DCUC vs ML

Rowdy26

These are the types of thread discussions that one loves to hate

first off, it is based on far more opinion than fact

2, since this is a DC comics forum, most people will automatically say DC

which is cool, but once again ... OPINION!

so here are some facts:

DCSH & DCUC would not exist in their current states if not for Marvel Legends.

The sales and love for ML's caused Mattel to step up their game, get one set of sculptors that everyone seemed to love, copied the BAF idea which worked really well, and managed to to be able to include the whole DC Universe instead of just Bats & Supes.

The one thing I will give DCUC over the current batch of HML figures is how they mastered the T-crotch. Toy Biz did it first in ML- series 4, but since Hasbro insists in making 95% of there figures with a ball joint inserted at the top of the crotch instead of the side, (which looks ##$%$#ed and makes you work harder to pose soem plastic), Mattel worked it that you get ball joint movement with a T-crotch look. I LOVE THAT!!!

As far as the best? ML is the standard. Period. And yes, they do stand up really well for me.

But I love DCUC, kind of corny to keep using the same mold over and over again, but this is the MOTU company, so what does one expect from Mattel?

Sadly, Hasbro started to follow this program with half of each line looking like a rip-off of Bullseye.

The one thing DCUC now has in its favor: AVAILABILITY!!!!

Terrible dsitributuion, but at least someone can find them. (Man I miss KB!!!)

Time will tell, but both lines are great, and yes, I am a Marvel fan first, but when they (Mattel/ DC) release figures like Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Hawkman, Kalibak, Parasite, Mongul, Wonder Woman, Etrigan, and Metallo (help me finish him PLEASE!!), Mattel is starting to get real impressive.

cant argue that ML wasnt the start, but it wasnt the best either. i remember the zillions of complaints about them before DCU popped up and threatened their petty little "title" as the best 6 inch figures ever. now all of the ML die hards wanna act as if the complaining never happened. they did the same B.S. when hasbro released B listers.....nothing but complain! then when hasbro stop making MLs on a regular, they acted as if they never complained about B listers, and are screaming to the high heavens for them! i hear DC goers complain about distrubition, or QC, but not who's being released! sure, everyone wants that fave character of theirs to be made, and not everyone is going to like the chaacter choices, but the most of us just want the DC Universe....every nook and cranny! plus, we wernt threatened with mattel expanding with the 3 3/4 figs (crappy as they are) but we dont sit around and blame them for our DCU troubles either. everytime you go over to the marvel board, all you hear are ML goers bumpin their gums about how theyre NOT goint to buy the new 3 3/4 figs.....how often do you see that here?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always get a kick out of the 'A-listers' v 'obscure' character rants people go on.

'OMG WTF why are you guys making characters like Killer Moth??!?! Nobody wants him, he'll pegwarm!' often followed in the very next post by that same person bitching about Mattel 'only making He-Man and Skeletor available and killing MOTU 200X, you guys suck'...

@pow@

Heck you can see that in pretty much any thread about the DC properties now. People bitched about the character selection in wave 1 of DCUC but then threaten to drop the line if it's 'big three' all the time. IH caught a bunch of crap about the first 6 figures being nobodies, JLU catches hell about all the Batman/Superman repaints, etc.

I always get a kick out of the 'A-listers' v 'obscure' character rants people go on.

'OMG WTF why are you guys making characters like Killer Moth??!?! Nobody wants him, he'll pegwarm!' often followed in the very next post by that same person bitching about Mattel 'only making He-Man and Skeletor available and killing MOTU 200X, you guys suck'...

@pow@

Heck you can see that in pretty much any thread about the DC properties now. People bitched about the character selection in wave 1 of DCUC but then threaten to drop the line if it's 'big three' all the time. IH caught a bunch of crap about the first 6 figures being nobodies, JLU catches hell about all the Batman/Superman repaints, etc.

true...but not to the extreme!

I just always think of the Super Powers line. All the big guns in the first series. The other two waves, with no big gun to carry them really, died on the vine. I mean, I think (and did at the time) that figures like Steppenwolf and Mister Miracle and Mantis et al were fantastic, but most kids of that day had no idea who Jack Kirby was, much less those characters.

I think ToyBiz ML and DCUC are pretty evenly matched with the different characters and the amount of figures, but if you factor in the Hasbro ML then DCUC wins hands down.

