Now that Resolute is over, something I don't understand

BoomBatty

Loved Resolute but it left me wondering something.

Where is the footage showed at comicon? You know, (you can still see it on youtube) the shots of Duke & Roadblockduty pinned down and Snake Eyes hovers in and puts the ninja wammajamma down?

Is there more footage that might be incorporated at a later date? Was this a piece of a new series to come? Or was it an expensive test shot?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Where is the footage showed at comicon? You, know (you can still see it on youtube) the shots of Duke & Roadblockduty pinned down and Snake Eyes hovers in and puts the ninja wammajamma down?

Is there more footage that might be incorporated at a later date? Was this a piece of a new series to come? Or was it an expensive test shot?

The stuff you saw at Comicon was promo footage--never intended to be used on the film itself. purpose is really just what you saw at the event....some animation used to hype and sell the project.

Where is the footage showed at comicon? You, know (you can still see it on youtube) the shots of Duke & Roadblockduty pinned down and Snake Eyes hovers in and puts the ninja wammajamma down?

The stuff you saw at Comicon was promo footage--never intended to be used on the film itself. purpose is really just what you saw at the event....some animation used to hype and sell the project.

Dang, I hope it ends up on the DVD. That stuff was awesome.

That was an odd choice for hasbro really. Wouldn't it have been better to do something they could use? It's not your fault boombatty but i've noticed on multiple boards this question has been asked multiple times. It's been seen answered a lot, but Hasbro could have avoided this confusion.

Promo clips are standard in the animation biz. They are done to showcase how the actual production will look, usually as a means to sell the product to a third party. In this case, because this version of GIJOE is thematically different from previous versions, doing some complete test animation was probably wise to sell both Hasbro and the network(s), and sponsors on the idea.

Yes, even though Hasbro called for this sort of thing to be done, the production studio was still needed to visualize the concept so that Hasbro management could see what the concept looked like on screen.

Its not enough to just say " we want a more "mature" GIJOE cartoon"--it literally has to be spelled out for people.

That is where the promo cartoon comes in.

I was wondering that, too - kept waiting for it during the whole movie, thinking 'it won't be over at least until I see that bit'.

My guess would be similar to Arrow's - the producers put something together to show the buyers, thinking they would fit it in somewhere, but when it came down to the actual writing, maybe they decided it wouldn't work with their storyline, and just chalked it up to a promo bit.

Maybe they'll keep it on hand for a prequel, seeing as how that clip (at least) introduced Snake Eyes from Roadblock's POV. ('We have a ninja?!?')

Promo clips are standard in the animation biz. They are done to showcase how the actual production will look, usually as a means to sell the product to a third party. In this case, because this version of GIJOE is thematically different from previous versions, doing some complete test animation was probably wise to sell both Hasbro and the network(s), and sponsors on the idea.

Yes, even though Hasbro called for this sort of thing to be done, the production studio was still needed to visualize the concept so that Hasbro management could see what the concept looked like on screen.

Its not enough to just say " we want a more "mature" GIJOE cartoon"--it literally has to be spelled out for people.

That is where the promo cartoon comes in.

Nobody is arguing that. I think what most of us don't understand is why do "extra" work? If you want to showcase the new show with promo work, why not just use stuff that's IN the show?

Nobody is arguing that. I think what most of us don't understand is why do "extra" work? If you want to showcase the new show with promo work, why not just use stuff that's IN the show?

Because at the time the promo was done, no script was completed for the actual show.

Cannot use the promo material, if the final script is not yet decided--so the promo material stands alone and showcases what the cartoon is supposed to be "like" without being part of the actual story.

Because at the time the promo was done, no script was completed for the actual show.

Cannot use the promo material, if the final script is not yet decided--so the promo material stands alone and showcases what the cartoon is supposed to be "like" without being part of the actual story.

I'm not sure if I'd buy that. Ellis finished work on Resolute in mid to late 2006. Now that doesn't mean that Hasbro didn't change things but Ellis was done over two years ago.

I'm not sure if I'd buy that. Ellis finished work on Resolute in mid to late 2006. Now that doesn't mean that Hasbro didn't change things but Ellis was done over two years ago.

That is possible too.

The other thing is that promos can be set up deliberately separate from the main story simple to not give anything away.

There's all kinds of wrangling in these things, the promos that I have worked on have been separate from the main stories as well, and often done a year ahead of the full production too.

That was an odd choice for hasbro really. Wouldn't it have been better to do something they could use? It's not your fault boombatty but i've noticed on multiple boards this question has been asked multiple times. It's been seen answered a lot, but Hasbro could have avoided this confusion.

it isn't confusing at all and pretty easy to deduce. I for one don't need Hasbro to hold my hand through the mental processes I should be able to figure out on my own.

