DCUC vs ML

Rowdy26

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to argue with a simple fool because people from a distance can't who's who.(Marvel:GREATNESS, DC:Pansys)

Spectacular Spidey and Wolverine and the X-Men OWN Justice Garbage Unlimted.

JLA New Frontier and Wonder Woman are also much worse than every Lions Gate Marvel Movie DVD

Clart Kent is a TOOL. Not Cool.

Thats right DARK KNIGHT! ONE great DC movie.

Marvel KILLS DC in money made from movies and the quality of them.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 OWN the simple as hell Supey movies. Spider-Man ripped off Superman's plot... RIIGGGHHTTTTT.

The only single reason DC didn't almost go bankrupt was because the great Ted Turner owned it. DC LOST lots of money but it didn't matter because it was a LOW LEVEL Time Warner brand.

WCW brought in WAY MORE money for Turner than lil' DC did in the mid 90's.

Dude at this point your comments are laughable, no one in their right mind would say any Marvel cartoon is better than JLU, and yes the Spidey movies did copy. Spiderman one is almost a direct rip, Spiderman 2 even more, Supes lost his powers in 2 and guess what so did Spidey.

Seriously though, he is right about one thing, DC fans are like the Democrats when Bush stole the election. DC fans DO NOT stand up against the Marvel machine, which is a problem because we have the better product.

Also one last thing, can anyone tell me which line lasted longer, Justice League or Marvel Legends??

I'm not going to argue with a simple fool because people from a distance can't who's who.(Marvel:GREATNESS, DC:Pansys)

JLA New Frontier and Wonder Woman are also much worse than every Lions Gate Marvel Movie DVD

Spider-Man 1 and 2 OWN the simple as hell Supey movies. Spider-Man ripped off Superman's plot... RIIGGGHHTTTTT.

The only single reason DC didn't almost go bankrupt was because the great Ted Turner owned it. DC LOST lots of money but it didn't matter because it was a LOW LEVEL Time Warner brand.

Dude at this point your comments are laughable, no one in their right mind would say any Marvel cartoon is better than JLU, and yes the Spidey movies did copy. Spiderman one is almost a direct rip, Spiderman 2 even more, Supes lost his powers in 2 and guess what so did Spidey.

Seriously though, he is right about one thing, DC fans are like the Democrats when Bush stole the election. DC fans DO NOT stand up against the Marvel machine, which is a problem because we have the better product.

Also one last thing, can anyone tell me which line lasted longer, Justice League or Marvel Legends??

you dont have to stand up for something good. look at it this way. people who have to point out facts, or parade around trying to crap on one thing, and up-lift the next are standing up for "something good" right there! if somethings better than the other, do you actually have to say it? if marvel was that much better than DC, then why put DC down? see, a lot of marvel fans would love for DC to be like top-cow or something....but its not. ive heard every DC hater excuse from the characters being too strong, to the fact that DC doesnt incorperate real life in to the books! i could care less if my favorite character's singing a well known song, or happens to be watching american idol...it doesnt make me like one better than the other. as far as movies go....DC has some crappers! marvel has just as many!

crappy DC movies

steel

batman and robin

batman forever

superman returns

v is for vendetta

cat-woman

the spirit

marvel crappy movies

blade

blade 3

spiderman 3

fantastic four 2

x-men

x-men 3

hulk

ghostrider

elektra

daredevil

howard the duck

the punisher (dolph)

the punisher (jane)

man-thing

you dont have to stand up for something good. look at it this way. people who have to point out facts, or parade around trying to crap on one thing, and up-lift the next are standing up for "something good" right there! if somethings better than the other, do you actually have to say it? if marvel was that much better than DC, then why put DC down? see, a lot of marvel fans would love for DC to be like top-cow or something....but its not. ive heard every DC hater excuse from the characters being too strong, to the fact that DC doesnt incorperate real life in to the books! i could care less if my favorite character's singing a well known song, or happens to be watching american idol...it doesnt make me like one better than the other. as far as movies go....DC has some crappers! marvel has just as many!