I disagree. Hasbro released some nice figures as well. there's Rachael Summers Marvel Girl, Thor,She-hulk, Human Torch, Silver Savage, Spiral, Black suited Spiderman to name a few.

Again all 3 companies have their pros and cons. In general each company have their hit and misses, Toybiz - Mystique, Hasbro - Emma Frost, Mattel - Sinestro.

ugh. NO. Hasbro ML figures blow donkey. I don't even consider them into my ML vs DCUC debate. If you count the HML stuff, DCUC might actually be better.

Rachael Marvel Girl is one of the worst ML figures ever... and EVERY DCUC figure kicks her ass.

"Blow donkey." Very classy.

If you were to head over to another forum all you hear is "HASBRO'S TERRIBLE" yet the people saying that are also the ones screaming that the line is dying.

Marvel Legends was great and DCUC will probably be great too. Can we talk about something else now?

what do you suggest we talk about in the DCUC vs. ML thread? the fact is....ML had some serious flops! DCU has some too, but were talkin maybe 3-4 between 8 waves. ML had like 7 or so in between like 6 waves! heres my list.

ML

1.) TOAD. the sculpt was nice, but the articulation sucked! he was also too big, imo.

2.) HULK.(series 1) wack a$$ T crotch with up and down movement only.

3.) THING(series 2/FF boxed set) his leg articulation had a T crotch with movement like an 80s figure, plus he was too big! the thing is only 6'-6'1"....thats a scale issue.

4.) MAGNETO.(wave 3) they used the exact same body that they used for wave 1 ironman...that was just dumb!

5.) WOLVERINE.(wave 3) wasnt he like the biggest fig in the wave? if not, he was still bigger, or big as the other MLs that bios state they were 6'0 or bigger. he's only 5'3-5'5...serious scale issue.

6.) GOLIATH. c'mon.....a 90's cartoon avengers repaint...... T crotch, ant-man, wasp, and all! that was very poor!

7.) ELEKTRA.(wave 4/URBL boxed set) ugly, unable to hold the sais, really wack crotch articulation...the first ML female was a doosey!

8.) SABRETOOTH.(series 5) wasnt he bigger than colossus? another scale issue.

Magneto's head sculpt was amazing

Sabertooth from ML5 is one of the greatest action figures EVER!

Toad wasn't made for ML

Hulk was alright, not horrible

Thing had one of the best face sculpts and paint apps period plus great detailing.

DCUC is almost on par with Hasbro ML( and better in some cases) but both are in no way shape or form on Toy Biz's level.

Until Mattle gives almost every character it's own sculpt, adds 8 or so more points of articulation and increases the paint apps ten fold they will NEVER be on toy biz's level.

you guys should read the book I (heart) Geeks. like my wife said these kind of debate is endless. It's like comparing Apples and Oranges. both have their positives and negatives.

I'm just being grateful that at this time I am able to see the figures that I have never imagined will be manufactured. So eventhough Toybiz, Mattel and Hasbro have their respective flaws. I am glad they are doing us a favor.

Toad wasn't made for ML

Thing had one of the best face sculpts and paint apps period plus great detailing.

DCUC is almost on par with Hasbro ML( and better in some cases) but both are in no way shape or form on Toy Biz's level.

Until Mattle gives almost every character it's own sculpt, adds 8 or so more points of articulation and increases the paint apps ten fold they will NEVER be on toy biz's level.

ML reused bodies a lot too...Namor's, Silver Surfer's, Black Panther's, Bullseye's, Elektra's, etc. I think the thing I would put in Mattel's favor is that the bodies they reuse generally fit the character well. Marvel Legends did too for the most part, but you had a few poor choices like Iron Man for Magneto.

ML

1.) TOAD. the sculpt was nice, but the articulation sucked! he was also too big, imo.

3.) THING(series 2/FF boxed set) his leg articulation had a T crotch with movement like an 80s figure, plus he was too big! the thing is only 6'-6'1"....thats a scale issue.

4.) MAGNETO.(wave 3) they used the exact same body that they used for wave 1 ironman...that was just dumb!

5.) WOLVERINE.(wave 3) wasnt he like the biggest fig in the wave? if not, he was still bigger, or big as the other MLs that bios state they were 6'0 or bigger. he's only 5'3-5'5...serious scale issue.

