Now that Resolute is over, something I don't understand

BoomBatty

there is nothing about this that is confusing, unless you do have the mental capacity of your so-called chumpies. yee, like I said, I'm the villain and the Taco Bell worker because I'm not stupid. nice logic.

You're the villain b/c you responded like a grade A douche when people were having a pleasant discussion. Fortunately intellect has nothing to do with that.

I'm the villain and the Taco Bell worker because I'm not stupid. nice logic.

No, you're the not the "villain" because you're "not stupid"...you're the "villain" because you seem to enjoy telling others that they are. There's other choice words for what you are, but why bother...I think you like it?

The Johnny-on-the-spot, knee jerk reaction to anyone's slightest hint of criticism towards Hasbro, is kinda funny though. ^_^

"YOU MESS WITH MY BUDDIES..YOU MESS WITH ME!!"

bully.jpg

Hasbro's little bully! @loll@

Folks, not everyone knows the in and outs of the animation industry, so its easy to assume and easier to be confused by things.

I said what i said in defense of the people who did not KNOW this was just test footage. I knew that. Not everyone follows every piece of news on joe. I have seen people who asked this question get rather rude responses.

I had always assumed these test footages were usually done in a way they could be used later to save money. Although this does not appear to be the case, industry outsider though i am, i do feel that would be a smarter move as the script done or not could have featured something simple like this before being picked up and brought to HQ with an easy adaption. That would give them a few more moments for their buck.

There was no deduction needed just reading the news that was posted originally when the clip was shown.

Ahhh, that requires way to much research just trying to find the old item. It is much easier to simply post the question...or not apparently.

Hey, I was one of'em that was waiting for the promo segment to show up in one of the episodes. It likely demonstrates my sub-par standing in the community (as a fan) that I didn't instantly log the concept of "promotional material only" to memory and know to NOT look for it in the series, but I don't see the big deal over it. Once explained, it made perfect sense and the only issue I saw (that Rev brought up) is why put the expense into that much of the cartoon when they could have just as easily used a snippet of the actual cartoon? That's been explained satisfactorily as well, but I understood his question perfectly, and knowing how EXPENSE is an over used excuse as to why Hasbro can't do this or won't do that, when we've posed hypothetical scenarios before based on our wants and wishes for product and whatnot, you start to get the sense that Hasbro is a very frugal and stingy corporation and really watches their pennies, so I knew EXACTLY where Rev was coming from. ^_^

I'm glade you got where i was coming from! Hasbro is a tight company (as they should be!) Some questions can be answered easily, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ask if we don't know!

Also as a fan of a property, i want it to grow, and one of the ways i can personally help to see that happen, is to answer questions with friendly helpful replise and offer my opinions to keep discussion alive.

I also want to see Tni/adc live too and feel that is my best way to contribute in that area as well.

I had always assumed these test footages were usually done in a way they could be used later to save money. Although this does not appear to be the case, industry outsider though i am, i do feel that would be a smarter move as the script done or not could have featured something simple like this before being picked up and brought to HQ with an easy adaption. That would give them a few more moments for their buck

Well, the costs are mitigated along the way.

Because the expense of doing a promo often comes out of the pocket of the client (or the studio) without any guarantee of going into production ( for the series), the costs are often a deduction on corporate income taxes.

This to the tune that ALL the expenses made on the promo comes straight off the gross income--which can be a sizable savings come tax time.

The reasoning is just like all the expense taking in pre-production development. There's multiple script treatments often done, many plot ideas (some good, some less so) explored, and piles of artwork and designs considered until the final designs are chosen. They all have their place in building the foundation of the actual production itself, but are not actually used in the production itself.

The other thing a promo will do is give (foreign) animation crews a dry-run before tackling the main production itself--work the kinks out as it were.

Its true that animation is often edited beforehand rather than in post production, because animation is so expensive to produce ( especially in terms of man-hours--so most productions only animate what will be seen in the final broadcast show), so logically using the promo footage in the actual production seems to make sense.

But that is seldom the practice, mostly because the promo work is already considered a write-off--and the actual production will cost what it costs anyway even with using the promo footage in the actual film.

there is nothing about this that is confusing, unless you do have the mental capacity of your so-called chumpies. yee, like I said, I'm the villain and the Taco Bell worker because I'm not stupid. nice logic.

You're the villain b/c you responded like a grade A douche when people were having a pleasant discussion. Fortunately intellect has nothing to do with that.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Oddly enough, GSCBR has always provided the "Here's how it is"-comments...

And then there's everyone getting upset over it. How droll...

I thought everyone knew it was Test footage. It was stated all over the place. But, that was almost a year ago too. Guess people forgot. (Yes, I know I'm better than everyone else because I didn't forget, now you too can insult me for my difference of opinion!)

-Kevin

What amazes me is how long this thread has been dragged (drug?) out without any significant advancements made. Guess that is a result of the lack of anything newsworthy to report on the G I Joe front these days. As they say, 'idle hands...' That'll change once the movie gets closer.

Well I don't care about the test shot! because thats like an intro for the new animated series, something like the the oiginal intros of the revenge of the cobra or the intros of the first and second season of the old GI JOE cartoon, with that big Cobra ship that never appear in the cartoon...