crappy DC movies

steel

batman and robin

batman forever

superman returns

v is for vendetta

cat-woman

the spirit

marvel crappy movies

blade

blade 3

spiderman 3

fantastic four 2

x-men

x-men 3

hulk

ghostrider

elektra

daredevil

howard the duck

the punisher (dolph)

the punisher (jane)

man-thing

Whoa whoa whoa, Blade a crappy movie? Common now Pooda, lets not say things we can't take back. If anything, I think Blade was just before its time. The graphics are a little bad and some of the dialog is rough, but it gave us a look at vampires we hadn't seen on the big screen yet.

DC has its strong points and weak points, just like Marvel, so a hypothetical arugment of which company is better isn't very feasible since there is no clearly defined way of saying whats better. The figures, which is what matters on this board, suffer from the same affliction, so I think we should set some parameters that can be a little more fact based:

Availability

Character Selection

Articulation

Sculpt

Longevity

Quaility Issues

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head, but I think these should be taken into consideration when making a choice. Ultimately, it comes down to what you want and what you like, be it Batman or Wolverine.

crappy DC movies

steel

batman and robin

batman forever

superman returns

v is for vendetta

cat-woman

the spirit

marvel crappy movies

blade

blade 3

spiderman 3

fantastic four 2

x-men

x-men 3

hulk

ghostrider

elektra

daredevil

howard the duck

the punisher (dolph)

the punisher (jane)

man-thing

Whoa whoa whoa, Blade a crappy movie? Common now Pooda, lets not say things we can't take back. If anything, I think Blade was just before its time. The graphics are a little bad and some of the dialog is rough, but it gave us a look at vampires we hadn't seen on the big screen yet.

DC has its strong points and weak points, just like Marvel, so a hypothetical arugment of which company is better isn't very feasible since there is no clearly defined way of saying whats better. The figures, which is what matters on this board, suffer from the same affliction, so I think we should set some parameters that can be a little more fact based:

Availability

Character Selection

Articulation

Sculpt

Longevity

Quaility Issues

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head, but I think these should be taken into consideration when making a choice. Ultimately, it comes down to what you want and what you like, be it Batman or Wolverine.

blade 1 and 3 were trash, bro.

crappy DC movies

steel

batman and robin

batman forever

superman returns

v is for vendetta

cat-woman

the spirit

marvel crappy movies

blade

blade 3

spiderman 3

fantastic four 2

x-men

x-men 3

hulk

ghostrider

elektra

daredevil

howard the duck

the punisher (dolph)

the punisher (jane)

man-thing

Availability

Character Selection

Articulation

Sculpt

Longevity

Quaility Issues

You left out cost, but yes, that's what we should be arguing.

crappy DC movies

steel

batman and robin

batman forever

superman returns

v is for vendetta

cat-woman

the spirit

marvel crappy movies

blade

blade 3

spiderman 3

fantastic four 2

x-men

x-men 3

hulk

ghostrider

elektra

daredevil

howard the duck

the punisher (dolph)

the punisher (jane)

man-thing

I liked V. You forgot about Superman 3 and 4. They blew chunks. You can add the Wolverine movie to the list of Marvel movies.

In any case, none of this has anything to do with ML vs DCUC.

crappy DC movies

steel

batman and robin

batman forever

superman returns

v is for vendetta

cat-woman

the spirit

marvel crappy movies

blade

blade 3

spiderman 3

fantastic four 2

x-men

x-men 3

hulk

ghostrider

elektra

daredevil

howard the duck

the punisher (dolph)

the punisher (jane)

man-thing

I liked V. You forgot about Superman 3 and 4. They blew chunks. You can add the Wolverine movie to the list of Marvel movies.