6.) GOLIATH. c'mon.....a 90's cartoon avengers repaint...... T crotch, ant-man, wasp, and all! that was very poor!

7.) ELEKTRA.(wave 4/URBL boxed set) ugly, unable to hold the sais, really wack crotch articulation...the first ML female was a doosey!

I don't really think it's fair to include Toad and Goliath since they weren't really MLs...and Mattel did the same thing, releasing those crappy Robin/Nightwing/Joker repaints in the DCSH line(and declaring them new Select Sculpt figures on the package).

And no offense, but every action figure line has scale issues, and you're definitely going to have them when you're basing your figures on characters a hundred different artists drew. Sabretooth is generally drawn as a big guy, so the figure is big. And Sabretooth and even the Wave 3 Wolverine aren't as out of scale as:

Mongul - Look at "For the man who has everything" - Mongul's twice as tall as Batman or Superman, figure is way too small

Doomsday - In Infinite Crisis, Green Arrow is shorter than Doomsday's leg, again way too small

Lobo - supposed to be 6 feet in the comics, figure is way too big

Bane - too small

Barda and Sinestro are too small too, though not as bad. Also, Batman Beyond is too big and buff compared to the show's version.

God, I feel nerdy after typing all that.

Sadly, Hasbro seemed to be hitting there stride with the last couple of waves. The Nemesis, Red Hulk, and Ares BAF's are all very cool figures. The newest Daredevil is my favorite DD so far. The latest round of ML Icons are awesome. Mattel is also hitting there stride with wave 6 going forward. Flash and Hawkman are great figures. Toybiz, unfortunately, were seemingly running low on ideas for the last few waves (A local Kmart finally sold their last Lady Deathstrike for $4 about two weeks ago).

I agree that Hasbro was getting better just before the line died, but I don't think Toybiz was getting worse. I mean, Beta Ray Bill, MODOK, Kang and Dragon Man, I love getting awesome figures of semi-obscure characters.

I'm not going to choose one line over the other because it's a matter of taste. I honestly can't say I would enjoy DCUC more if they had Legends style articulation. I do like that DC seems like they are trying to get a wider range of characters out, whereas Hasbro seems insistent on peppering at least half of each wave with redecos and repaints of headliners we already have. I recognize the need for an "anchor" in each wave to appease the retailers, but do you need four? Why don't they produce an obscure character that looks really neat and let some kid find a new fave he might not have even knew existed before. of course that's hypothetical at this point. RIP Legends.

I think the difference with ML is that most of the characters they made multiple versions of had really different costumes. Iron Man and Wolverine have had lots of different looks over the years...Superman, Batman, the Flash, not so much. So once you get past the major ones like Superman Red/Blue, you turn into DC Direct, where you're releasing Batmen and Supermen that have pretty much the same outfits as the other Batmen and Supermen you've released.

And once you add in the other ML scale lines(and you should, there was some great stuff like Hobgoblin and Sandman), I think ML had a wider range of characters than DC has so far. I mean, we got Impossible Man!

ML sucks just like any Marvel character not created by Steve Ditko.

And yet, I still enjoy playing with them! :D

most of you guys bring out great points.

Once again, I don't want to "complain" or "bump my gums" too much, but when DCUC hits about 20 waves deep, then we can talk.

When DCUC switches up the sculpt a little, then we can talk.

When they can ship one full wave of 7 or more figures without screwing the collector, then we can talk.

This is more than just a personal bias. I prefer Marvel, but DC is cool as well, and if this is about being better, DCUC has not arrived there yet.

Mattel just followed a formula the company before it (Toy Biz) laid out.

TB started out with 4 figures a wave, and graduated to a standard of six figs per series, a drawn diorama, a comic book, accessories, AND a BAF piece.

With TB we at least got a major bang for our buck. If you are going to re-use the same mold for a body OVER AND OVER AGAIN, can Black Lightning actually come with some lightning???

Could Shazam come with a lightning bolt? Superman with some heat vision effects? (Mattel did one for its JLU line)

I could ask for similar help with the Atom (I guess Gentleman Ghost gets his leftovers), Captain Atom, and all the QC issues that Mattel has.

as for scale issues, Sinestro, Captain Cold, Lobo, Big Barda, and Doomsday have been discussed to death.

