so i saw another collector today at target

i was just checking the dcuc figures and this guy was looking through the justice league universe figures, when i walked up to the dcuc next to him he kinda looked embarrassed to be seen and left, thought it was funny to see another collector in my area, if i see him again i'll ask him about what he buys @pun@ @smash@

i was just checking the dcuc figures and this guy was looking through the justice league universe figures, when i walked up to the dcuc next to him he kinda looked embarrassed to be seen and left, thought it was funny to see another collector in my area, if i see him again i'll ask him about what he buys @pun@ @smash@

Maybe he was just frustrated after flipping through 8 JLU Kilowags, 3 DCUC Red Superman, 4 DCUC Blue Superman, 2 Black Manta, and a couple of DCIH figs, He wanted to slap somebody at Target, Mattel, or both. COLLECTER ANGRY, COLLECTOR SMASH!! I'm sure you know the feeling.

I was in Target the other day and I noticed a JLU Parasite and Dr. Fate and I said "Holy [stuff] they actually have new JLU figures and not 50 Kilowogs." and the guy next to me got all excited and was like "yeah! it's great! do you collect JLU?" and I said "No, but I know a lot of guys online who do."

he got kinda dejected and walked off. I think he wanted to make a new friend.

I don't usually meet other collectors in the toy aisle. When I do we chat, we move on. I have seen them act like jerks when kids are in the aisle. And one time I saw a guy bolt for the register with what appeared to be a bunch on JLU figures looking like someone was gonna jump him. Weird.

I don't usually meet other collectors in the toy aisle. When I do we chat, we move on. I have seen them act like jerks when kids are in the aisle. And one time I saw a guy bolt for the register with what appeared to be a bunch on JLU figures looking like someone was gonna jump him. Weird.

lulz, i don't mind when kids are in the aisle, its the parents that annoy me, they always give me weird looks

lulz, i don't mind when kids are in the aisle, its the parents that annoy me, they always give me weird looks

Oh never and I mean never give a damn of what other think of you

Hell my take on it would be ...

"WTF are you looking at"?

Oh never and I mean never give a damn of what other think of you

Hell my take on it would be ...

"WTF are you looking at"?

lol yeah i'm slowly getting there, before i use to quickly walk by the aisle and get a quick look, but now i walk right up to the figures and ignore everyone else

Hell they don't know if your buying for somebody else

I was like this at first when I started but after a while you don't care what they think

The only weakness I have are the kids I don't want to see them go without So I move to the side till they are done

I was like this at first when I started but after a while you don't care what they think

The only weakness I have are the kids I don't want to see them go without So I move to the side till they are done

kids? dont start with kids! when DCU wave 4 came out, a collector sent a kid to take WW out of my cart. the kid says that he didnt know it was my cart, and i told'em that it was cool. just for the hell of it, i asked him who his favorite DC character was......he had no clue what DC was, let alone who WW was. he said that his brother's friend told him to grab it, and that if he did, he(brothers friend) would buy him (the kid) some pizza.

"I use to just walk past the isle at first"....?? **giggles** you guys sound like me when I was working up the nerv to buy my 1st P-mag. I circuled the "straight" isles for the longest & waited for the place to get near empty LOL! But TOYS??? shiiiiiiit man I never even knew collectors felt stress about buying toys.

I'll dart an evil look at any & all who stand in my way. I don't care about kids, they'll only loose intrest as soon as the thrill of opening it is gone. Toys this good should go to thoes who will love them the most & not take them for granted.

kids? dont start with kids! when DCU wave 4 came out, a collector sent a kid to take WW out of my cart. the kid says that he didnt know it was my cart, and i told'em that it was cool. just for the hell of it, i asked him who his favorite DC character was......he had no clue what DC was, let alone who WW was. he said that his brother's friend told him to grab it, and that if he did, he(brothers friend) would buy him (the kid) some pizza.
Did you get your wonder woman back?

I take my son with me to Target and TRU when he's not in school and it can be fun to watch grown men cower away from the mighty power of a 6 year old in the action figure aisle. We usually are not looking for anything in particular because I find stuff online before they hit the stores in our area, but it is fun to look.

Toys are for kids. When I'm in the aisle with them they get first picks. HOWEVER, using them to steal from another collector is shady.

I don't mind the dirty looks but I do mind people (customers and cashiers) not minding their own business. I took advantage of the Wolverine/Star Trek sales at Toys r Us Sunday (that means I bought a lot of stuff) and the cashier says "Are these all for you?" Just ring me out.

One time when ROTS figures were out this lady said to me "You look like someone who knows about this stuff." I didn't know whether that was a compliment or an insult.

Toys are for kids. When I'm in the aisle with them they get first picks. HOWEVER, using them to steal from another collector is shady.

I don't mind the dirty looks but I do mind people (customers and cashiers) not minding their own business. I took advantage of the Wolverine/Star Trek sales at Toys r Us Sunday (that means I bought a lot of stuff) and the cashier says "Are these all for you?" Just ring me out.

One time when ROTS figures were out this lady said to me "You look like someone who knows about this stuff." I didn't know whether that was a compliment or an insult.

sounds like a compliment

The proper resonse to that is "And you look like you know a lot about Duncan Hines...'

I've found the best way to deal with odd looks when you're shopping is to do something that just takes people completely by surprise.

Get a dirty look?

Look at them, work up a tear and yell, "I NEVER LEARNED TO READ!" or something similar. Then go back to being completely normal.

he never got it!... i watch my cart when i toy shop!(lol) thats how i peeped out what he was on. when i was about 16...i was ruthless! i didnt give a crap who had a figure, if i wanted it...it was mine! ive taken things from carts, damaged packages, and all sorts of dumb sh*t! if it wasnt for my uncle(he got me into comics, and has been reading/collecting since the 50's) ill still be doing that petty, knuckle headed B.S. he actually popped me in the head!(hard too!) made me put the toys back into the cart, and dragged me out of the store like i was 3! he wouldnt talk to me, or let me read any of his books. it hurt a little......but it staighten me out. (well worth it)

he never got it!... i watch my cart when i toy shop!(lol) thats how i peeped out what he was on. when i was about 16...i was ruthless! i didnt give a crap who had a figure, if i wanted it...it was mine! ive taken things from carts, damaged packages, and all sorts of dumb sh*t! if it wasnt for my uncle(he got me into comics, and has been reading/collecting since the 50's) ill still be doing that petty, knuckle headed B.S. he actually popped me in the head!(hard too!) made me put the toys back into the cart, and dragged me out of the store like i was 3! he wouldnt talk to me, or let me read any of his books. it hurt a little......but it staighten me out. (well worth it)
That is easily the coolest story I've ever heard. Your Uncle is the man! And now you are too, as a result!

That is easily the coolest story I've ever heard. Your Uncle is the man! And now you are too, as a result!

its the truth! i was at a point where i'd ask a kid if i could check out the fig, and just walk away quickly once he handed it over. i was 15-16 years old then, but thats no excuse! i think that my uncle stopped me from being a scalper!

its the truth! i was at a point where i'd ask a kid if i could check out the fig, and just walk away quickly once he handed it over. i was 15-16 years old then, but thats no excuse! i think that my uncle stopped me from being a scalper!

lol collecting figures for you is some serious sh!t @loll@