Started a new thread for the Marvel vs DC movie debate

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2063158

Look, for what it's worth to me ML was the end all and be all of action figures for a long time. Then the quality and availablity started to turn things and now I can't remember the last time I bought a ML. A year ago, all I could think about was Fin Fang Foom, but now I've got little to no interest in the line (probably because there is no line to have an interest in) While I would like to buy more DCUC, they are hard to come by especially since they don't sell them at Walmart (I did manage to find a Mr Miracle last night after searching for DCUC all year) My favorite is which ever figure I can find on the shelves...

So I guess for me right now it would have to be MOTUC!

POO you are the most bias poster on these boards. You parade your false opinion like it is fact, but it's really wack homie, lol.

You say this then proceed to slobber on Marvel's knob for several paragraphs, the same as you do every time.

Hilarious.

I'm a Marvel fan, though I do also enjoy DC from time to time. Marvel Legends are overall an awesome line of action figures that seriously raised the bar for what consumers expect from their toys. This is similar in a way to how Marvel comics raised the bar for main stream story telling in a comic. Obivously ML has had some very crappy figures, but the concept is great and there are a lot of truly excellent figures. Hopefully the line is going to continue some how, perhaps as 2-packs exclusive to Toys R Us.

DCUC is also an impressive line, with much more consistant quality, though perhaps not as innovative or detailed as the better ML figures. As far as availability goes, I haven't seen much of waves 5, 6 or 7 at retail. There are a couple of wave 2 and wave 4 figures hanging on the pegs at my local stores.

As far as cartoons, Justice League was great. I'm enjoying the new Wolverine cartoon but I wish there were more episodes. Most comic book movies, whether Marvel or DC, have been flawed. The last two Batmans were great and so was Iron Man. Which company has had more duds or hits? I don't know and it really doesn't matter. I hope they're all great because I'm a fan of super-hero movies.

crappy DC movies

steel

batman and robin

batman forever

superman returns

v is for vendetta

cat-woman

the spirit

marvel crappy movies

blade

blade 3

spiderman 3

fantastic four 2

x-men

x-men 3

hulk

ghostrider

elektra

daredevil

howard the duck

the punisher (dolph)

the punisher (jane)

man-thing

Availability

Character Selection

Articulation

Sculpt

Longevity

Quaility Issues

blade 1 and 3 were trash, bro.

But....blade 3 had a vampire pomeranian... @firedevil@ You know I still cant look the same way at my Neighbors dog after that...lol.

I'm still trying to figure out why people have this need to establish something as being "better" than something else?

I mean, its clearly a juvenile trait that is part of finding one's identity in the world, but I mean........c'mon......with toys?

Isn't it enough for a person to simply choose what they like from BOTH sets of toys, and just ignore the rest?

Buying a toy that you like MORE doesn't make you any better than the next person, so why ridicule someone for it in the first place?

I'm a Marvel fan, though I do also enjoy DC from time to time. Marvel Legends are overall an awesome line of action figures that seriously raised the bar for what consumers expect from their toys. This is similar in a way to how Marvel comics raised the bar for main stream story telling in a comic. Obivously ML has had some very crappy figures, but the concept is great and there are a lot of truly excellent figures. Hopefully the line is going to continue some how, perhaps as 2-packs exclusive to Toys R Us.

DCUC is also an impressive line, with much more consistant quality, though perhaps not as innovative or detailed as the better ML figures. As far as availability goes, I haven't seen much of waves 5, 6 or 7 at retail. There are a couple of wave 2 and wave 4 figures hanging on the pegs at my local stores.

I agree with a lot of this, tho I think you are overlooking the cool as hell hip joints on DCUC/DCSH figs. Way easier to pose than ML ball joints (tho maybe not as flexible for a Spidey type character) and they look like actual hips instead of balls. Otherwise, I agree.