Now how cock diesel should Mr. Miracle be? Batman Beyond? How tall and wide is Solomon Grundy? Awesome figure, but about an inch or soo too big! Atoms Smasher should be taller than Grundy as well.

Wonder Woman is pretty slick, but her ams are too slim. Mongul should be bigger. And on the real, Gorilla Grodd was half-heartedly done. Grodd has almost nolegs movement, adn he is supposed to have a very unique faciallook. The toy just looks like a goriall with that was rejected from King Kong outakes, walking around with wires attached to him.

Once again, I got love for DCUC, but they have a way to go before they beat ML.

I think ToyBiz ML and DCUC are pretty evenly matched with the different characters and the amount of figures, but if you factor in the Hasbro ML then DCUC wins hands down.

I disagree. Hasbro released some nice figures as well. there's Rachael Summers Marvel Girl, Thor,She-hulk, Human Torch, Silver Savage, Spiral, Black suited Spiderman to name a few.

Again all 3 companies have their pros and cons. In general each company have their hit and misses, Toybiz - Mystique, Hasbro - Emma Frost, Mattel - Sinestro.

ugh. NO. Hasbro ML figures blow donkey. I don't even consider them into my ML vs DCUC debate. If you count the HML stuff, DCUC might actually be better.

Rachael Marvel Girl is one of the worst ML figures ever... and EVERY DCUC figure kicks her ass.

"Blow donkey." Very classy.

If you were to head over to another forum all you hear is "HASBRO'S TERRIBLE" yet the people saying that are also the ones screaming that the line is dying.

Marvel Legends was great and DCUC will probably be great too. Can we talk about something else now?

what do you suggest we talk about in the DCUC vs. ML thread? the fact is....ML had some serious flops! DCU has some too, but were talkin maybe 3-4 between 8 waves. ML had like 7 or so in between like 6 waves! heres my list.

ML

Toad wasn't made for ML

yet you managed to dance around the scale issues....great!

what does magneto's head have to do with anything?....NOTHING!

what does sabretooth being the best fig have to do with scale?......NOTHING!

what does any of those comments have to do with the point.......NOTHING!

Toad wasn't made for ML

ML reused bodies a lot too...Namor's, Silver Surfer's, Black Panther's, Bullseye's, Elektra's, etc. I think the thing I would put in Mattel's favor is that the bodies they reuse generally fit the character well. Marvel Legends did too for the most part, but you had a few poor choices like Iron Man for Magneto.

ML

I don't really think it's fair to include Toad and Goliath since they weren't really MLs...and Mattel did the same thing, releasing those crappy Robin/Nightwing/Joker repaints in the DCSH line(and declaring them new Select Sculpt figures on the package).

And no offense, but every action figure line has scale issues, and you're definitely going to have them when you're basing your figures on characters a hundred different artists drew. Sabretooth is generally drawn as a big guy, so the figure is big. And Sabretooth and even the Wave 3 Wolverine aren't as out of scale as:

Mongul - Look at "For the man who has everything" - Mongul's twice as tall as Batman or Superman, figure is way too small

Doomsday - In Infinite Crisis, Green Arrow is shorter than Doomsday's leg, again way too small

Bane - too small

Barda and Sinestro are too small too, though not as bad. Also, Batman Beyond is too big and buff compared to the show's version.

...and a hundred different artist didnt draw DC characters?

first....you cant look at mongul on a damned cartoon and say that he isnt comic accurate. they have a cartoon line of figs.

second.... i can show you about 10 pics that show barda as being shorter than mr.miracle.... as i have shown in other threads.

third....i dont care what line toad or goliath was made for....it says ML on the package...so its ML! plus...youre doing the same thing by bringing up doomsday, or any of the DCSH figs for that matter.

fourth...batman beyond isnt from the cartoon! its from the one-shot where bruce wayne wore the suit.

fifth....bane isnt too small.....hes a man! look at his bio..

sixth....the point is....ML F**CKED UP major at least 8 major characters in about 6 waves. that aint good. wolvey being the same size as ironman IS really out of scale! just as sabretooth being a giant is really out of scale too.

Once again, I don't want to "complain" or "bump my gums" too much, but when DCUC hits about 20 waves deep, then we can talk.

When they can ship one full wave of 7 or more figures without screwing the collector, then we can talk.

