DCUC vs ML

Rowdy26

There are 2 Monguls one is huge ,that is monguls son the other is a little over 7ft(the original Mongul),Kirby first dre Barda shorter than miracle. Grundy has been drawn all sorts of sizes as well as Doomsday. Sinestro is supposed to be taller but Kid Flash , well pooda said it. So the rest are in scale except Sinestro. Also Batman Beyond (terry) was in comic, Superman/Batman.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 Monguls one is huge ,that is monguls son the other is a little over 7ft(the original Mongul),Kirby first dre Barda shorter than miracle. Grundy has been drawn all sorts of sizes as well as Doomsday. Sinestro is supposed to be taller but Kid Flash , well pooda said it. So the rest are in scale except Sinestro. Also Batman Beyond (terry) was in comic, Superman/Batman.

DAMN!!! how could i forget that terry was in superman/batman too! i remember when mattel was talking about BB, they mentioned bruce. i guess they nixed that idea....good call mattel! oh, brother Top Cat....i meant you no disrespect when i mentioned the cartoon. its just that a lot of people use cartoon facts instead of comics.

is sooo funny the way people defense they favorite line ! I love ML and DCU but I got to say that If I need money I easily sell my dcu collection but nooo way I would sell my marvel legends ....icon3.gif

I've just recently started collecting DCUC, and I'm totally loving the line. I've been collecting Marvel Legends since series 1, and I can't compare the two. to me it's like apples and oranges.

Yes both ML & DCUC have done the same body sculpts, sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you don't.

Scale is also an issue in both lines, but different artists draw them in their own way, so unless you have a whole line designed by one artist, you aren't gonna have a series in scale with the previous.

As for our lady superheroes, Toybiz ML did a craptacular job on those, but that's the one thing Hasbro has improved on majorly.

With the Toybiz heroins I was afraid to pose them, but the Hasbro ones feel a lot sturdier, much like the DCUC woman's scultps.

The only problem I have with both lines are BAF or C&C, always not big enough for my likings. When I get a piece of a figure in package, I want this guy to be worth it. Not something that should have been in the wave itself (ie. Ares, Metamorpho, Ronin)

I'm sitting on the fence with this one.

I like apples and oranges, it just seems that there are more oranges on the trees now

The picture I posted was the first Mongul, the one who was killed by Neron. I would like a BAF of either Mongul. And yes, Doomsday has been drawn different sizes, but I don't think he's ever been drawn as short as the DCSH one is. And personally, I want one that's as big as Grundy.

Would it be that bad if they made Mongul and Doomsday BAFs? I don't see what the problem is, people who want shorter versions can always keep the DCSH figures.

BTW, Batman Beyond also shows up for a page or two in Countdown...one of the 52 earths is the BB universe.

i wouldnt call galactus a scale issue unless they were going to make him Yao Ming size.

I was half-kidding. I think of Galactus like an AT-AT in Star Wars...obviously it's not gonna be in scale.

3.) because you consider DCSH to be DCUC doesnt make it so. they knew dcsh was messed up, thats why theyre redoing or have already re done MOST of the dcsh line.

Well, that's cool. I include them because I think most of the DCSH figures were great. The only ones that really sucked were the Robin/Nightwing/Joker(who were made for the old Batman line, not DCSH), and crap like Orange Doomsday and Camo Bane. But a lot of them, like Steel or the Supergirls and Batgirls were great figures.

all of the Wolverine figures that were made for Marvel Legends had a nice scale to them.

that would include ML6, ML11, and ML12 wolverine... the others were not made for ML

thats a lie. you act as if we didnt have tose figs too.

I think what he means is that the first Wolverine, who was way too tall, was made for a different X-Men line that was cancelled, just like Toad. While the later Wolverines that were made just for ML(the brown one, the Astonishing one) were about the right size.

I've just recently started collecting DCUC, and I'm totally loving the line. I've been collecting Marvel Legends since series 1, and I can't compare the two. to me it's like apples and oranges.

Yes both ML & DCUC have done the same body sculpts, sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you don't.

Scale is also an issue in both lines, but different artists draw them in their own way, so unless you have a whole line designed by one artist, you aren't gonna have a series in scale with the previous.

As for our lady superheroes, Toybiz ML did a craptacular job on those, but that's the one thing Hasbro has improved on majorly.

With the Toybiz heroins I was afraid to pose them, but the Hasbro ones feel a lot sturdier, much like the DCUC woman's scultps.

