Star Trek Toy Sale At TRU Starting This Sunday

JayC

Nice. Looks like the Electronic Enterprise will be $23.99, might actually pick that one up next week.

Still not sure about the 12" Collector figures or 3 3/4" figures. Those are much better prices, but neither line looks all that impressive.

I already have the Enterprise and a couple of figures. After seeing the new engine room i'm wondering if the new ship can get more disappointing.

Where did you see the new Engine Room?

trekmovie.com has a clip of scotty in it and I've looked up images of it.

I'll try.

Here is a semi blurry view but you get the point.

05.jpg

Wow! I didn't know that the Enterprise was an old steamer ship!

It's all very Star Wars-y. I like Star Wars so maybe I'll like this. Not a big fan of a large chunk of the Playmates toys though. I like most of the 3-3/4" line and that's about it.

Figures. I was there today to see if they had any of the HW ships, and found the D. But, to please you all, they have a massive section dedicated to the Star Trek movie. Like they did when the Clone Wars merch came out last year. And in the one I went to, they also had an aisle section and an endcap, so I guess you're guaranteed to find something you're looking for! (Odd thing, though, there was no DST stuff anywhere, but that may have just been that one store.)

But, to please you all, they have a massive section dedicated to the Star Trek movie. Like they did when the Clone Wars merch came out last year. And in the one I went to, they also had an aisle section and an endcap, so I guess you're guaranteed to find something you're looking for!

I wonder how this stuff is going to sell to the kids? Will anyone be buying all of this stuff? Could we be looking at a repeat of Indiana Jones '08?

I know I'll be passing on most of the movie merchandise unless I see it at clearance prices. Might try out a 12" figure, might pick up the electronic Enterprise, and might pick up a Roleplay toy or two, but otherwise, I'm not seeing much that interests me at this point.

But, to please you all, they have a massive section dedicated to the Star Trek movie. Like they did when the Clone Wars merch came out last year. And in the one I went to, they also had an aisle section and an endcap, so I guess you're guaranteed to find something you're looking for!

I wonder how this stuff is going to sell to the kids? Will anyone be buying all of this stuff? Could we be looking at a repeat of Indiana Jones '08?

I know I'll be passing on most of the movie merchandise unless I see it at clearance prices. Might try out a 12" figure, might pick up the electronic Enterprise, and might pick up a Roleplay toy or two, but otherwise, I'm not seeing much that interests me at this point.

I kinda wonder about that too. I personally won't be picking anything up except the Hot Wheels ships. I love ST, but I hate reboots. Only good thing I can think of coming of this is some kids DO get into the franchise, and somehow more DST product is picked up by TrU. It really IS kinda like Indy, in that it's more likely the parents of said kids would be the ones who know more about the deal. It's a fragile balance that companies have to deal with before doing something like this.

Not sure exactly what's going on sale, but the Star Trek and Terminator stuff will be Feature Shop items. At least it is at the TRU I work at, because I had to set it today. If it stays par for all TRU's, then most of the stuff will be up at the front of the store. :D

I'll try.

Here is a semi blurry view but you get the point.

05.jpg

Wow! I didn't know that the Enterprise was an old steamer ship!

It's all very Star Wars-y. I like Star Wars so maybe I'll like this. Not a big fan of a large chunk of the Playmates toys though. I like most of the 3-3/4" line and that's about it.

This is a 23rd Century starship, steamer ship crap doesn't cut it. Even the engine room of ships on Star Wars were more modern than this.

And none of the John Connor figures have Bale's face either, one has a scarf covering his whole face with goggles on the and other has goggles and a helmet. I'm gonna complain I want a "Bale Out" John Connor figure with bonus cursing at the robots.

I'm hoping the kids will like this stuff but they wont be bugging their parents for anything until the movie comes out. After that, we'll see.

I think I'll go in tomorrow and pick up a Kirk and Spock 6''. People don't seem to be talking about this line as much as the 3 3/4'' line. The build a bridge is OK but no way would I pick up every figure to build it (couldn't care less about "cadet" figures).

I kinda wonder about that too. I personally won't be picking anything up except the Hot Wheels ships. I love ST, but I hate reboots. Only good thing I can think of coming of this is some kids DO get into the franchise, and somehow more DST product is picked up by TrU. It really IS kinda like Indy, in that it's more likely the parents of said kids would be the ones who know more about the deal. It's a fragile balance that companies have to deal with before doing something like this.

Sometimes you need a reboot

Old Star Trek was getting stale

Sometimes you need a reboot

Old Star Trek was getting stale

I guess it depends on what you consider 'reboot' to mean. I can see something would need to be done if an actor known for portraying a main character died (like Superman), but I personally mostly do not appreciate Hollywood's desire to 'make it fresh and relateable to modern generations'. In the case of Star Trek, I would have been happier if they took this cast and put them in a Starfleet Academy scenario. But again, that's just me, and I understand others look for that freshness and updates.

And while I don't consider old ST to be anywhere near stale, I do acknowledge that the probability of reuniting cast members from pretty much any series is kind of slim at this point. At least not to do what we are used to them doing. All the action and adventure would be a little beyond their years, to put it politely. I just think it would have been a better idea to tell a new story rather than rewrite what they've already told. But you can't please all the people all the time...

They maybe should have done a show or movie focusing on a new ship and crew in the late 24th century. Needless to say the new flick totally ignored Kirk's original past. Like Enterprise this will be cool at first then totally craptastic later on.

They maybe should have done a show or movie focusing on a new ship and crew in the late 24th century. Needless to say the new flick totally ignored Kirk's original past. Like Enterprise this will be cool at first then totally craptastic later on.

The problem with a new show is technobabbel,Stafleet regualations and protocol..meaning talk solves and no action

Talk solving isn't bad but on TV we need to see some action to be hooked

The problem with a new show is technobabbel,Stafleet regualations and protocol..meaning talk solves and no action

That so called technobabble is easy to figure out. In case people haven't noticed, science is a bunch of technobabble. Time will tell though.

That so called technobabble is easy to figure out. In case people haven't noticed, science is a bunch of technobabble. Time will tell though.

I think the bigger problem was repetition. I remember being surprised at how quickly Voyager grew on me in it's 1st season, but subsequent years brought on all the same rehashed storylines that made me give up on DS9 (until that show's 7th season, which was awesomely awesome.) I never had a problem with the technotalk, it was just part of the Star Trek world to me. But good lord I almost wish the Mirror Universe had never been created :P

ANYWAY, I think I may pick up a couple of the 3" figures in this sale. I caved last week & bought Kirk, so now I guess I need a McCoy haha.

I thought about and will wait till next staurday to get anything

Not only do I get my check but I can see if Target will have a sale on these where I can use my discount

Geof I forgot to add that point too