This is more than just a personal bias. I prefer Marvel, but DC is cool as well, and if this is about being better, DCUC has not arrived there yet.

TB started out with 4 figures a wave, and graduated to a standard of six figs per series, a drawn diorama, a comic book, accessories, AND a BAF piece.

With TB we at least got a major bang for our buck. If you are going to re-use the same mold for a body OVER AND OVER AGAIN, can Black Lightning actually come with some lightning???

Could Shazam come with a lightning bolt? Superman with some heat vision effects? (Mattel did one for its JLU line)

I could ask for similar help with the Atom (I guess Gentleman Ghost gets his leftovers), Captain Atom, and all the QC issues that Mattel has.

as for scale issues, Sinestro, Captain Cold, Lobo, Big Barda, and Doomsday have been discussed to death.

Now how cock diesel should Mr. Miracle be? Batman Beyond? How tall and wide is Solomon Grundy? Awesome figure, but about an inch or soo too big! Atoms Smasher should be taller than Grundy as well.

Wonder Woman is pretty slick, but her ams are too slim. Mongul should be bigger. And on the real, Gorilla Grodd was half-heartedly done. Grodd has almost nolegs movement, adn he is supposed to have a very unique faciallook. The toy just looks like a goriall with that was rejected from King Kong outakes, walking around with wires attached to him.

dude... ML has half crap and half something else. fact is...ML had a lot of scale issues, paint issues, over articulation issues, shipping issues, loose joint issues.....i just dont see the room to call ML better. grundy has been drawn huge and small! you act as if you didnt know that in some books grundy has been weak as a man, and in others, hes strong as supes. obviously you guys have never read the one-shot batman beyond with b.wayne. mongul is not super huge....hes fine. wonder woman was built like a woman....no problem there. mr.mircale used the same body b.manta used...perfect! dude, you ML goers need to read more DC comics before running up. i dont mean to offend ANYBODY, but, you guys dont seem to know very much about the different ways that these characters have been dipicted in a lot of the books. im not making any excuses, because if a figure isnt right, it just isnt right. but you guys are TRYING to find mistakes, and a lot of you dont even have accurate knowlege to go on.(not you BIG BEAR) i hear people compairing the cartoon drawings to comic drawings and everything!

dude... ML has half crap and half something else. fact is...ML had a lot of scale issues, paint issues, over articulation issues, shipping issues, loose joint issues.....i just dont see the room to call ML better. grundy has been drawn huge and small! you act as if you didnt know that in some books grundy has been weak as a man, and in others, hes strong as supes. obviously you guys have never read the one-shot batman beyond with b.wayne. mongul is not super huge....hes fine. wonder woman was built like a woman....no problem there. mr.mircale used the same body b.manta used...perfect! dude, you ML goers need to read more DC comics before running up. i dont mean to offend ANYBODY, but, you guys dont seem to know very much about the different ways that these characters have been dipicted in a lot of the books. im not making any excuses, because if a figure isnt right, it just isnt right. but you guys are TRYING to find mistakes, and a lot of you dont even have accurate knowlege to go on.(not you BIG BEAR) i hear people compairing the cartoon drawings to comic drawings and everything!

I have to agree with Pood. I think there are some posters who are nitpicking DCUC and overlooking the issues that ML has. Both lines are not perfect.

As for scale, both lines suffer from it, not just DC universe classics. When Ml1 Hulk came out, ppl b*tched about how small he is despite he was in scale. Now, almost all the Hulk toys being made are out of scale but are overlooked by fans because Hulk is drawn bigger in the comics. As for Grundy, he too is draawn big and small, dependin on who is drawing him. In his first appearance, Grundy is depicted as a giant on the cover. Yet, ppl complain him being too large and wide.

Since ppl have mentioned scale problems in DC, I will mention scale problems in ML.

ML3 Wolverine, Hulk Classics Abomination, ML Onslaught, ML toad, ML Baron Zemo, Manthing, ML Sasquash, ML Ironfist, ML Cable, F4 Dragonman, Hulk Bruce Banner, almost all the Hasbro ML figures, etc

If you use scale as a problem in DC, surely you have to also acknowledge the same issues in Marvel Legends. I mean, there are some figures that were depicted as over 8 feet but are shorten for the ML line.

