Top DCUC Dissappointments

MrBear

What are you top disappointments in the line right now other then distrabution or quality.

Here are mine:

1. Skeets not being removable from Booster Gold

2. Gorilla Grodd: Really looking forward to him, but I am not a fan of how he turned out. I would have prefered a more aggresive look minus the wire things.

3. Kalibak: would have prefered a Super Powers version since it seems like the rest of Apokolips is getting that treatment.

4. Big Barda: Scale hasn't really bothered me for the most part. Not everyone in the world is the same height. Barda is a different case. She is one character that needed some height. It is half of what she is known for.

5. Walmart Wave: I really don't mind the fact that they had an exclusive wave. Its the fact that it was a small portion of the stores that got them.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with everything so far--the character selections, the sculpts, the CnC choices.

The only thing I would complain about is the Gleek situation and the quality control with regards to the paint applications. I would love to feel confident enough to order online without worrying about receiving a sloppily painted figure.

While I'm overall very happy with MOST of the figures themselves, here are a few things disappointments...

1. The VERY lackluster Starfire

2. The seeming impossibility of my ever completing Metallo due to the ultra-rarity of that Wave 5 Eradicator.

3. Those stupid unremovable tentacles on Grodd's head.

4. The fact that we're getting Static in Wave 10! I thought this was DC Universe CLASSICS!

5. The Gleek fiasco.

1. WALMART EXCLUSIVES- Thanks Mattel, I wanted to pay a guy way to much on Ebay for figures I never saw.

2.Gleek- Thanks Mattel, I want to pay a guy way to much on Ebay for a small figure that I don't want to spend $400 for a couple of plane tickets.

3. Walmart exclusives- Walmart's distribution of their exclusives suck, if one superwalmart carries them they all should.

4. Modern Red Tornado- Don't say there is going to be a variant and not produce it.

5. Did I mention WALMART EXCLUSIVES?

1. Has to be Wal Mart wave. It's hard to find in US and impossible to get outside US.

2. QC issues, horrible! Mattel promised that they are looking into the QC issues but my series 6 kid flash still has 2 right biceps........

3. Starefire, why that body? Lots of female characters can use a new sculpted body

4. No C&C parts for certain A list characters. Give us something else instead of that stupid useless stand

5. No Gleek online. Don't really care about Wonder Twins but have to let Mattel know their mistakes

While I'm overall very happy with MOST of the figures themselves, here are a few things disappointments...

2. The seeming impossibility of my ever completing Metallo due to the ultra-rarity of that Wave 5 Eradicator.

4. The fact that we're getting Static in Wave 10! I thought this was DC Universe CLASSICS!

5. The Gleek fiasco.

whoa whats this about a static figure where did u get that from? I would love one of those

What are you top disappointments in the line right now other then distrabution or quality.

Here are mine:

1. Skeets not being removable from Booster Gold

2. Gorilla Grodd: Really looking forward to him, but I am not a fan of how he turned out. I would have prefered a more aggresive look minus the wire things.

3. Kalibak: would have prefered a Super Powers version since it seems like the rest of Apokolips is getting that treatment.

4. Big Barda: Scale hasn't really bothered me for the most part. Not everyone in the world is the same height. Barda is a different case. She is one character that needed some height. It is half of what she is known for.

5. Walmart Wave: I really don't mind the fact that they had an exclusive wave. Its the fact that it was a small portion of the stores that got them.

I enjoy how you prefaced with the Distribution and Quality caveats specifically, and yet everyone who posted still whined about Gleek and the Wal-Mart wave.

1. Pre-pubescent Starfire. She's supposed to be a curvaceous supermodel, not mosquito bites Molly.

2. Big Barda. I agree with you since y'know IT'S PART OF HER NAME.

3. Sinestro/Captain Cold. What's with making the villains shrimpy?

4. Dr. Impossible. Only because in the comics he hasn't done ANYTHING. Ever. Aside from a kitschy cool name he hasn't done anything to deserve figures made. He's lucky he is an easy Miracle redeco.

5. Uhmmm..I dunno, Green Lantern? They rereleased him in the two pack with Abin Sur, they could have done a little more to change him up, give him some gray temples or gone with the Modern look. Something. The shoulders just wasn't a big enough change for me. But really, that's just me stretching to come up with five "disappointments". Mostly this line rocks!

1. Wal Mart Wave imposible to find. And the possibility of e-tailers to carry them was never an option.

2. Distribution in Mexico. We got stuck with wave 1

I order online, which means i don´t see the figures, but every fig I´ve got so far, no paint app issues or breakable limbs. You must have a very bad luck.

I don't even think I could come up with 5. I'm disappointed in Sinestro's scale and the fact that there's no Tommy Monaghan yet. :)

I am another who has luckily never had any QC issues with this line so I don't even have those to 'complain' about.

