The BK promotion starts today!!!

Dupree

Just seeing if anyone here was visiting their local bk for some trek stuff. I picked up the Kirk glass which is super nice and a Scotty toy. I'll take some pics later tonight. All 4 glasses were available at my BK and they had toys of Kirk, Scotty and I BELIEVE the Enterprise...I could be wrong though

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Kirk glass with breakfast (the $1.99 price is WITH a combo meal, they wouldn't sell the glass by itself.) Later, I got a Kids Meal & they had Chekov, the Tricorder & the Enterprise to choose from. I got the Enterprise & asked if I could buy extra toys, so I also got the Tricorder & a 2nd Enterprise for $1.00 each (I'm much more interested in the SD-style ships than the people.) Didn't ask if I could just buy the toys without the food, but at least they gave me the choice of toy & option to buy extra.

aaaaaaaaand... I just read that BK'll have toys for Transformers and G.I. Joe as well. Better step up the exercise regimen!

I miss McDonalds having these

BK sucks

I had problems a few years ago during the BK givaways during Revenge of the Sith

Nobody wanted to be bothered

at least at Micky D's I feel I can ask without somebody biting my head off

I was able to get the glass and toy with no food purchases. I asked specifically what toys they had cuz I only wanted Scotty and got lucky with them having him this week. As for the glasses, I asked which ones they had too and he said they had them all, so I got Kirk. I paid .99 cents for the toy and $1.99 for the glass. I'll be getting another glass tomorrow to keep fresh haha

These look too "kiddiefied". McD's would have commissioned better quality toys that would have appealed to kids and adult collectors alike.

Of course they're "kiddiefied" these are fun Kids Meal toys. If you want real-er ones buy the Playmates stuff. And these DO appeal to kids and collectors. Much as McD's recent "Clone Wars" toys which were similarily "kiddiefied". In short, I find your argument highly illogical.

Anywho, I also got Kirk and Scotty, now I just need Spock, Original Spock, and Bones. (Who am I kidding, I'm gonna go all Pokemon and get 'em all!)

The fine workers at BK will in fact sell you the toys without buying food (just make sure they're not being lazy and actually show you their store's full complement of current toys. (seems to be 4 a week for Star Trek)) but they will not sell you a cup even if you kick and scream and threaten (or so I'm told ;) ) without buying some food.

Also, clonekiller72, you were married on the bridge of the Enterprise? Sweet... please share the tale!

P.S - "Kingons"? Now I've officially seen everything....

McDonalds seems to only be interested in Disney & other animated properties, with the occasional Mattel or Hasbro line thrown in occasionally. I was genuinely surprised when they had Speed Racer cars last summer, but then I guess that partially counts as an animated property, haha.

I liked BK's Spider-Man 3 toys & their Star Wars promotion from years back that included SD characters & ships from all 6 movies. But then, I've always been a fan of SD stuff. I can see how you'd consider them "kiddiefied", but they actually have very accurate likenesses of the actors, often more accurate than the retail action figures.

Went to a different BK today & got 2 Shuttlecraft. They also had the Tricorder & Kirk, but I'm just sticking to the ships this time around.

These look too "kiddiefied". McD's would have commissioned better quality toys that would have appealed to kids and adult collectors alike.

Of course they're "kiddiefied" these are fun Kids Meal toys. If you want real-er ones buy the Playmates stuff. And these DO appeal to kids and collectors. Much as McD's recent "Clone Wars" toys which were similarily "kiddiefied". In short, I find your argument highly illogical.

You sound like you're familiar enough with their toys to know that McD has done happy meal toys of more detail and better quality than these in the past that weren't as simple, and I don't recall Playmates making those either. I was simply expecting as much now. I haven't yet seen the SW ones you are referring to, so I can't gauge if, and how far, McD has fallen in their toy quality. Either way, there has been better.

Also, my stating that ones of that quality would appeal more to adults, isn't to say NO adults would collect these current ones. Obviously, people collect all sorts of licensed merchandise. I'm saying toys equal in detail and quality to some of those past happy meal toy series' would have appealed more, and might sell better. An entirely reasonable and logical expectation.

No, I meant what I said. McD should have gotten the license, not BK.

Oh ok

NP. :)

However, it may be a moot issue if both are now comissioning lower quality toys.

McDonalds seems to only be interested in Disney & other animated properties, with the occasional Mattel or Hasbro line thrown in occasionally. I was genuinely surprised when they had Speed Racer cars last summer, but then I guess that partially counts as an animated property, haha.

