Top Posters In This Topic

more ugly...

HML02JeanGrey.jpg

MLBXMenLegendsRogue.jpg

ML14Psylocke.jpg

cage isnt as ugly in the comics!!!

ML14LukeCage.jpg

MLBSinisterSixBlackCat.jpg

I disagree on Psylocke and Wasp. Black Widow and Black Cat look good too. Punisher's face isn't ugly, but it aint Punisher. Same for Cage. The rest I agree.

dont forget the fugliness of ML Bucky...he looked like a stretched out ventriloquist dummy

I think he was arguing TB and not Hasbro, but yeah, that has to be in the running for worst ever with Lady Deathstrike.

dont forget the fugliness of ML Bucky...he looked like a stretched out ventriloquist dummy

I think he was arguing TB and not Hasbro, but yeah, that has to be in the running for worst ever with Lady Deathstrike.

Regardless, Bucky is basically made up of Patriot limbas and torso but with a new head. It is primary TB's doin if Bucky looks stretched out

Bucky01.jpg

Patriot01.jpg

images are taken from marvellegends.net

Regardless, Bucky is basically made up of Patriot limbas and torso but with a new head. It is primary TB's doin if Bucky looks stretched out

Bucky01.jpg

Patriot01.jpg

And yet somehow Patriot looks 1000x better than Bucky. Not just talking about sculpt. Look at the way they are standing. Bucky either has his chest too far forward or is hunched over. Patriot looks normal when standing.

Okay, I gotta say, I'm a true believer though and through. Have been since I began collecting comics and not just reading the occasional mag! Marvel was it for me, DC was kind of crappy save for the occasional good book! I know more about Marvel than I ever would about DC, with that said! I really do like the DC line so far! And though compared to Marvel it's quite young, so far they're doing a hell of a job with the line!!

The biggest flaw in Marvel were definitely the female figures, most of them were fugly!! No doubt about it! It took years before I got a Rogue I would want, and she's my favorite female character ever!!! Only a few figures are very nice to look at, Storm is one of them!

Another problem was the skinny factor. Some of the characters were too damn skinny, Hawkeye is the one culprit I look at. From his bow legs, to his strange hands, he could have been so much better!!

Articulation is another problem, sometimes there can be too much!! Characters like Vision and Cap don't need the foot joint, characters like DD and Spidey do, so they shouldn't have had them!! Making some of them stand is impossible!!

Finally the heavier figures should have been made lighter, dear lord if my Collossus and Thor don't topple over alot because they are too damn heavy!! The legs and all their articulation make em fall down alot!!!

Like I said, can't say whether in the end DC will beat Marvel, for all its faults, Marvel had a huge library of figures, many extremely well done! The best BAF ever!! If DC can keep going, reverse some of its mistakes like making villains so damn small, and keep making the female figures, well looking female, then DC could be the better line!! Oh and if all the Super Powers continue to be updated, including Kalibak and other non comic canon characters!!!

Bucky01.jpg

Patriot01.jpg

And yet somehow Patriot looks 1000x better than Bucky. Not just talking about sculpt. Look at the way they are standing. Bucky either has his chest too far forward or is hunched over. Patriot looks normal when standing.

It is the angle of where pic was captured; Both Patriot and Bucky shares the same chest; Bucky's chest looks more forward since the lines that makes up the folds are more apparent (since his cheast isn't painted like patriot), which gives the illusion that they are stickin out more. I mean the Buck image has him facin one way where one can see the angles and folds easier than the patroit body, which is less apparent because of angle and paint application.

the first 2 are responses to Pooda, and the last one is a question in general.

1) Pooda, I take no offense. I just responded to your comment as not all ML lovers . However, you seem to find no wrong in DCUC simply because DC is dear to your heart. Remember, the same way you love DC, is the same way I love Marvel.

2) Not everyone on your picture list is actually ugly.

That is boxset Elektra dn she was not ugly, just her joints were funny and her arms were super skinny. Besides, the Elektra from series 4 (red) was better.

Also, Luke Cage is not ugly, just uber angry, the boxset Inivisible Woman is based on Mike Wieringo's art and he has them looking very cartoonish. (Just look at Mr. F & Franklin)

I love my variant Wasp, and while Psylocke does not look like the comic book, she ain't ugly.

The rest ... you win that argueemnt!

But seriously, most Wonder Woman is a great figure, but she ain't exactly comic book gorgeous. And her arms are far too skiny for someone of her power scale.

Also, scale is a problem even for DCUC. Since when is Mr Miracle that muscular? Sorry, Sinestro & Captain Cold are short. Mongul looks great but should be as big as Lobo, and vice versa.

could go on, but my point is that o line is ever perfect in character representation.