I understand the whole promo thing so no biggie. I thought it odd in the promo that Roadblock didn't know they had "ninjas" when Snake Eyes showed up, so that was kinda off a bit and wouldn't have worked so well with the 60 min story we ended up with.

Hell, I've even seen commercials and ads for upcoming movies, and remember scenes and dialogue from those that don't show up in the final theater version, only to be found in the deleted scenes section on the DVD. ^_^

it isn't confusing at all and pretty easy to deduce. I for one don't need Hasbro to hold my hand through the mental processes I should be able to figure out on my own.

So you have deduced what everyone here hasn't, that this is/was definitively a promo only and that the footage was never ever considered for the project otherwise in any way, shape or form. I must admit, I am impressed. Your deduction skills might be better served tracking down JonBenet Ramsey's killer as you have a gift.

So you have deduced what everyone here hasn't, that this is/was definitively a promo only and that the footage was never ever considered for the project otherwise in any way, shape or form. I must admit, I am impressed. Your deduction skills might be better served tracking down JonBenet Ramsey's killer as you have a gift.

that's an awfully specious argument, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the lack of logical execution of your own position considering how easily you are seemingly confused. being able to identify something that is obvious in no way indicates an ability to uncover the truth of a crime that is dependent on other evidence.

considering at no point in the plot of Resolute do we find Duke, Roadblock and Snake Eyes alone in a jungle against Cobra, it doesn't fit with the story of the cartoon at all and must be something extra. case closed. I'm flattered you think I'm a genius for comprehending that, but it really wasn't that big a deal. but I'll walk you through the process of how easy it is to deduce that considering you seem to have trouble following what actually occurred in Resolute.

when the cartoon opens, G.I. Joe doesn't know Cobra is active, and when they find out Snake Eyes immediately leaves for Storm Shadow, not to reunite with Duke until Springfield while Roadblock goes after the hostages, without meeting up with them again -- so at no point in the exposition of the plot is there any scenario in which these three characters are together to fight Cobra, nevertheless in a jungle, so the promo trailer shown at the con was clearly something extra and not part of the actual story. considering Resolute ran the amount of time that was announced, it isn't even something extra that was removed. I'm not sure how it takes a genius to take all those factors into consideration and come up with something as simple as it must have just been a promotional trailer. that doesn't make me a genius to get that, it does make you easily confused. but I'll gladly accept your criticism as you attempt to deflect your inability to deduce these simple points as some sort of criticism of me. yes, you being easily confused speaks negatively of me. how dumb I must be.

that's an awfully specious argument, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the lack of logical execution of your own position considering how easily you are seemingly confused. being able to identify something that is obvious in no way indicates an ability to uncover the truth of a crime that is dependent on other evidence.

considering at no point in the plot of Resolute do we find Duke, Roadblock and Snake Eyes alone in a jungle against Cobra, it doesn't fit with the story of the cartoon at all and must be something extra. case closed. I'm flattered you think I'm a genius for comprehending that, but it really wasn't that big a deal. but I'll walk you through the process of how easy it is to deduce that considering you seem to have trouble following what actually occurred in Resolute.

when the cartoon opens, G.I. Joe doesn't know Cobra is active, and when they find out Snake Eyes immediately leaves for Storm Shadow, not to reunite with Duke until Springfield while Roadblock goes after the hostages, without meeting up with them again -- so at no point in the exposition of the plot is there any scenario in which these three characters are together to fight Cobra, nevertheless in a jungle, so the promo trailer shown at the con was clearly something extra and not part of the actual story. considering Resolute ran the amount of time that was announced, it isn't even something extra that was removed. I'm not sure how it takes a genius to take all those factors into consideration and come up with something as simple as it must have just been a promotional trailer. that doesn't make me a genius to get that, it does make you easily confused. but I'll gladly accept your criticism as you attempt to deflect your inability to deduce these simple points as some sort of criticism of me. yes, you being easily confused speaks negatively of me. how dumb I must be.

@hmmm@ You get awful defensive for somebody that likes to be so...offensive? You're snipe at RevSears was uncalled for and your reaction to being told as much (by BoomBatty) seems waaaay over the top for being the one that laid the dirt to begin with.

Wow! Great deduction. I am sure that there was no way in the plot of Resolute to have come up with a Cobra base in a jungle. The writers never could have squeezed that into the series. "Case closed".