I liked BK's Spider-Man 3 toys & their Star Wars promotion from years back that included SD characters & ships from all 6 movies. But then, I've always been a fan of SD stuff. I can see how you'd consider them "kiddiefied", but they actually have very accurate likenesses of the actors, often more accurate than the retail action figures.

Went to a different BK today & got 2 Shuttlecraft. They also had the Tricorder & Kirk, but I'm just sticking to the ships this time around.

I just want to specify that I'm not focusing on the figures of the characters, but more towards the tech, with emphasis on the ships. The facial details are rather good for the figure size. I'm not going to fault those.

i got all the toys and glasses except for the shuttle toy on day one. 15 down, 1 to go!!!

you can get the full set of glasses for 6.99

They were selling the glasses for $1.99 each or the set (which I bought) for $6.99, but they will NOT sell the toys seperately. You have to take what you get most of the time. So far I bought the kids meal and got Kirk. A lot bigger than those Deformed characters that Marvel and GI Joe have. Pretty cool looking. I LOVE the glasses though, especially Uhura's one, which has the USS Kelvin on the box art. So much so, that I bought an extra glass. Pretty Cool!

post-14418-1241632436_thumb.jpg

i got all the toys and glasses except for the shuttle toy on day one. 15 down, 1 to go!!!

you can get the full set of glasses for 6.99

They were selling the glasses for $1.99 each or the set (which I bought) for $6.99, but they will NOT sell the toys seperately. You have to take what you get most of the time. So far I bought the kids meal and got Kirk. A lot bigger than those Deformed characters that Marvel and GI Joe have. Pretty cool looking. I LOVE the glasses though, especially Uhura's one, which has the USS Kelvin on the box art. So much so, that I bought an extra glass. Pretty Cool!

depends on where you go...i got all my toys separately. One BK in town only gave me 3 to pick from, while another had em all.

depends on where you go...i got all my toys separately. One BK in town only gave me 3 to pick from, while another had em all.

Yeah, it really does vary from store to store. I haven't actually tried walking in & just asking outright to buy the toys without any food, but so far each store has been great about showing me what they have & letting me choose. The most I've seen at any one location was 7, where I got the Warbird.

So far I have 2 Enterprises, 2 Shuttles, 2 Tricorders, 2 Kirks & a Warbird. I'm pretty much only looking for the Kelvin & maybe Spock's Jellyfish ship. I'm still not really interested in the crew figures, but one store only had Kirk & the Tricorder, so I took Kirk & then later today a friend gave me another Kirk haha. I'm really liking the design of the Kelvin, hope there's a Hot Wheels version coming sometime.

Well as usual the BK in my area likes to give me fits

They wouldn't sell me the four glasses separetly

But I did get three value meals and I got one each so all I need now is Kirks glass

At all of the BKs in Des Moines they have a sign offering the entire set for $7.99. I was going to get the toys, but I rediscovered that I cannot stomach BK food.

I had picked up the glasses along with the Kirk kids meal toy. (the box label said it contained Kirk, Scotty, Chekov, Tricorder & shuttle) And the kids meal toy looks more like Kirk than the 2 new lines of figures from Playmates.

IMGP4993.jpg

But I did get three value meals and I got one each so all I need now is Kirks glass

At all of the BKs in Des Moines they have a sign offering the entire set for $7.99. I was going to get the toys, but I rediscovered that I cannot stomach BK food.

I do like the chicken sandwich but i'm more of a McDonalds fan

I do like the chicken sandwich but i'm more of a McDonalds fan

I used to like BK more but since my college days I have not been able to stand it. I'm thinking it's because I associate BK as the only fast food restaurant in campustown that was near the bars so we'd go there to get some cheap food in our systems.

The toys aren't bad. The Enterprise had the plastic tab thingy break off in it so the sounds don't work. I haven't figured out a way to get it out. I think that the Star Wars toys that both BK and then later McDonalds had are a better quality. The glasses are neat. I'm amazed at the quality of the printing.

Got the Kelvin today but I wish the sound was activated by a "bridge" button instead of by pressing down the upper hull/nacelle/thingy, it's way too easy to press, haha. I only want Spock's ship after this, but I think I might pick up the set of 4 glasses since all the BKs here in SoCal offer the set for $6.99 (presumably with combo meal purchase.)