DCUC vs ML

Rowdy26

As always ARROW shows up and tells it exactly as it is. That guy must get tired of always being right. DC fan boys are NOTORIOUS for having inferiority complex because deep down they know DC is the second tier company and always will be second rate. They always bring thinnest arguments that have very little ground. DC fan boys should be happy with what they are and not pretend that their team is #1. My favorite basketball team is the Dallas Mavericks but I don't sit here and pretend we can beat the Lakers in a best of 7.

Dude you don't argue with real DC fans, you fuss with the lowly punks, What is sooo great about Marvel? The comics suck, only good read in Marvel is Hulk, everything else is redundant crap, marvel heroes are like an episode of Friends in tights. You say DC is a second tier company but the fact is that DC has survived all those blasts over the years and people who want quality read DC. Last time Marvel was good was in the 90's during Jim Lee's run and even then it got boring real fast, before long I was back to DC. Marvel made tons of money with special covers and crap. In the end Superman is better than Spiderman, DC Comics are better than and Marvel, and DCUC is better than Marvel Legends!

I sure wish I could be seduced by a 90's cartoon and then claim that Marvel is the best overall,.....whatever

Dude, Loeb's Hulk is one of the worst comics right now. New Avengers is great, Old Man Logan is awesome, Brubaker's Cap and DD books are also great. Pak's stuff is good too. As is the Cable and X-Force books.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always ARROW shows up and tells it exactly as it is. That guy must get tired of always being right. DC fan boys are NOTORIOUS for having inferiority complex because deep down they know DC is the second tier company and always will be second rate. They always bring thinnest arguments that have very little ground. DC fan boys should be happy with what they are and not pretend that their team is #1. My favorite basketball team is the Dallas Mavericks but I don't sit here and pretend we can beat the Lakers in a best of 7.

Dude you don't argue with real DC fans, you fuss with the lowly punks, What is sooo great about Marvel? The comics suck, only good read in Marvel is Hulk, everything else is redundant crap, marvel heroes are like an episode of Friends in tights. You say DC is a second tier company but the fact is that DC has survived all those blasts over the years and people who want quality read DC. Last time Marvel was good was in the 90's during Jim Lee's run and even then it got boring real fast, before long I was back to DC. Marvel made tons of money with special covers and crap. In the end Superman is better than Spiderman, DC Comics are better than and Marvel, and DCUC is better than Marvel Legends!

I sure wish I could be seduced by a 90's cartoon and then claim that Marvel is the best overall,.....whatever

HAHAHAHAHAHA What a pathetic joke. "Last time Marvel was good was in the 90's" Yes the mid 90's were know for such greatness, LOL. That was considered to be the worst era in Marvel's history. DC IS SECOND RATE TO MARVEL IN EVERY CATEGORY. ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE. Go look at who sells the most books every month. Marvel DOMINATES!!! BTW Wizard ranked Spider-Man ahead of Superman and Wolverine ahead of Batman on the 200 Greatest Characters EVER list. REALITY.

I did that list off the top of my head, give me a break.

I mentioned Giant-Man so maybe you should learn how to read more carefully.

I also mentioned Modular Iron Man from the Face-Off line so again maybe you should learn how to read more carefully.

If you want me to read more carefully, then why do you take the time to be more thorough.

Works both ways, doesn't it?

Never had House of H or the Monsters set, though I didn't hear anyone rave about them. The Monsters figures were mostly used parts, weren't they? Oh that's right, only DCUC does that.

So you dismiss stuff you've never owned or have even seen up close? How does that work?

I suggest you take the time to either get some of these figures, or at least hold the set in your hand to look them over, or seek out on the excellent on-line reviews on these sets.

The Monsters set was not entirely re-use, iirc only Dracula feature re-use from another figure, the others were all-original sculpts.

I think that your assessments could stand some reassessment.

I said "Giant-Man" right in the sentence. I can't be more clear than that. G-I-A-N-T M-A-N. Excellent figure. And it's not my job to explain to you which one Modular Iron Man is.