3) the real question (at least I thought so) was is which line is BETTER:

Better as in DCUC found a better way at doing the formula than MArvel Legnds. I really like DCUC, but BETTER? Can't see it like Stevie Wonder!

You get less for more money, since when is that better? When DCUC started you got a decent C&C for only the purchase price of 5 figures, now they are releasing 7 - 9 figures with not everyone even having a C&C part with them? ML never did that. Mojo & the Brood Queen have more points of movement than Grodd, and that is terrible.

You say the ML's can't hold there accessories, I say most DCUC's don't even have accessories, let alone have hands sculpted to hold them. And let's not re-hash the QC issues. I have been through 3 Sinestors, 2 Wonder Woman, 2 Supermen (DCSH), a few problems with Despero (Pooda helped me out there), and so on.

Like I said DCUC is a great line. Love the figs, but give them at least 20 waves before we do a thread like this. ML set a standard. Once DCUC sets or suprasses one, then we can talk.

BTW: I must say that I can only give DCUC 1 advantage: the way they do the hip joint is far better than HAsbro anyday!!!

1) Pooda, I take no offense. I just responded to your comment as not all ML lovers . However, you seem to find no wrong in DCUC simply because DC is dear to your heart. Remember, the same way you love DC, is the same way I love Marvel.

That is boxset Elektra dn she was not ugly, just her joints were funny and her arms were super skinny. Besides, the Elektra from series 4 (red) was better.

Also, Luke Cage is not ugly, just uber angry, the boxset Inivisible Woman is based on Mike Wieringo's art and he has them looking very cartoonish. (Just look at Mr. F & Franklin)

I love my variant Wasp, and while Psylocke does not look like the comic book, she ain't ugly.

But seriously, most Wonder Woman is a great figure, but she ain't exactly comic book gorgeous. And her arms are far too skiny for someone of her power scale.

Also, scale is a problem even for DCUC. Since when is Mr Miracle that muscular? Sorry, Sinestro & Captain Cold are short. Mongul looks great but should be as big as Lobo, and vice versa.

could go on, but my point is that o line is ever perfect in character representation.

Better as in DCUC found a better way at doing the formula than MArvel Legnds. I really like DCUC, but BETTER? Can't see it like Stevie Wonder!

You get less for more money, since when is that better? When DCUC started you got a decent C&C for only the purchase price of 5 figures, now they are releasing 7 - 9 figures with not everyone even having a C&C part with them? ML never did that. Mojo & the Brood Queen have more points of movement than Grodd, and that is terrible.

You say the ML's can't hold there accessories, I say most DCUC's don't even have accessories, let alone have hands sculpted to hold them. And let's not re-hash the QC issues. I have been through 3 Sinestors, 2 Wonder Woman, 2 Supermen (DCSH), a few problems with Despero (Pooda helped me out there), and so on.

Like I said DCUC is a great line. Love the figs, but give them at least 20 waves before we do a thread like this. ML set a standard. Once DCUC sets or suprasses one, then we can talk.

BTW: I must say that I can only give DCUC 1 advantage: the way they do the hip joint is far better than HAsbro anyday!!!

i dont feel that way about DC.... i feel that ML people are just in denial. i also feel that a lot of marvel goers feel a bit scared that another mass market superhero line is going to take some shine away from MLs...just how the 200X MOTUers were toward the MOTUC line. as far as WWs arms go.....are you serious! that has nothing to do with anything! supergirl's a teenager with little to no muscle def to her....shes still strong! for petes sake....WW is built like a woman! you named 3-4 scale issue between eight waves....ML had that in 5...whats your point?

i dont feel that way about DC.... i feel that ML people are just in denial. i also feel that a lot of marvel goers feel a bit scared that another mass market superhero line is going to take some shine away from MLs...just how the 200X MOTUers were toward the MOTUC line. as far as WWs arms go.....are you serious! that has nothing to do with anything! supergirl's a teenager with little to no muscle def to her....shes still strong! for petes sake....WW is built like a woman! you named 3-4 scale issue between eight waves....ML had that in 5...whats your point?

Not I. I'll admit I like Marvel better than DC, but super hero figs are super hero figs and I prefer the 6" figs. I'm hoping DCUC does well and Hasbro sees that and decides to continue the ML line. I mean, if Hasbro sees that DCUC fails, that isn't much incentive to keep going with ML.

The only times I could even understand someone wanting DCUC or ML to fail is when both are going strong and either the person has a stake in Mattel or Hasbro's success or there comes a point where only one can succeed (both are on the brink of going out of business if one doesn't go out quickly).

Not I. I'll admit I like Marvel better than DC, but super hero figs are super hero figs and I prefer the 6" figs. I'm hoping DCUC does well and Hasbro sees that and decides to continue the ML line. I mean, if Hasbro sees that DCUC fails, that isn't much incentive to keep going with ML.