I would not focus on the scale issue as a way to say the ML line is better than the DC line esp. how the ML series also suffers from the same problems

ML's scale issues are few and far between but at least they attempted scale. Every single DCUC figure is the same size because it's the same figure.

In fact the only serious crime Toy Biz commited was making Modular Iron Man so short. All the other little too tall or too short mistakes are forgivable.

ML's scale issues are few and far between but at least they attempted scale. Every single DCUC figure is the same size because it's the same figure.

In fact the only serious crime Toy Biz commited was making Modular Iron Man so short. All the other little too tall or too short mistakes are forgivable.

So wrong.

Every single DCUC figure is the same size because it's the same figure.

Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Woman, Barda, and Sinestro (to name a few) do not have the same body type as Superman.

Only if you don't count Lady Deathstrike or FO DDs overly huge shoulders joints.

Both ML (TB and Hasbro) and DCUC/DCSH have their bad figs. But both have way more good figs than bad. And frankly, only DCUC seems to be making figs. Moreover, DCUC isn't focusing on their three main characters (WW, Bats, and Supes).

but not with DCU, right?.... you are so full of it!

Toad wasn't made for ML

ML

Bane - too small

first....you cant look at mongul on a damned cartoon and say that he isnt comic accurate. they have a cartoon line of figs.

second.... i can show you about 10 pics that show barda as being shorter than mr.miracle.... as i have shown in other threads.

third....i dont care what line toad or goliath was made for....it says ML on the package...so its ML! plus...youre doing the same thing by bringing up doomsday, or any of the DCSH figs for that matter.

fourth...batman beyond isnt from the cartoon! its from the one-shot where bruce wayne wore the suit.

sixth....the point is....ML F**CKED UP major at least 8 major characters in about 6 waves. that aint good. wolvey being the same size as ironman IS really out of scale! just as sabretooth being a giant is really out of scale too.

Umm...cartoon? What are you talking about? "For The Man Who Has Everything" is a comic book by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, the team who did the comic Watchmen. Here's a scan, plus one of Doomsday, I've been meaning to scan these for awhile to show why I want Mongul and Doomsday BAFs:

Mongul.jpg

Doomsday.jpg

And just FYI, there's a homage to that picture of Mongul in Infinite Crisis #1 with Mongul's son. So both classic Mongul and Mongul Jr are supposed to be that big.

Now do you really think Sabretooth is as out-of-scale as those figures are? Galactus and Onslaught, maybe, but not any other ML.

And I consider DCSH part of the DCUC line, just like I consider the Spider-Man/FF/X-Men/Hulk lines part of Marvel Legends. A lot of the DCSH figures(Darkseid, Bizarro, Batgirl, Steel) are as good as or better than any DCUC.

I know Grundy has been drawn different sizes...that's why I didn't say anything about Grundy. What I'm saying is that Sabretooth, the Incredible Hulk, and other Marvel characters have been drawn different sizes too.

And seriously, are you saying I'm not nerdy enough or something? @loll@ I read DC comics, more than Marvel to be honest. I know how big the characters are drawn. And I can tell the difference between a Terry McGinnis head sculpt and a Bruce Wayne headsculpt. If that's supposed to be Bruce Wayne(and if it is, why does it say Terry McGinnis on the back of the package?), then it's a terrible headsculpt that looks nothing like him.

I have to agree with Pood. I think there are some posters who are nitpicking DCUC and overlooking the issues that ML has. Both lines are not perfect.

As for scale, both lines suffer from it, not just DC universe classics. When Ml1 Hulk came out, ppl b*tched about how small he is despite he was in scale. Now, almost all the Hulk toys being made are out of scale but are overlooked by fans because Hulk is drawn bigger in the comics. As for Grundy, he too is draawn big and small, dependin on who is drawing him. In his first appearance, Grundy is depicted as a giant on the cover. Yet, ppl complain him being too large and wide.

Since ppl have mentioned scale problems in DC, I will mention scale problems in ML.

ML3 Wolverine, Hulk Classics Abomination, ML Onslaught, ML toad, ML Baron Zemo, Manthing, ML Sasquash, ML Ironfist, ML Cable, F4 Dragonman, Hulk Bruce Banner, almost all the Hasbro ML figures, etc

If you use scale as a problem in DC, surely you have to also acknowledge the same issues in Marvel Legends. I mean, there are some figures that were depicted as over 8 feet but are shorten for the ML line.