The only problem I have with both lines are BAF or C&C, always not big enough for my likings. When I get a piece of a figure in package, I want this guy to be worth it. Not something that should have been in the wave itself (ie. Ares, Metamorpho, Ronin)

I'm sitting on the fence with this one.

I like apples and oranges, it just seems that there are more oranges on the trees now

I agree, I love both lines, but Mattel's female figures are way better than ToyBiz's fugly ones.

Personally, with Toy Biz and Mattel, I don't mind BAFs so much because I usually buy all the figures anyways, including the variants. So for me, it's like an accessory that's thrown in, and with variants I can sell the extra parts on ebay. :D I think the only DCUC figure I've bought just to complete a BAF is the blue Aquaman, and the only ML was the Age of Apocalypse Wolverine variant. Everybody else I would've bought even without the BAF piece.

Hasbro's annoyed me, though, making you buy 8 figures to get BAFs that weren't even that big. With Ronan, the only figures I wanted were Namor and Doom, so I had to buy the rest of him on Ebay(and really, a cape as a BAF piece? WTF?)

ML's scale issues are few and far between but at least they attempted scale. Every single DCUC figure is the same size because it's the same figure.

In fact the only serious crime Toy Biz commited was making Modular Iron Man so short. All the other little too tall or too short mistakes are forgivable.

So wrong.

Every single DCUC figure is the same size because it's the same figure.

Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Woman, Barda, and Sinestro (to name a few) do not have the same body type as Superman.

In fact the only serious crime Toy Biz commited was making Modular Iron Man so short. All the other little too tall or too short mistakes are forgivable.

Only if you don't count Lady Deathstrike or FO DDs overly huge shoulders joints.

Both ML (TB and Hasbro) and DCUC/DCSH have their bad figs. But both have way more good figs than bad. And frankly, only DCUC seems to be making figs. Moreover, DCUC isn't focusing on their three main characters (WW, Bats, and Supes).

Don't forget that Dragonman isn't suppose to 7 ft in the comics like how the Toybiz version depicts him. Dragonman is around 12 ft, so the tb figure is more than being a little shorter.

The picture I posted was the first Mongul, the one who was killed by Neron. I would like a BAF of either Mongul. And yes, Doomsday has been drawn different sizes, but I don't think he's ever been drawn as short as the DCSH one is. And personally, I want one that's as big as Grundy.

Would it be that bad if they made Mongul and Doomsday BAFs? I don't see what the problem is, people who want shorter versions can always keep the DCSH figures.

BTW, Batman Beyond also shows up for a page or two in Countdown...one of the 52 earths is the BB universe.

i wouldnt call galactus a scale issue unless they were going to make him Yao Ming size.

I was half-kidding. I think of Galactus like an AT-AT in Star Wars...obviously it's not gonna be in scale.

3.) because you consider DCSH to be DCUC doesnt make it so. they knew dcsh was messed up, thats why theyre redoing or have already re done MOST of the dcsh line.

Well, that's cool. I include them because I think most of the DCSH figures were great. The only ones that really sucked were the Robin/Nightwing/Joker(who were made for the old Batman line, not DCSH), and crap like Orange Doomsday and Camo Bane. But a lot of them, like Steel or the Supergirls and Batgirls were great figures.

all of the Wolverine figures that were made for Marvel Legends had a nice scale to them.

that would include ML6, ML11, and ML12 wolverine... the others were not made for ML

thats a lie. you act as if we didnt have tose figs too.

I think what he means is that the first Wolverine, who was way too tall, was made for a different X-Men line that was cancelled, just like Toad. While the later Wolverines that were made just for ML(the brown one, the Astonishing one) were about the right size.

The tall wolverine is originally from the x-men evolution two pack and the other 6 inch versions are all from X-men classics, which are compatiable with Marvel Legends. However, if ppl are going to start countin' DCSH and DCUC as one line, I think the classics line should be counted as well especially how they share a few figures.

I almost forgot about the Hasbro Ult. Wolverine which was made for ML.......In the other hand, I think someone would spin it in sayin that it is the ultimate alt reality logan so his height does not matter.

Sorry got the Monguls mixed up. The other Mongul and Doomsday I would love as BAF. The current Mongul we have is the right size for the character. Domsday is my number1 want for a BAF. As the monster that killed Supes he needs to be a little taller and alot thicker. I would like the sculpt we have now ,pantagraphed bigger.

Just want to throw out - the only wolverine that are to scale is the one(s) from Giant Man series. ^_^

If you go with that belief, you are still not right. The ml6 and hml 616 vers are also in scale since the giantman series version uses the ml 6 bod.