5. The Gleek fiasco.

whoa whats this about a static figure where did u get that from? I would love one of those

lol me too, i used to watch the show all the time, a figure would be awesome

Hey, you guys got massive amounts of Swine Flu. You can't have it all, ya know! @smilepunch@

Yeah what gives? :angry: Quit hogging it all.

A. See what I did there?

or

B. Too soon?

Over in the Power Girl thread, someone claiming to be "connected" hinted at the line-ups for waves 10 and 11. His hints for one figure in Wave 10 pointed to Static. Naturally I wasn't just taking this guy's word for it so I had it confirmed through connections of my own.

I'm pretty disappointed. I have no love whatsoever for Static and see it as a waste of a slot.

I'm pretty disappointed. I have no love whatsoever for Static and see it as a waste of a slot.

OMG Agreed... Wave 10 should be Epic... Not corny...

corny in the cartoon but badass in the comics, but i agree if this true i would buy him but i would think the majority of fans would want someone like zatanna, or of course martian manhunter

Dissappointments? I usual don't post on potential negative threads but I will on this one:

1. Inability to find figures at retail.

2. Inability to find figures at retail.

3. Inability to find figures at retail.

4. Inability to find figures at retail.

5. Inability to find figures at retail.

Nothing else left to say....

5. The Gleek fiasco.

if it were just classics, then no character from 2003 until now could ever be made. they once called a toy line Marvel LEGENDS....i doubt that ever fig was a legend.

these are my problems

1.) lack of accessories

2.) BAFs arent big enough

3.) 7 figs in a wave. if you were going to up the waves to seven, then they should just release 2 5 figure waves at a time.

4.) exclusives. mattel doesnt seem to know what a good exclusive is. i hate that they make important figs exclusives. the minute that i cant get one figure at a retail/onlin store.....im done!

5.) case splits. this was the second dumbest idea that mattel had......and they are known for some dooseys!

Hey, you guys got massive amounts of Swine Flu. You can't have it all, ya know! @smilepunch@

Yeah what gives? :angry: Quit hogging it all.

A. See what I did there?

or

B. Too soon?

I´m greedy :)...sides, waves 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and prolly seven were before the swine flu. I still want my DCUC!

Over in the Power Girl thread, someone claiming to be "connected" hinted at the line-ups for waves 10 and 11. His hints for one figure in Wave 10 pointed to Static. Naturally I wasn't just taking this guy's word for it so I had it confirmed through connections of my own.

Guess I was right for guessin that it was Static on the powergirl thread; the guy who said he knew what figs were in that wave didn't say yes or no that it was Static

I wonder which version of Static it is since the cartoon had two versions and Static in the comics has a simialr lookin cartoon attire; l know the poster said it isn't based on the comics, but not maybe ppl knew Static shock changed his looks to a ver that is like the cartoon once he entered into the main DC comic brand.

wave ten is a wm wave so it is that much of a ''waste''

1. Doomsday and Mongul being made before they started making BAFs. Both of these characters should be the same size as Grundy/Atom Smasher.

2. Lobo being too tall.

3. Making Abin Sur before Guy Gardner or Kyle Rayner.

4. Clayface's arms should've been regular plastic. The concept is cool, but it limits articulation and I'm really worried they're gonna tear.

5. Having to turn to ebay for Gleek.

What did your "connections" say about the rest of the waves? The other guy was kind of cryptic about it.

I enjoy how you prefaced with the Distribution and Quality caveats specifically, and yet everyone who posted still whined about Gleek and the Wal-Mart wave.

What does Gleek have to do with distribution and quality? And the original poster mentioned the walmart wave too. :P

3. Sinestro/Captain Cold. What's with making the villains shrimpy?

4. Dr. Impossible. Only because in the comics he hasn't done ANYTHING. Ever. Aside from a kitschy cool name he hasn't done anything to deserve figures made. He's lucky he is an easy Miracle redeco.

Well, Sinestro is generally depicted as skinnier than Hal Jordan and his comics, and he's the same height as Hal in the recent comics. So he's a teensy bit too small, but not as out of scale as Doomsday or Mongul(or Lobo, for that matter).

I can see what you mean about Dr. Impossible, but I think of it as a way to get an obscure character as a variant, just like Artemis or the blonde Black Widow or Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in Marvel Legends. I like getting obscure characters, so I liked it..and at least you didn't have to buy him to complete Kalibak. I do think it's kind of annoying that we got Dr. Impossible figures from DC Direct AND Mattel, but neither company has made a Ventriloquist w/ Scarface...

I wonder which version of Static it is since the cartoon had two versions and Static in the comics has a simialr lookin cartoon attire; l know the poster said it isn't based on the comics, but not maybe ppl knew Static shock changed his looks to a ver that is like the cartoon once he entered into the main DC comic brand.

My connection confirmed that the Static figure was based on his cartoon look. I didn't know that the character had more than one look on the cartoon so I never followed up. I was too busy shedding tears over such a wasted slot.