I would not focus on the scale issue as a way to say the ML line is better than the DC line esp. how the ML series also suffers from the same problems

You're missing my point. The other guy was talking about scale issues in ML first...I was just trying to point out that both lines have that problem. I'm well aware that ML has scale issues....just look at Galactus. :P

My point was stated in my first post: any line has scale issues(look at Star Wars, LOTR, Transformers, or any pro wrestling line), especially when you're dealing with characters that have been drawn by a hundred different artists with different styles. That's all I'm trying to say.

all of the Wolverine figures that were made for Marvel Legends had a nice scale to them.

that would include ML6, ML11, and ML12 wolverine... the others were not made for ML

all of the Wolverine figures that were made for Marvel Legends had a nice scale to them.

that would include ML6, ML11, and ML12 wolverine... the others were not made for ML

thats a lie. you act as if we didnt have tose figs too.

You're missing my point. The other guy was talking about scale issues in ML first...I was just trying to point out that both lines have that problem. I'm well aware that ML has scale issues....just look at Galactus. :P

My point was stated in my first post: any line has scale issues(look at Star Wars, LOTR, Transformers, or any pro wrestling line), especially when you're dealing with characters that have been drawn by a hundred different artists with different styles. That's all I'm trying to say.

i wouldnt call galactus a scale issue unless they were going to make him Yao Ming size.

Toad wasn't made for ML

ML

Bane - too small

Umm...cartoon? What are you talking about? "For The Man Who Has Everything" is a comic book by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, the team who did the comic Watchmen. Here's a scan, plus one of Doomsday, I've been meaning to scan these for awhile to show why I want Mongul and Doomsday BAFs:

Mongul.jpg

Doomsday.jpg

And just FYI, there's a homage to that picture of Mongul in Infinite Crisis #1 with Mongul's son. So both classic Mongul and Mongul Jr are supposed to be that big.

Now do you really think Sabretooth is as out-of-scale as those figures are? Galactus and Onslaught, maybe, but not any other ML.

And I consider DCSH part of the DCUC line, just like I consider the Spider-Man/FF/X-Men/Hulk lines part of Marvel Legends. A lot of the DCSH figures(Darkseid, Bizarro, Batgirl, Steel) are as good as or better than any DCUC.

I know Grundy has been drawn different sizes...that's why I didn't say anything about Grundy. What I'm saying is that Sabretooth, the Incredible Hulk, and other Marvel characters have been drawn different sizes too.

And seriously, are you saying I'm not nerdy enough or something? @loll@ I read DC comics, more than Marvel to be honest. I know how big the characters are drawn. And I can tell the difference between a Terry McGinnis head sculpt and a Bruce Wayne headsculpt. If that's supposed to be Bruce Wayne(and if it is, why does it say Terry McGinnis on the back of the package?), then it's a terrible headsculpt that looks nothing like him.

1.) the Batman beyond figure was supposed to be bruce. that was the reason mattel gave us for releasing a cartoon fig in a comic line.....blame them. from what i understand, the terry headed variant, and the new card bio was decided on when they decided the fig wouldnt come with the wings.

2.) im going to post 3 pics i found of mongul being slightly taller than supes.

3.) because you consider DCSH to be DCUC doesnt make it so. they knew dcsh was messed up, thats why theyre redoing or have already re done MOST of the dcsh line.

4. sabretooth is not, or ever will be a big as that ML 5 fig is(compared to other figs.) since when has sabe been as big as colossus?

GROUP2.jpg

and look at him next to the super big wolvy

SABRETOOTH_comic.jpg

at this point marvel legends is basically on life support / boderline dead. dcuc is going strong. if you compare to the glory days of toybiz they win. as of right now dcuc is better. the figures are fantastic but they have the same issues as ml figures (sloppy paint, joints etc).

hasbro basically got rid of them for the joe size heroes. they save on plastic and charge almost the same price.

not done....this kills that doomsday was huge all the time crap...... dont look that big to me!

untitled.jpg

lets get kid flash out of the way, seeing everyone has forgotten that he has been a kid before he grew up...

kid20flash.jpg

im so sick of hearing about barda's size....

764683-bigbarda01_super.jpg

and for the grundy haters......

SolomonGrundy04.jpg

look at how small sinestro looks. look at his legs and all...

untitled-3.jpg