Let me give it a try though. Scene 1: Duke and Roadblock are in the Jungle investigating a sighting of a potential terrorist faction (let's call them "El Arenque Rojo" for now shall we). During the investigation they are attacked by what looks to be a Cobra cell, which is surprising because it has been a while since the Joes have encountered a cell. Since Snake Eye's massacres them they can't get any intel to see if this is one of the many rouge cells they have encountered since Cobra "ceased" operating. This is also the time we find out it is not a direct sequel to continuity by Roadblock's reaction to the new ninja (or this is Roadblock 2: Electric Bugaloo much in the way there is Dial Tone 2). Damn, that was tough. Took 2 minutes to make it up. What's more confusing is your ability to capitalize names in your sentences but not the first letter.

BTW, I love when chumpies try to talk smart. Elementary my dear Watson.

You must be a lawyer...or maybe you simply work at Taco Bell.

Wow! This topic has more action than the show!

Yeah, best to chime in before the mods b*tch slap a few of us @smilepunch@

Fun times @sad@

By the way, your sig picture rocks.

Remember in high school, the guy that always corrected you on everything from proper pronunciations and spelling, to where what was located, and who invented it and laughed at you in class when you gave a wrong answer to something that they think is common knowledge..?

nerd2.png

I hated that guy!

@haha@

Remember in high school, the guy that always corrected you on everything from proper pronunciations and spelling, to where what was located, and who invented it and laughed at you in class when you gave a wrong answer to something that they think is common knowledge..?

nerd2.png

I hated that guy!

@haha@

That is pretty funny IMHO.

But might as well get back to the topic as I can see the JayC a'comin a mile away.

As I stated much much earlier I do so all of the additional content makes it on to the eventual DVD. A lot of these type of DVDs get rushed out of the door and it is the one's that I want to see extra content that never seem to have any. As opposed to the hundred "making of" docs on most of the dreck I buy to watch and rewatch the movie but could care less otherwise.

There was no deduction needed just reading the news that was posted originally when the clip was shown. Hasbro told everyone at Joe Con and SDCC last year when they showed the clip that this was just test footage and wasn't going to actually be used in the show. I'm sure regardless of when the script was completed this footage was done early on to shop it around to potential buyers like Cartoon Network so they could decide if they wanted to air it or not before Hasbro paid all the money to do a final product.

There was no deduction needed just reading the news that was posted originally when the clip was shown.

Ahhh, that requires way to much research just trying to find the old item. It is much easier to simply post the question...or not apparently.

There was no deduction needed just reading the news that was posted originally when the clip was shown.

Ahhh, that requires way to much research just trying to find the old item. It is much easier to simply post the question...or not apparently.

Hey, I was one of'em that was waiting for the promo segment to show up in one of the episodes. It likely demonstrates my sub-par standing in the community (as a fan) that I didn't instantly log the concept of "promotional material only" to memory and know to NOT look for it in the series, but I don't see the big deal over it. Once explained, it made perfect sense and the only issue I saw (that Rev brought up) is why put the expense into that much of the cartoon when they could have just as easily used a snippet of the actual cartoon? That's been explained satisfactorily as well, but I understood his question perfectly, and knowing how EXPENSE is an over used excuse as to why Hasbro can't do this or won't do that, when we've posed hypothetical scenarios before based on our wants and wishes for product and whatnot, you start to get the sense that Hasbro is a very frugal and stingy corporation and really watches their pennies, so I knew EXACTLY where Rev was coming from. ^_^

Wow! Great deduction. I am sure that there was no way in the plot of Resolute to have come up with a Cobra base in a jungle. The writers never could have squeezed that into the series. "Case closed".

Let me give it a try though. Scene 1: Duke and Roadblock are in the Jungle investigating a sighting of a potential terrorist faction (let's call them "El Arenque Rojo" for now shall we). During the investigation they are attacked by what looks to be a Cobra cell, which is surprising because it has been a while since the Joes have encountered a cell. Since Snake Eye's massacres them they can't get any intel to see if this is one of the many rouge cells they have encountered since Cobra "ceased" operating. This is also the time we find out it is not a direct sequel to continuity by Roadblock's reaction to the new ninja (or this is Roadblock 2: Electric Bugaloo much in the way there is Dial Tone 2). Damn, that was tough. Took 2 minutes to make it up. What's more confusing is your ability to capitalize names in your sentences but not the first letter.

BTW, I love when chumpies try to talk smart. Elementary my dear Watson.

You must be a lawyer...or maybe you simply work at Taco Bell.

of course the could have made a scene like you described, but they didn't. we're talking about facts of what actually was made, and how if you simply take what actually exists the test footage was easily identified as such. you can make up all the scenarios you want how Resolute could have been modified so that the test footage was part of it, but at the end of the day, it wasn't.

there is nothing about this that is confusing, unless you do have the mental capacity of your so-called chumpies. yee, like I said, I'm the villain and the Taco Bell worker because I'm not stupid. nice logic.