I did have the Monsters and the House of M figures in my hand...for about 15 seconds. Looked at them, wasn't impressed. Read the reviews, still wasn't impressed. BTW Frankenstein was based on an Absorbing Man body. I didn't even have to buy the figures to know that.

And did take the time to collect these figures. Twice. And I sold them. Twice. So I think I have a good idea about the majority of the ML figures and what they have to offer.

The only people in this forum with an inferiority complex are people typing in bold.

I never said DC was No. 1 and I never said Marvel was No. 1. I have clearly stated that each company has aspects that are better in different mediums. Did you get that? Or do I have to put it in bold for you?

And for the record my basketball team is #1.

And I'm not knocking Marvel Legends. A lot of great stuff came out of that line. But you make it sound like it's one of the greatest toy lines of all time. Not. Even. Close. And if it wasn't for Super Powers NONE OF THESE FIGURES would have ever existed!

Actually, you are not looking far enough back.

The idea of the Kenner Superpowers Collection has a precedent, in a toy-line of even more depth and scope:

The Mego Superheroes line.

If it hadn't have been for the Mego toys, and the idea of a broad based assortment of superhero characters in one line, none of the lines that followed would have happened quite the way they did.

Mego set the stage for everything that came after it.

I thought about Mego, but really Super Powers had some great figures plus the action features. Literally putting the "action" back in action figure.

HAHAHAHAHAHA What a pathetic joke. "Last time Marvel was good was in the 90's" Yes the mid 90's were know for such greatness, LOL. That was considered to be the worst era in Marvel's history. DC IS SECOND RATE TO MARVEL IN EVERY CATEGORY. ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE. Go look at who sells the most books every month. Marvel DOMINATES!!! BTW Wizard ranked Spider-Man ahead of Superman and Wolverine ahead of Batman on the 200 Greatest Characters EVER list. REALITY.

I believe I'm quoting Frank Miller when I say "Wizard is a Bible written by Satan". I read that magazine for 15 years and the last three were pop culture garbage. REALITY.

Lady Jaye this is exactly the type of person I was talking about. The type of fan who will tell me Nick Fury starring David Hasselhoff was better than The Dark Knight. The type of fan that will tell me that Avengers cartoon without Cap, Iron Man and Thor was better than Justice League. The type of fan who's too stupid to do his research and see that Teen Titans and Uncanny X-Men were neck and neck the most popular comics for a good chunk of the 1980's. The type of fan who will tell me Batman: The Killing Joke is, well, a joke.

Stay classy.

Dude, what is so good about Marvel, up until recently DC has published better books for the past 15 years, granted for about ten or more, Marvel was better (Infinity Wars stuff was great) but overall DC sets the staple for what a superhero is supposed to be. Answer this

What superhero movie is better than either Superman 1 and 2, and before you answer Spiderman, Spiderman 1 and 2 were almost direct rips of the Superman movies, including Spiderman 3, Supes turns bad in 3 and Spidey turns bad in 3, we have a trend here, but please indulge me?

What superhero cartoon is better than Justice League/Unlimited?

In current continuity who is cooler, Clark Kent or Peter Parker?

What was better Super Powers and Secret Wars figures?

What marvel movie is better than Batman Dark Knight, please Sheiky indulge me, tell me what is better?????

Answer those my friend and tell me, also btw Superman set the standard for superheroes, he was the first and the most enduring. Also remember, Marvel almost bit the bullet decades ago. Make Mine DC!!!

Whatever lil' man flan. The Iron Sheik makes your kind HUMBLE!!!!!

Now you have nothing to say, you shook up the boards with requesting a DC fan who will stand up and you found one and all you have is a Sheik quote from the Howard Stern show, btw I do love the Sheik, but you have really let me down. Looks like its the largest arms in the world just ran wild on you!!!.......ok enough with the wrestling quotes

One last jab...Iron Sheik wears a non olympic gold medal and lies about having an authentic one, much like your arguments regarding Marvel being better than DC!

