Hasbro G.I. Joe Resolute Q&A

xhairs

Hasbro has set up a special Q&A for fans of G.I. Joe Resolute!

You've seen Resolute - now get the answers to all your burning questions! The creative team (Joaquim Dos Santos - Director, Dan Norton - Lead Background & Prop Designer, Steve Drucker - Executive Producer) that brought you Resolute will discuss your questions and feedback in an exclusive Hasbro interview.

Submit your questions by 11:59pm on Sunday, May 3rd - then return to gijoeresolute.com on May 7, 2009 and watch the interview to see if we picked your question and to get all the behind-the-scenes intel!

http://www.hasbro.com/resolute/resolute/en_US/ask.cfm

ok i asked

1) what charters can we expect to be made in to toys. as i want them all.

2) when can we get more of the toon.

3) did zartan die as he was the only questionable death

then i said thanks and i loved it all. and they should do more.

• 2 weeks later...
there is more to come that was just a teaser.

We know that. But it also DID say the 7th. How long does it take to read some questions and answer them? Even if they dozens (hundreds?), the majority are going to be variations of the same question, if NOT the same exact question.

there is more to come that was just a teaser.

We know that. But it also DID say the 7th. How long does it take to read some questions and answer them? Even if they dozens (hundreds?), the majority are going to be variations of the same question, if NOT the same exact question.

cuse hasbro is making us wait till there Q&A is up.

• 3 weeks later...

These guys are friggin idiots.

First Question: Why did you kill certain characters? This refers to Bazooka and Major Bludd.

Simple answer? They had to kill SOMEBODY.

Long answer? Bazooka was "loveable" and Major Bludd was a mercenary.

Second Question: Are Zartan, Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander really dead?

Answer: Who knows? Seriously, that was the answer.

Third Question: Why is Dial Tone a woman?

Answer: The character got a lot of lines.

Fourth Question: What was the design vision? How was it inspired by the 1980's toys?

Answer: You want to have the look of the technology (vehicles) realistic and just a little futuristic.

Fifth Question: Did the program meet your expectations?

Answer: WTF kind of question is that? Who cares what THEY think? If they didn't like what they did, they wouldn't have done it that way would they? And they sure as hell aren't going to bad mouth the work....

Man it took them how long to come up with THOSE questions? Wow.

Honestly I wasn't expecting any real answers. I'm sure who they chose to kill was pretty random, atleast with regards to Bludd and Bazooka. They probably looked at the main plot for the script and said well these two guys aren't really featured so...

As for if they liked what they did, as someone else pointed out why badmouth it if they didn't? And as for more, we all know (or I would bet there's a 90% chance) that Resolute was it. The next cartoon we get will either be a completely new take on Joe (a la S6, I don't mean style wise but reinvention wise) or something tied into the movie.

Honestly I wasn't expecting any real answers. I'm sure who they chose to kill was pretty random, atleast with regards to Bludd and Bazooka. They probably looked at the main plot for the script and said well these two guys aren't really featured so...

As for if they liked what they did, as someone else pointed out why badmouth it if they didn't? And as for more, we all know (or I would bet there's a 90% chance) that Resolute was it. The next cartoon we get will either be a completely new take on Joe (a la S6, I don't mean style wise but reinvention wise) or something tied into the movie.

I dunno. That depends on how well the movie does, doesn't it? Resolute was "very popular" so I don't see why its unlikely we wouldn't see something similar later.

What I'd like to see? A G.I. Joe tv show using the action figures.

zartan is most likely dead according to wikipedia duke shot him in the back of the headresolute zartan's death according to wikipedia

Actually, he just shot him in the back. WHERE specifically is debatable, but since people are, generally, trained to aim "center of mass", its more likely just a shot in the back.

I think the only character that we could really say was dead would be Storm Shadow since Snake Eyes built that rock cairn for him. Classic grave.

But then we also have The First Law of Resurrection

zartan is most likely dead according to wikipedia duke shot him in the back of the headresolute zartan's death according to wikipedia

Actually, he just shot him in the back. WHERE specifically is debatable, but since people are, generally, trained to aim "center of mass", its more likely just a shot in the back.

I think the only character that we could really say was dead would be Storm Shadow since Snake Eyes built that rock cairn for him. Classic grave.

thought that too i'm just saying thats what wikipedia said i was sure he got shot in the back so maybe wikipedia is wrong still surviving a shot in the back he would probably confined to a chair

thought that too i'm just saying thats what wikipedia said i was sure he got shot in the back so maybe wikipedia is wrong still surviving a shot in the back he would probably confined to a chair

Yes, I'm saying the wikipedia entry is wrong. No offense unto you, of course. I went and looked up the video on youtube to be sure.

It really depends on a lot of circumstances as to how serious his injurie(s) from the shot were. Was he wearing armor? Did the shot hit anything vital or did he just go into shock?

But then, the GUNSHOT might be moot anyway since the base blew up. Not only was that one huge ass blast, he's be in the middle of Siberia.