The only times I could even understand someone wanting DCUC or ML to fail is when both are going strong and either the person has a stake in Mattel or Hasbro's success or there comes a point where only one can succeed (both are on the brink of going out of business if one doesn't go out quickly).

Marvel fans are in denial every time DC brings out what appears to be a superior product. I'm sure there are still some out there that think the 90's Marvel cartoons are better than Batman: The Animated Series.

I digress. I wouldn't say DCUC is superior but I will say ML fans are swiging too much Kool-Aid if they can't see the flaws in the line. Pooda has done a great job illustrating them on this board. After Wave 12 when they announced Hasbro was picking up the license things got really bad, one ugly figure after another. In that span Moon Knight, Capt. Marvel, Green Goblin, Modular Iron Man, MODOK and Giant-Man were really the only ones that I thought stood out as well made figures.

Marvel fans are in denial every time DC brings out what appears to be a superior product. I'm sure there are still some out there that think the 90's Marvel cartoons are better than Batman: The Animated Series.

I would alter that statement just a bit, not all Marvel fanatics feel that way! But remember it can go both ways, I see plenty of DC fanboys acting the same way, not wanting to pay homage to the line that started it all is one prime example! Had there never been a ML, then DCUC would not have existed!

DC superior product?

Total Justice??

DC Heroes (90"s)

Every Batman movie tie in?

Only Super Powers is where DC can claim with absolute certainty that they got the better toy line!! Those 3 examples above definitely can't!!! And there are more! Oh let me guess, don't want to mention those huh?? Uh huh!!

Oh and as far as the cartoon, yes BTAS was the best, until they switched to another channel. And Superman was never on par with BTAS! Easily X-MEN was far better and more action packed than Supes's show! If you can't admit that, then you are a fanboy with no reason!! Come on admit it, tell me you think Supes' show was better!!

After Wave 12 when they announced Hasbro was picking up the license things got really bad, one ugly figure after another. In that span Moon Knight, Capt. Marvel, Green Goblin, Modular Iron Man, MODOK and Giant-Man were really the only ones that I thought stood out as well made figures.

And what was wrong with Abomination, Ant-man, or Beta Ray Bill, Baron Zemo , Kitty Pryde or the Giant Man BAF? Or most of the Face-Off sub-line of figures?

The House of M box-set figures? The Marvel Monsters? Fearsome Foes?

Man, there's a LOT of figures well after wave 12 that were as good as or better than anything before.

After Wave 12 when they announced Hasbro was picking up the license things got really bad, one ugly figure after another. In that span Moon Knight, Capt. Marvel, Green Goblin, Modular Iron Man, MODOK and Giant-Man were really the only ones that I thought stood out as well made figures.

And what was wrong with Abomination, Ant-man, or Beta Ray Bill, Baron Zemo , Kitty Pryde or the Giant Man BAF? Or most of the Face-Off sub-line of figures?

Man, there's a LOT of figures well after wave 12 that were as good as or better than anything before.

The Faceoff figures were outstanding. They were basically the definitive versions of those characters in my mind. If all of ML had had that consistency and quality of look, it would have been the greatest toyline ever produced (even with the ugly ball joint hips).

I did that list off the top of my head, give me a break.

Abomination was nothing special, neither was Ant-Man.

Beta Ray Bill I will add to my list (I only forgot him because he was Beta Ray Bill), a great figure. I will also add the Wal-Mart Thor, a really cool figure.

Baron Zemo was awful and the sculpted gun and holster was a huge sign of laziness.

Kitty Pryde was a weak head sculpt attached to a movie FF Sue body (lazy).

I mentioned Giant-Man so maybe you should learn how to read more carefully.

I also mentioned Modular Iron Man from the Face-Off line so again maybe you should learn how to read more carefully. Most of those figures were OK but again, nothing that made me go wow.

Never had House of H or the Monsters set, though I didn't hear anyone rave about them. The Monsters figures were mostly used parts, weren't they? Oh that's right, only DCUC does that.

Fearsome Foes was a decent box set but the only ones I thought were good (out of five figures) were Vulture and Rhino.

We can argue all day about what's a good figure and what isn't. But Wave 14? Garbage. Wasp and Spider-Woman? Extremely poor. Ms. Marvel? She looked like she was balding at the hair line. Young Avengers? Nice stuff but nothing to write home about. Pyro. Deathstrike. Onslaught. So many more figures that were good ideas but the finish product was less than spectacular.

My point is Toy Biz packed it in fairly early.

I would alter that statement just a bit, not all Marvel fanatics feel that way! But remember it can go both ways, I see plenty of DC fanboys acting the same way, not wanting to pay homage to the line that started it all is one prime example! Had there never been a ML, then DCUC would not have existed!

