Damn You Hasbro! HOH Snake Eyes is a GIMP!

JohnnyRebelV2

I've had the V2 Hall Of Heroes Snakes for about a month but today I noticed one leg is MUCH longer than the other! WTF!!! I've waited a long time for the perfect 25th Snake Eyes and we finally get him and he's a gimp!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeeeeaaah... I'm not a big fan of the choice of words you decided upon either. Your gripe, while seemingly legit (haven't seen it for myself) would have been better served without the use of such a derogatory term. And perhaps, better received.

Yeeeeaaah... I'm not a big fan of the choice of words you decided upon either. Your gripe, while seemingly legit (haven't seen it for myself) would have been better served without the use of such a derogatory term. And perhaps, better received.

@loll@

anyway It seems alot of Hasbro's figures seem to be gimp'd out and have issues standing correctly.

Another good reason to slow down on buying. Now at 7.99 @grumpy@

This topic was only for those who bought the HOH figures. Not trolls that don't own them.

Seriously? We're going to open that can now? I love PC America.

He appears to have no factory defects but his left leg(our right) is longer than the right.:

Hmm, do you think it could just be the way the leg sits on the t-bar or even the t-bar itself? Haven't heard this complaint before so I'm thinking maybe you just got lucky :D

Mine has no problem, he stands just fine. Cheack the bar, it might need to be moved a little. Worse case return it, if you bought it from someone like bigbad or hasbro just ask for an exchage as teh figure is defective.

• 2 weeks later...

if it makes you feel any better...

the original 85 Snake Eyes's right lower leg is somehow shorter than right lower leg.

the difference is around the ankle area, it's just a difference of 1 - 2mm...

se01.jpg

se02.jpg

now maybe it's just my 85' Snake Eyes, but I have 2 loose, 2 mint, 2 moc... and

they all have a noticeable shorter right ankle.

SO... your HOH Snake Eyes is actually very true to the original 85' release @smilepunch@

Some online dipshit called me a gimp while he was talking trash to me, the insult itself made no sense what so ever since I don't limp or anything. Gimp is not a derogatory term, it just means someone who walks with a limp.

if it makes you feel any better...

the original 85 Snake Eyes's right lower leg is somehow shorter than right lower leg.

the difference is around the ankle area, it's just a difference of 1 - 2mm...

se01.jpg

se02.jpg

now maybe it's just my 85' Snake Eyes, but I have 2 loose, 2 mint, 2 moc... and

they all have a noticeable shorter right ankle.

SO... your HOH Snake Eyes is actually very true to the original 85' release @smilepunch@

WOW!!! Talk about attention to detail on the HOH line! @loll@

Some online dipshit called me a gimp while he was talking trash to me, the insult itself made no sense what so ever since I don't limp or anything. Gimp is not a derogatory term, it just means someone who walks with a limp.

I beg to differ. Copied from Wiktionary -

1. (slang, derogatory) A name-calling word, generally for a person who is perceived to be inept, deficient or peculiar
  2. (BDSM) A sexual submissive, almost always male, dressed generally in a black leather suit. See Gimp (sadomasochism) in Wikipedia.

I just want to say that I myself qualify as a "gimp" and have no problem because that word describes my situation, I walk with a limp because one of my legs is longer than the other. That is one of the many ways to use it. He is not using the word in a derogatory manner at all. If you have seen the Undergrads, one of the characters is named Gimpy for the above reason. Chill out guys.

As for the figure, I would just return it. Now I'll have to see if my MOC one has that problem

I beg to differ. Copied from Wiktionary -

1. (slang, derogatory) A name-calling word, generally for a person who is perceived to be inept, deficient or peculiar
  2. (BDSM) A sexual submissive, almost always male, dressed generally in a black leather suit. See Gimp (sadomasochism) in Wikipedia.

I'll shoot that down. I copied this from dictionary.com

gimp

3  /gɪmp/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [gimp] Show IPA Slang.

–noun

1. a limp.

2. a person who limps; lame person.

I guess I've never taken the word "gimp" as being all that derogatory or offensive? @hmmm@

I've used the term to even describe myself at times, when I've been feeling all "gimped" up from back or shoulder pain or a muscle spasm, which is technically correct in how I'm feeling and my state of physically well being.

Now if we're going WAAAAY off onto the sexually perverse term of "gimp"...that's an entirely different, non-related, subject? :o

gimp.jpg

Actually...

THAT looks more like Snake Eyes, so maybe he is a "gimp"? @loll@

Ok enough gimp stuff already, we shot down the person who tried to pretend to be offended.

True, but the issue of Snake Eyes being a "gimp" is still relevant to the topic. I can find a LOT of "gimpish" features on these action figures, from the very beginning to current editions. ^_^

Every figure they produce can have a minor or major flaw, from uneven unequal appendages, short necks, short arms, clinched fists, twisted ankles, small hips, pinheads, melon heads, crossed eyes, bug eyes etc..

They're all discombobulated freaks of nature to some degree. ;)

Ok enough gimp stuff already, we shot down the person who tried to pretend to be offended.

True, but the issue of Snake Eyes being a "gimp" is still relevant to the topic. I can find a LOT of "gimpish" features on these action figures, from the very beginning to current editions. ^_^

Every figure they produce can have a minor or major flaw, from uneven unequal appendages, short necks, short arms, clinched fists, twisted ankles, small hips, pinheads, melon heads, crossed eyes, bug eyes etc..

They're all discombobulated freaks of nature to some degree. ;)

Wouldn't bother me too much, he's just a figure.

Well that's true, and I'm not the one that's "bothered" by it though. JohnnyRebel was bothered by the figures defective appendage and a few others were bothered by his choice words in expressing it. I'm only pointing out that such things are more common than just on this one figure. ^_^