So bub... how you like Wolverine, the movie?

dreamer

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. There were a few "What The?" moments, and I felt they missed out on using Ryan Reynolds Smart A$$ humor to make Deadpool a character that you definitely want to in his own movie (even though I can see them doing it anyway, as long as he gets his mask and looks like Deadpool in the comics).

I agree, they didn't really "use" the characters as effectively as they could have.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The oriental guy was supposed to be Maverick?

No, he's Agent Zero... or is it Maverick?

But ya, I had no idea who Agent Zero is, so I

did a little search online... and I still have no

flipping clue who he is... anyone?

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Agent_Zero

Another Snake Eyes wannabe?

250px-WEAPON_X_3.jpg

Yes, Agent Zero = Maverick.

Yeah, Maverick is Agent Zero.

In a revamp of some of the X-Books, the Maverick identity was dropped and Nord became Agent Zero.

It seemed pretty pointless at the time since he was killed off shortly after anyway.

Starman

I thought the movie started strong but ended weak. I did not like how they made Deadpool like super adaptoid or something. I also think the whole shooting Wolverine in the head causing him to loose all his memories was totally lame. Even worse how Stryker new shooting him in the head would somehow cause him to loose all his memories.

I like Gambit and Sabretooth. I think having Cyclops in the movie was a complete waste and frankly so was Emma Frost. Not a bad popcorn flick and better than last stand but not nearly as good as X2 or even X1.

I couldn't agree more the movie was very strong at the start but seemed almost rushed at the end. I liked sabertooth as well. The only thing that bothers me is if this is trying to somehow fit in with the other x men movies. Sabertooth as we all know was alot bigger and didn't seem to know wolverine.

I thought the movie started strong but ended weak. I did not like how they made Deadpool like super adaptoid or something. I also think the whole shooting Wolverine in the head causing him to loose all his memories was totally lame. Even worse how Stryker new shooting him in the head would somehow cause him to loose all his memories.

I like Gambit and Sabretooth. I think having Cyclops in the movie was a complete waste and frankly so was Emma Frost. Not a bad popcorn flick and better than last stand but not nearly as good as X2 or even X1.

I couldn't agree more the movie was very strong at the start but seemed almost rushed at the end. I liked sabertooth as well. The only thing that bothers me is if this is trying to somehow fit in with the other x men movies. Sabertooth as we all know was alot bigger and didn't seem to know wolverine.

Actually, it was implied Sabertooth knew Wolverine, if you want to read into it. Sabertooth was such a minor character in the first movie it didn't really matter. And I'm sure they woulda used the original actor if he hadn't died.

And Striker's bullets were laced with "memory removal liquid".

And I'm sure they woulda used the original actor if he hadn't died.

Uh...Tyler Mane isn't dead. He was Michael Myers in Rob Zombie's Halloween and is going to be in the sequel H2.

Starman

The jacka$$ that thought it would be cool to have Deadpool have swords come out of this wrists, and shoot cyclops' beams out of his eyes needs a swift kick in the a$$. Why couldn't they have just made it Deadpool, with his hood, being the "merc with a mouth" that we all know and love? They could've easily done this with a few small plot changes, but they had to totally screw up the ending of a movie that could've been decent. For this reason alone, I probably won't want to watch this movie again, because as soon as it gets to the ending, I'm just gonna be sitting there going "WTF?"

15wkxar.jpg

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

And I'm sure they woulda used the original actor if he hadn't died.

Uh...Tyler Mane isn't dead. He was Michael Myers in Rob Zombie's Halloween and is going to be in the sequel H2.

Starman

I'll have to tell my friend he lied then! @loll@

I really liked this movie. I was expecting bad things, but now I feel like all the reviews were unfairly harsh with it.

If people were more familiar with Wolverine to begin with the way they're familiar with Batman, Superman, and even Spider-Man, I think the reviews would have been more forgiving. The fact that so many reviews I read mentioned Jackman's physique or nudity tells me they have no clue about the story. Many seemed to think they had Jackman go nude just for the hell of it even though that's how Wolverine was portrayed in the comics when the Weapon X story was written back in the '90s.

It wasn't perfect, and like everyone else I thought the Deadpool/Weapon XI thing was terrible, but at least we're getting a spinoff Deadpool movie and another Wolverine. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and get both films right (with better writers and more fitting directors).

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't become all overly nit picky. Especially with geeky things like this but: Cyclops does NOT HAVE HEAT VISION!!!!

The Deadpool thing was dumb but I'm not a fan of the character in the first place (Wolvies claws retract into his fore arm. Fine. When movie Deadpool's swords retract, how can he bend his elbows?????)

I thought the Blob fight was one of the better scenes in the movie.

Gambit was JUST cool enough to overlook the fact that the guy could not do a Cajun accent.

Professor X! Yay!

Some real cheesy dialogue thrown in there every once in a while...anyone notice?

I really don't know if I like this movie or not. I'll have to think about it.