Just want to throw out - the only wolverine that are to scale is the one(s) from Giant Man series. ^_^

If you go with that belief, you are still not right. The ml6 and hml 616 vers are also in scale since the giantman series version uses the ml 6 bod.

true. the apocalypse series wolvy(astonishing xmen) was inscale too.

The ML6 Wolverine sculpt is still really to tall to be honest(same for the ML12 one) they are just the closest they've gotten(AXM is too scrawny in the bulk department though)

As for DCUC vs ML, some of Hasbro's and most of TBs MLs win hand down.

true. the apocalypse series wolvy(astonishing xmen) was inscale too.

Wow, I honestly never noticed as I put the GM series Wolvies on a separate shelves and next to those figs they are tiny.

The ML6 Wolverine sculpt is still really to tall to be honest(same for the ML12 one) they are just the closest they've gotten(AXM is too scrawny in the bulk department though)

why? because you like marvel characters better? nothing wrong with that, but would you say the same if the figs were switched? i like dc better, but i never owned a DC direct fig besides the dc armory batman. i had almost every ML at some point or another, point is......i didnt choose on characters, i choose on quality. DCUC figs may have some QC issues, and maybe they use buck bodies, but theyre still quality. they stand up, they hold theyre weapons, the joints dont get loose from just standing up over time, they have beautiful color! hell...it looks like they walked off of the freakin comic! plus, dcuc has just the horsemen working on them....un like ML who had everybody under the sun sculpting them. thats why half of the MLs dont look the way that they should.

hey! heres another list....a$$ ugly MLs with poor face sculpts. (female and male) check'em out for yourselves...click the underlined link! i tried to spread it out a bit.

1.) scarlet witch (Legendary Riders Series )

2.) blackcat (Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six )

3.) elektra (Series 4 )

4.) sue richards (Fantastic Four )

5.) punisher (Urban Legends )

6.) silver surfer (Series 5 )

7.) nick fury (Series 5 )

8.) black widow (Series 8 )

9.) bishop (Apocalypse Series )

10.) x-23 (Apocalypse Series )

11.) lady deathstrike (Onslaught Series )

12.) AOA sabretooth (Giant Man Series )

13.) psylocke (Mojo Series )

14.) luke cage (Mojo Series )

15.) wasp (MODOK Series )

16.) emma frost (Annihilus Series )

17.) jean grey (Blob Series )

18.) wolverine (Blob Series )

19.) johnny storm (Ronan Series )

20.) rouge (X-Men Legends )

I think you are reaching pretty far with some of those "ugly faces"

like who?

Both the X23 faces are pretty accurate to the comic book. I don't like the purple one, but it is accurate to one of the covers.

LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD.

hey! heres another list....a$$ ugly MLs with poor face sculpts. (female and male) check'em out for yourselves...click the underlined link! i tried to spread it out a bit.

3.) elektra (Series 4 )

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

BTW Black Widow has one of the prettiest face sculpts ever. Yes she has an ugly neck joint but that is her ONLY flaw. Psylocke is also very good. Every single one of the Toy Biz male figures the POO-man listed are pure greatness and better than everything DCUC.

3.) elektra (Series 4 )

I totally agree with Bishop, he was so out of scale it’s stupid.

Most of the rest of your list do have issues. I would also add the entire Riders series; quality on those was bar none the worst I have ever seen on a mass toy line.

I have to say that I don’t agree with Wasp. The variant was almost perfect, I absolutely love that figure. Now the regular was a bit....butch, but the variant, no way.

Punisher, Surfer, Sabertooth and Fury look great, those are not good looking guys to begin with.

X-23 is fine, the heads a little big but she looks okay. And man, Luke Cage is one of the best legends ever. He looks just like his 70's comic.

Now my personal favorite legend is the brown Wolverine. That figure is perfect in every way, it really does beat any and every DCUC I own (and I am a DC guy). Green Arrow looks to maybe be the one to beat him, but I am a Green Arrow fan so I am biased. The DCUC just look nicer next to each other, but legends kills DC in the BAF. I mean Atom Smasher should have been Galactus or Apocs size. But Mattel being cheap like they are give us mini me Smasher. Some waves of legends absolutely are better than DCUC. Waves like 6, Galactus, Giant man and Red Hulk just ooze of perfect renditions of the figures. Other waves like the before mentioned Riders, wave 2, the entire sentinel wave (nice BAF but man those figs were bad), and Annihilus were just stinkers all the way around. Other waves have some real gems and some real stinkers. ML was just so all over the place it’s hard to properly defend it without seeing the flaws. If DCUC has one thing that legends lacked it will always be consistency. Everybody looks like they are from the same line. Does that make DCUC better, nope, it just makes them consistent. Let’s see how DCUC looks in 6 more waves. If Manhunter is knocked out of the park and we get a decent supes (I am still unhappy with every version we have gotten so far) and we don’t see a million bat clones. Then DC might just get the edge. As of now, Marvel is still the winner if only because they have so many figures, that the good looking figures outweigh what DCUC has given us so far (that and the BAF, man I miss Toybiz BAFs).