My only real complaint with DCUC is the availability...and that now goes for ML as well.

crappy DC movies

steel

batman and robin

batman forever

superman returns

v is for vendetta

cat-woman

the spirit

marvel crappy movies

blade

blade 3

spiderman 3

fantastic four 2

x-men

x-men 3

hulk

ghostrider

elektra

daredevil

howard the duck

the punisher (dolph)

the punisher (jane)

man-thing

true in every way. (wolvey was okay though)

POO you are the most bias poster on these boards. You parade your false opinion like it is fact, but it's really wack homie, lol.

You say this then proceed to slobber on Marvel's knob for several paragraphs, the same as you do every time.

Hilarious.

hey!...he's good at it! #yuk@#

You forgot to mention the evil Spider-Man-wasn't there an evil Superman? Next up: The Nuclear Spider-Man!

I was thinking the exact opposite. Marvel fans are the Democrats: They're in power, do the exact same things as the other group but pass it off as different and fresh and there's that fringe group of followers who can't form an argument and when they get slapped down spew out insults. PANSIES! JUSTICE GARBAGE!

I believe this is all my fault. Sorry. :wacko:

I'm still trying to figure out why people have this need to establish something as being "better" than something else?

I mean, its clearly a juvenile trait that is part of finding one's identity in the world, but I mean........c'mon......with toys?

Isn't it enough for a person to simply choose what they like from BOTH sets of toys, and just ignore the rest?

Buying a toy that you like MORE doesn't make you any better than the next person, so why ridicule someone for it in the first place?

Arrow I know you and I exchanged words, sometimes things get rough in intelligent, robust debate. Then a lot of us got completely sidetracked.

You are right, collect what you want. I collect the best of both worlds but I happen to like DC better and I'm not going to let stupid people (and I don't mean you) jump on me and call me biased because of it.

You are right, collect what you want. I collect the best of both worlds but I happen to like DC better and I'm not going to let stupid people (and I don't mean you) jump on me and call me biased because of it.

But you are biased.

And that is good!

And anyone jumping on you for it IS stupid, imo.

Taste and preference are such a personal thing that its impossible for someone else to tell you that you are wrong. That is what bias is!

In my case, I like Marvel more, but I identify with a certain number of DC characters--I started reading comics by latching onto Batman and Superman titles.

I have about 90% of the Marvel Legends roster in my collection, but once I get around to putting my figures on display again, I'm going to put out ONLY the characters I give a damn about, even though I have plenty of characters I bought simply to build a BAF, or because they were "nice" figures.

There's more than a few I'm very "bleh" about.

No X-23, no Xorn, no Deadpool etc.-pretty much just "classic" 80's era and before characters.

I'll also be displaying the DCUC stuff I have, essentially the classic 70's/early 80's JLA and such.

I am biased toward those.

My geeky fan-thing is to do my own Marvel vs DC display.

Who's to tell me that kind of thing is stupid or not? Its not their display, its mine...and mine to do as I please.

That's why its..........frankly.........nuts.....to say one is better than the other, because NEITHER can be better or worse than the other, except in each our own minds.

No-one can field ANY reasons to disqualify that, no matter how hard they try.

You forgot to mention the evil Spider-Man-wasn't there an evil Superman? Next up: The Nuclear Spider-Man!

I was thinking the exact opposite. Marvel fans are the Democrats: They're in power, do the exact same things as the other group but pass it off as different and fresh and there's that fringe group of followers who can't form an argument and when they get slapped down spew out insults. PANSIES! JUSTICE GARBAGE!

Since when did the Democratic party became an insult? Just that I think folks are bringin unrelated issues like movies and politics. This isn't about Marvel films vs dc films(there is another thread for that,) but ML vs DCUC

Since when did the Democratic party became an insult? Just that I think folks are bringin unrelated issues like movies and politics. This isn't about Marvel films vs dc films(there is another thread for that,) but ML vs DCUC

church.

I agree since this seems like to evolve into a "l like ML over than DCUC, which means I am better than you" as oppose to "Even though I like Toybiz's Marvel legends line, I think the DCUC is still pretty good"

BTW, l prefer DCUC over ML