DC superior product?

Total Justice??

DC Heroes (90"s)

Every Batman movie tie in?

Only Super Powers is where DC can claim with absolute certainty that they got the better toy line!! Those 3 examples above definitely can't!!! And there are more! Oh let me guess, don't want to mention those huh?? Uh huh!!

Oh and as far as the cartoon, yes BTAS was the best, until they switched to another channel. And Superman was never on par with BTAS! Easily X-MEN was far better and more action packed than Supes's show! If you can't admit that, then you are a fanboy with no reason!! Come on admit it, tell me you think Supes' show was better!!

Given the difficulty of making Superman interesting I think they did a good job with it. As far as the quality of animation goes, yes, Superman is above and beyond X-Men. Story-wise, the first two seasons of X-Men were good stuff. When that show was first on I could not wait for Saturday to come around. With both shows I can pick and choose what episodes I like.

There are plenty of failed toy lines on both sides. I don't recall Silver Surfer figures flying off the shelves. Or Ghost Rider for that matter.

And I'm not knocking Marvel Legends. A lot of great stuff came out of that line. But you make it sound like it's one of the greatest toy lines of all time. Not. Even. Close. And if it wasn't for Super Powers NONE OF THESE FIGURES would have ever existed!

I did that list off the top of my head, give me a break.

I mentioned Giant-Man so maybe you should learn how to read more carefully.

I also mentioned Modular Iron Man from the Face-Off line so again maybe you should learn how to read more carefully.

If you want me to read more carefully, then why do you take the time to be more thorough.

Works both ways, doesn't it?

Never had House of H or the Monsters set, though I didn't hear anyone rave about them. The Monsters figures were mostly used parts, weren't they? Oh that's right, only DCUC does that.

So you dismiss stuff you've never owned or have even seen up close? How does that work?

I suggest you take the time to either get some of these figures, or at least hold the set in your hand to look them over, or seek out on the excellent on-line reviews on these sets.

The Monsters set was not entirely re-use, iirc only Dracula feature re-use from another figure, the others were all-original sculpts.

I think that your assessments could stand some reassessment.

And I'm not knocking Marvel Legends. A lot of great stuff came out of that line. But you make it sound like it's one of the greatest toy lines of all time. Not. Even. Close. And if it wasn't for Super Powers NONE OF THESE FIGURES would have ever existed!

Actually, you are not looking far enough back.

The idea of the Kenner Superpowers Collection has a precedent, in a toy-line of even more depth and scope:

The Mego Superheroes line.

If it hadn't have been for the Mego toys, and the idea of a broad based assortment of superhero characters in one line, none of the lines that followed would have happened quite the way they did.

Mego set the stage for everything that came after it.

no one has a problem paying homege to ML.... most of us collected ML as well. i for one like DC better than marvel, but ive never had a DC fig before DCU (except super powers) i never had a DC direct fig except DC armory bats, and afro samurai. im not bias or saying that DCU is the best line of figs, but im not going to let the fact that ML was the 1st to gamble on a super articulated line cloud the fact that other lines produce figs just as good or better than them(ML) are DCUs perfect...NO! but no one needs ML lovers trying to point out flaws in DCs line just to make themselves feel better about being "old news"

As always ARROW shows up and tells it exactly as it is. That guy must get tired of always being right. DC fan boys are NOTORIOUS for having inferiority complex because deep down they know DC is the second tier company and always will be second rate. They always bring thinnest arguments that have very little ground. DC fan boys should be happy with what they are and not pretend that their team is #1. My favorite basketball team is the Dallas Mavericks but I don't sit here and pretend we can beat the Lakers in a best of 7.

As always ARROW shows up and tells it exactly as it is. That guy must get tired of always being right. DC fan boys are NOTORIOUS for having inferiority complex because deep down they know DC is the second tier company and always will be second rate. They always bring thinnest arguments that have very little ground. DC fan boys should be happy with what they are and not pretend that their team is #1. My favorite basketball team is the Dallas Mavericks but I don't sit here and pretend we can beat the Lakers in a best of 7.

Dude you don't argue with real DC fans, you fuss with the lowly punks, What is sooo great about Marvel? The comics suck, only good read in Marvel is Hulk, everything else is redundant crap, marvel heroes are like an episode of Friends in tights. You say DC is a second tier company but the fact is that DC has survived all those blasts over the years and people who want quality read DC. Last time Marvel was good was in the 90's during Jim Lee's run and even then it got boring real fast, before long I was back to DC. Marvel made tons of money with special covers and crap. In the end Superman is better than Spiderman, DC Comics are better than and Marvel, and DCUC is better than Marvel Legends!

I sure wish I could be seduced by a 90's cartoon and then claim that Marvel is the best overall,.....whatever