3.) elektra (Series 4 )

I totally agree with Bishop, he was so out of scale it's stupid.

Most of the rest of your list do have issues. I would also add the entire Riders series; quality on those was bar none the worst I have ever seen on a mass toy line.

I have to say that I don't agree with Wasp. The variant was almost perfect, I absolutely love that figure. Now the regular was a bit....butch, but the variant, no way.

Punisher, Surfer, Sabertooth and Fury look great, those are not good looking guys to begin with.

X-23 is fine, the heads a little big but she looks okay. And man, Luke Cage is one of the best legends ever. He looks just like his 70's comic.

Now my personal favorite legend is the brown Wolverine. That figure is perfect in every way, it really does beat any and every DCUC I own (and I am a DC guy). Green Arrow looks to maybe be the one to beat him, but I am a Green Arrow fan so I am biased. The DCUC just look nicer next to each other, but legends kills DC in the BAF. I mean Atom Smasher should have been Galactus or Apocs size. But Mattel being cheap like they are give us mini me Smasher. Some waves of legends absolutely are better than DCUC. Waves like 6, Galactus, Giant man and Red Hulk just ooze of perfect renditions of the figures. Other waves like the before mentioned Riders, wave 2, the entire sentinel wave (nice BAF but man those figs were bad), and Annihilus were just stinkers all the way around. Other waves have some real gems and some real stinkers. ML was just so all over the place it's hard to properly defend it without seeing the flaws. If DCUC has one thing that legends lacked it will always be consistency. Everybody looks like they are from the same line. Does that make DCUC better, nope, it just makes them consistent. Let's see how DCUC looks in 6 more waves. If Manhunter is knocked out of the park and we get a decent supes (I am still unhappy with every version we have gotten so far) and we don't see a million bat clones. Then DC might just get the edge. As of now, Marvel is still the winner if only because they have so many figures, that the good looking figures outweigh what DCUC has given us so far (that and the BAF, man I miss Toybiz BAFs).

I agree with you my friend ...

3.) elektra (Series 4 )

I totally agree with Bishop, he was so out of scale it's stupid.

I have to say that I don't agree with Wasp. The variant was almost perfect, I absolutely love that figure. Now the regular was a bit....butch, but the variant, no way.

Now my personal favorite legend is the brown Wolverine. That figure is perfect in every way, it really does beat any and every DCUC I own (and I am a DC guy). Green Arrow looks to maybe be the one to beat him, but I am a Green Arrow fan so I am biased. The DCUC just look nicer next to each other, but legends kills DC in the BAF. I mean Atom Smasher should have been Galactus or Apocs size. But Mattel being cheap like they are give us mini me Smasher. Some waves of legends absolutely are better than DCUC. Waves like 6, Galactus, Giant man and Red Hulk just ooze of perfect renditions of the figures. Other waves like the before mentioned Riders, wave 2, the entire sentinel wave (nice BAF but man those figs were bad), and Annihilus were just stinkers all the way around. Other waves have some real gems and some real stinkers. ML was just so all over the place it's hard to properly defend it without seeing the flaws. If DCUC has one thing that legends lacked it will always be consistency. Everybody looks like they are from the same line. Does that make DCUC better, nope, it just makes them consistent. Let's see how DCUC looks in 6 more waves. If Manhunter is knocked out of the park and we get a decent supes (I am still unhappy with every version we have gotten so far) and we don't see a million bat clones. Then DC might just get the edge. As of now, Marvel is still the winner if only because they have so many figures, that the good looking figures outweigh what DCUC has given us so far (that and the BAF, man I miss Toybiz BAFs).

these are plain ugly....

elektra

MLBUrbanLegendsElektra.jpg

sue richards (boxed set)

MLBFantasticFourInvisibleWoman.jpg

punisher (box set)

MLBUrbanLegendsPunisher.jpg

black widow

ML08BlackWidow.jpg

wasp(non butchy and still ugly)

ML15WaspVariant.jpg