Superman is beyond comics. This is a character that's inspired so many people. He's the reason why a lot of today's creators-including the one's at Marvel-work in comics. All Spider-Man inspired me to do was get a better paying job. All Wolverine inspired me to do was bathe regularly.

His point (I think) was more towards the comics (and apparently the toys as well). In my opinion they go through cycles. The 80's were a toss-up. The 90's were a mix as has this decade. In my "DC Fanboy" opinion I think Marvel is a better comic product right now, but only because DC bombed Final Crisis and the Magic Rainbow of Lanterns is dull. However, Dark Reign hasn't knocked my socks off either and Ultimatum is garbage.

I really can't say anymore about the toys. DCUC and ML both have the same problems and if you can't see it now then you probably never will.

And my friend Marvel almost bit the bullet 10 years ago when they filed for bankruptcy. Good move with all those No. 1 issues.

I'm not going to argue with a simple fool because people from a distance can't who's who.(Marvel:GREATNESS, DC:Pansys)

Spectacular Spidey and Wolverine and the X-Men OWN Justice Garbage Unlimted.

JLA New Frontier and Wonder Woman are also much worse than every Lions Gate Marvel Movie DVD

Clart Kent is a TOOL. Not Cool.

Thats right DARK KNIGHT! ONE great DC movie.

Marvel KILLS DC in money made from movies and the quality of them.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 OWN the simple as hell Supey movies. Spider-Man ripped off Superman's plot... RIIGGGHHTTTTT.

The only single reason DC didn't almost go bankrupt was because the great Ted Turner owned it. DC LOST lots of money but it didn't matter because it was a LOW LEVEL Time Warner brand.

WCW brought in WAY MORE money for Turner than lil' DC did in the mid 90's.

Whatever lil' man flan. The Iron Sheik makes your kind HUMBLE!!!!!

That's it? That's all you got? Pathetic. For a guy who has a virtual big mouth I expected something better, but I guess you're just a cyber bully. You give Marvel fans a bad name.

Since we're quoting wrestlers it's fair for me to say that Flan 3:16 just whooped your @$$.

wow, this thread really is the home for the biased character supporter .... I love this stuff!!

But seriously, we went from DCUC vs ML, to Marvel vs DC as a whole, and many of us have forgotten the pint.

It ain't really about scale, face sculpts, the Four Horsemen, movies, or none of that .. is about which line of super hero figures is actually B E T T E R!!!

This is not about Super Powers, Mego, Total Justice, or Secret Wars, but DCUC and Marvel Legends and which line is better.

To make somethign better, after copying them, you have to up the ante and out-do the previous king fo the hill.

How has that been done by DCUC? The burden of proof is on DCUC because they are re-actiong AFTER Toy Biz hit the super hero collectors hard! I am not saying DCUC is not great, I own many fo them. I am not saying DCUC may nto eventaully otushine ML, because right now Mattel is running off where Hasbro left ML dry, but I am asking the one simple question no one is answering: How is DCUC better?

At least that is what I thought this thread was originally about.

cjfan, I see your point!! There are some Marvel fans that refuse to recognize a better product, but you know I'm not one of them!! You're more like me, take the best of both worlds!!

Superpowers86 and pooda could be examples of the opposite end of the spectrum!! Pooh poohing on everything Marvel!!

1 - What superhero movie is better than either Superman 1 and 2? What marvel movie is better than Batman Dark Knight

l'll combine these 2 questions, with some examples of how DC can't always claim the high horse when it comes to movies, how about Batman and Robin? Supergirl? Superman IV?? Too old, perhaps Superman Returns!! And yes, Marvel's had their stinkers too, but they've had fantastic movies as well!!

What superhero cartoon is better than Justice League/Unlimited? Batman the Animated series, followed by the X-Men!!

In current continuity who is cooler, Clark Kent or Peter Parker? I mean really, is this a serious question??

What was better Super Powers and Secret Wars figures? Do you really want to compare lines here, like I said before, there have been highs and lows on both sides.

