just a short clever quip. The cricket, the GL who's a puddle, the one who's just a head... They're all essentially background to give the Corps an alien composition. They have to be physically diverse. None of them are being cast as Hal's opposite number.

Again, it's aesthetics. Hal Jordan punching out a short, scrawny old man isn't as dramatic as Hal taking on someone who is his physical equal.

it doesnt matter who's arch-enemy he is. the fact still remains that it doesnt matter what you look like. its all about brain power. sorry, buddy...its just the way it is.

Here's a few to show that they have been drawn about the same size, and Sinestro even taller.

lantern1fn.jpg

HalSinestro.jpg

JUSTICE011.jpg

Now you can see that the folks that think DCUC Sinestro should have been at least a little taller have a legit argument. Can the ridiculous fighting cease now?

what makes what youre saying with the pics any different than what we were saying? if hes been drawn both sizes in the books at ANY point in time, then the fig isnt incorrect.....its just not what you want.

brain over brawn. isnt that why sinestro's so dangerous? his height doesnt make a difference! (just ask wolverine)

what makes what youre saying with the pics any different than what we were saying? if hes been drawn both sizes in the books at ANY point in time, then the fig isnt incorrect.....its just not what you want.

Didn't say it had to be my way. Just showing that the folks who felt the figure should be taller have a legit complaint.

Didn't say it had to be my way. Just showing that the folks who felt the figure should be taller have a legit complaint.

understood.

brain over brawn. isnt that why sinestro's so dangerous? his height doesnt make a difference! (just ask wolverine)

Uh, yeah. We are talking about Lantern powers. Physical strength is the least important quality.

Show me another picture of them side by side (or close like the above pic) where Sinestro is taller. I'll wait...

That's very patient of you.

Sinestro has been around for about forty-nine years. In that time, he's been drawn in a variety of ways by many, many artists. I could dig up many pictures of Sinestro with a giant Easter Island statue of a head. It doesn't mean I'd like his figure to look that way.

And yes. Sinestro is further behind Hal than the Guardian is. They aren't perfectly side by side.

I'm not asking for a pic of a giant head Sinestro. I'm asking for one where they are standing near each other and Sinestro is CLEARLY taller. If, as you say, Sinestro is 5" taller than Hal, then it shouldn't be hard to find ONE pic showing that. I mean, I was able to find mine pretty easily.

And again, if Sinestro is THAT far behind GL (so that Sinestro is 6'7" to Hal's 6'2") then the scale would mean Sinestro is built like Hulk Hogan.