The BK promotion starts today!!!

Dupree

Too bad Hot Wheels hasn't got the Kelvin coming yet. I'd love a faithful one right now.

I second that

Thirded, I really really really like the Kelvin's design. I've even taken a Gundam marker to the panel lines on my BK version, and added some paint to the deflector & Bussard collector. I also feel like such a dork for knowing these words.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back today, they had Prime Spock (original Spock) (:D !!!!!), Checkov (eh, I don't know how to spell it..), The Warbird (Should've made a little Nero Figure, since the Klingon Warbird's only visible during the Kobiyoshi Maru scene), and the Hoverbike (lame!) and Nero's cup (Cool.)

I got the Klingon ship last night, somehow the lady that works there thought that was the Enterprise so I printed out a big image of the Enterprise for the next trip. Seriously how the hell can you mix up a Klingon ship with the Enterprise.

I got the Klingon ship last night, somehow the lady that works there thought that was the Enterprise so I printed out a big image of the Enterprise for the next trip. Seriously how the hell can you mix up a Klingon ship with the Enterprise.

Well if they've never seen Star Trek for example... ;)

Well if they've never seen Star Trek for example... ;)

Or too lazy to google the stuff. Hopefully the decent sized picture I printed will eliminate any further confusion.

Its hard to believe that there are people out there that don't know anything about Trek or Star Wars and so on

Sometimes when I do run across these people I hive them alook like ..you have got to be kidding me

Its hard to believe that there are people out there that don't know anything about Trek or Star Wars and so on

Sometimes when I do run across these people I hive them alook like ..you have got to be kidding me

As is the case with any fandom, we're in the vast MINORITY of the general public. Most everyone isn't as big a dork as you or me to even care about toys or the movie/series they're from.

I found the easiest way to get what I wanted at BK was to simply ask "Which Star Trek toys do you have this week?" right away before I order. Every time they've either looked in a box & pulled out 3 or 4 toys to show me, or just brought the box over for me to look at. Hell, when I 1st found the Kelvin I asked if he had a 2nd & he went to look in another case (this was the mgr btw.)

• 2 weeks later...
Because we may know about this doesn't make us dorks

I feel the true dorks are people who go through life without any imagination at all

No, Geof7609 pretty much hit the nail on the head. There's nothing wrong with being a dork or more properly a GEEK, people are fans of all kinds of different things/places and someone may view them as a _____ dork/GEEK. (Pick your phrase) Unfortunately, Star Trek ended up with a stigma not because of the show or the movies but because of the fans, Star Wars has their share of over the top fans but Star Trek fans were always more visible and vocal about their fandom and as such they were labeled decades ago. It is fair to say that more people know who Spider-Man, Superman or even Darth Vader is over what the Enterprise looks like or even what Spock looks like outside of the trademark pointy ears and hand gesture. But trust me, anyone that posts on a message board about on any topic is a dork/geek or nerd about some subject. It's nothing to be ashamed of and it doesn't mean others don't have an imagination, they just prefer other subjects in life.

By the very definition everyone that posts here and on other message boards could be defined as a geek.

A person intensely interested in a particular field or hobby, generally at the expense of broader social interaction.

Anyone that posts on a message board fits that description to a T.

You may not like it, but it's the truth.. and you'll notice I lump everyone into this category and didn't exclude myself.

Yay! Went to good 'ol BK today and they still had the Star Trek promotion going on. So I asked what cup (if any) they had, and they had SPOCK'S!!!!! :D yay! Now my set is complete!

...sadly though the toys they had were Kirk, Scotty, Shuttle, and Tricorder - the first set! So I'm still missing McCoy and Sulu. :(

Oh yeah!

We got the cuuuulest UBER toys possible here now.... (sarcasm).

Check It Out! ugh! Even BOB looks bummed out...

post-14418-1244080528_thumb.jpg