I think the new cartoon is looking good and hope to see more episodes in the near future with more action and more Cobra characters!

I thought everyone knew it was Test footage. It was stated all over the place. But, that was almost a year ago too. Guess people forgot. (Yes, I know I'm better than everyone else because I didn't forget, now you too can insult me for my difference of opinion!)

-Kevin

Kevin (and really everyone here),

Although this is waaaaayyy off the topic I introduced to begin with...

Regardless of whether or not I remembered or actually read that fact (it must have been assumed by some that I read every piece of news TNI has ever published therefore my question was folly) it was how the response was given that brought out the wolves. Better to kill with kindness I suppose. As for the fact that this thread languished on, you have to admit it is kind of funny (as Ares put it) that it has probably survived due to a lack of worthy news being published.

As for insulting you b/c you didn't forget, aw come on, you can't really believe that the reason people got up in arms was b/c "he that should not be named" got really insulting over said fact. I didn't realize it was purely a test shot and while I may or may not have read that fact I don't see why me asking the question was such a big deal. You would think I punched someone's mom in the nose with the negativity.

I do have a point here believe it or not:

1) People shouldn't assume everyone knows every nit picking detail of every story here on TNI (mods included...cough...cough)

2) Most folks here aren't looking to pick a fight (in fact my question was a legitimate question, not an attempt to inflame those in the know, in fact the better response from those in the know would be to inform, not to insult, but to each his own) but to get info and exchange ideas.

3) If a jerkie response is the only response you as a poster think is warranted, maybe it is time to take a step back, breathe, count to ten (or type to ten since you are on your computer anyways). No, not all "and now you know" posts are jerkie, but they become jerkie when a certain attitude is conveyed (and "yes" you can convey an attitude with typing only, inflection free).

4) For better or for worse, expect that everyone and their brother will jump on the bandwagon. Case in point, this rolling thread that simply wont die. I have received my answer and yet so much more :)

Having said all of this I have also violated points 1), 2), 3) and 4) so I am no angel either. I just think that eventually you get the kid that doesn't have the thick skin who joins, lurks, finally posts, gets shot down and goes away for good. That is the worst thing that can happen to the longevity of the board here.

I will now step off of my soapbox and go back to being my rude self.

You iz all dumb b*tches ;)

-Kevin

Kevin (and really everyone here),

Although this is waaaaayyy off the topic I introduced to begin with...

Regardless of whether or not I remembered or actually read that fact (it must have been assumed by some that I read every piece of news TNI has ever published therefore my question was folly) it was how the response was given that brought out the wolves. Better to kill with kindness I suppose. As for the fact that this thread languished on, you have to admit it is kind of funny (as Ares put it) that it has probably survived due to a lack of worthy news being published.

As for insulting you b/c you didn't forget, aw come on, you can't really believe that the reason people got up in arms was b/c "he that should not be named" got really insulting over said fact. I didn't realize it was purely a test shot and while I may or may not have read that fact I don't see why me asking the question was such a big deal. You would think I punched someone's mom in the nose with the negativity.

I do have a point here believe it or not:

1) People shouldn't assume everyone knows every nit picking detail of every story here on TNI (mods included...cough...cough)

2) Most folks here aren't looking to pick a fight (in fact my question was a legitimate question, not an attempt to inflame those in the know, in fact the better response from those in the know would be to inform, not to insult, but to each his own) but to get info and exchange ideas.

3) If a jerkie response is the only response you as a poster think is warranted, maybe it is time to take a step back, breathe, count to ten (or type to ten since you are on your computer anyways). No, not all "and now you know" posts are jerkie, but they become jerkie when a certain attitude is conveyed (and "yes" you can convey an attitude with typing only, inflection free).

4) For better or for worse, expect that everyone and their brother will jump on the bandwagon. Case in point, this rolling thread that simply wont die. I have received my answer and yet so much more :)

Having said all of this I have also violated points 1), 2), 3) and 4) so I am no angel either. I just think that eventually you get the kid that doesn't have the thick skin who joins, lurks, finally posts, gets shot down and goes away for good. That is the worst thing that can happen to the longevity of the board here.

I will now step off of my soapbox and go back to being my rude self.

You iz all dumb b*tches ;)

There's a certain segment of the community that have some serious contention for others within it and not necessarily on a personal level or anyone in specific, just the mindset they share. You have folks that loathe the "fan boy" mentality and then those that despise the "whiners and complainers" and that's the top two as there's likely more groups we all fall into and like High School, we're all mentally segregated and seek to please our own and rile up the opposition.

I think some folks are just socially disabled and take all this stuff waaaay too personal. I remember when I first signed up on a G.I.Joe forum to chat with others about the old toys, how rough and unforgiving some folks could be, if you made informational faux pas on anything to do with cartoon or comic box canon and beyond that, you could get beat up for just making a common message board mistake or flub on the forum etiquette.

It's mellowed out over the years, but you can see that there's still a few around that want to flex their muscles over the Internet and rough up a few people who can't KEEP UP, aren't as G.I.Joe savvy and sophisticated as themselves and make emotional or non-intellectual comments on toys, comics, cartoons, movies, and the makers or manufactures of any of those listed.

Hell, I remember when EEJ use to threaten complainers, and Hasbro bashers, with a 2x4! @loll@

Some people are just weird I guess?