My bottom line is this, both companies have had their good books, movies, cartoons, and toy lines. But both have had some crappy ones as well!! It's people like cjfan, myself, and others who can actually look at everything and know that we can call em as we see em!! No matter what preference in companies, we will call out a sub par product!! And that most of us, should strive to be like that as well, love our Marvel or DC, but don't let that love cloud your judgment!!!

Enough of the name calling and finger pointing. I dont mind opinions on the topic, just dont take personal jabs at each other. Come on, everyone here is an adult, we all have the ability to state an opinion without making personal attacks. I will start deleting post and if it gets really bad this topic will go the way of the Dodo, and none of us want that.

well dcuc figures are still being made and ml are not so i guess dc wins

naaa....marvel just ran for 10 years.

cjfan, I see your point!! There are some Marvel fans that refuse to recognize a better product, but you know I'm not one of them!! You're more like me, take the best of both worlds!!

Superpowers86 and pooda could be examples of the opposite end of the spectrum!! Pooh poohing on everything Marvel!!

i couldnt be an example of any end of the spectrum. i have nothing against marvel! i made a few comments about 8-10 ugly figs, 15-20 out of scale figs, and a few crappy movies....thats it! i never said that every ML sucked, and i damned sure didnt say that i didnt like marvel in general. i just feel that the ML throne is manufactured....plain and simple! at one point they were the best, and now theyre not. soooo many companies have made great figs using the ball joint method, and i will admit that they were the starting point, but im not going to accept that MLs a better than DCUC hands-down....nope!...not tryin to hear it. as far as wizard goes.....who cares! half of the time the info you get from that mag is trash! i wouldnt give a rats a$$ if they said that captain planet was hero of the year....it dont mean squat!

wow, this thread really is the home for the biased character supporter .... I love this stuff!!

But seriously, we went from DCUC vs ML, to Marvel vs DC as a whole, and many of us have forgotten the pint.

It ain't really about scale, face sculpts, the Four Horsemen, movies, or none of that .. is about which line of super hero figures is actually B E T T E R!!!

This is not about Super Powers, Mego, Total Justice, or Secret Wars, but DCUC and Marvel Legends and which line is better.

To make somethign better, after copying them, you have to up the ante and out-do the previous king fo the hill.

How has that been done by DCUC? The burden of proof is on DCUC because they are re-actiong AFTER Toy Biz hit the super hero collectors hard! I am not saying DCUC is not great, I own many fo them. I am not saying DCUC may nto eventaully otushine ML, because right now Mattel is running off where Hasbro left ML dry, but I am asking the one simple question no one is answering: How is DCUC better?

At least that is what I thought this thread was originally about.

but you havent proved tha ML is better either. ML was the 1st...cool. ML has been around longer....cool. add them together....you get more people with MLs due to the 1st two facts....thats it. if MLs werte still around, do you think the sells of DCUC would be different?....nope. actually....this thread isnt going anywhere.

Enough of the name calling and finger pointing. I dont mind opinions on the topic, just dont take personal jabs at each other. Come on, everyone here is an adult, we all have the ability to state an opinion without making personal attacks. I will start deleting post and if it gets really bad this topic will go the way of the Dodo, and none of us want that.

Apparently not everyone here is an adult. I was sharing intelligent thoughts with Arrow and Lady Jaye then the Marvel fan who thinks he's a heel comes in and basically tells me I'm an idiot.

I do my best to respect other people's opinions, others apparently don't. I'm just spitballin' here but maybe since you're a moderator you should start doing something about people like Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler who just come to these topics to crap on people.

Cj, he's an internet tough guy,that's as far as it goes for him. So don't pay him any attention,you give him a lashing and it gets deleted, mine did. It's best to let him think he's right. If he came on here and stated his opinion without being offensive it would be cool. That's not going to happen.

Cj, he's an internet tough guy,that's as far as it goes for him. So don't pay him any attention,you give him a lashing and it gets deleted, mine did. It's best to let him think he's right. If he came on here and stated his opinion without being offensive it would be cool. That's not going to happen.

I know what he is and maybe the moderators should start doing something about it.