Cobra Commander Un-Masked "Rise of Cobra"

HissCommander

Maybe they'll write it in, that in his years as a used car salesman, he mistakenly tried to open a radiator cap on a hunk-a-junk vehicle some guy just drove back on the lot for a return and it exploded hot steam into his face? :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll write it in, that in his years as a used car salesman, he mistakenly tried to open a radiator cap on a hunk-a-junk vehicle some guy just drove back on the lot for a return and it exploded hot steam into his face? :rolleyes:

Well, it wouldn't just be the steam, it would also be the coolant from the radiator (which the ironic this is it's not very cool when it comes out). I had that happen to my arm, and got 2nd degree burns from it. It wasn't pretty.

Anyway, about the figure. He'll do as some other character as so many people have already mentioned. As for what he represents in the movie, I'll hold judgement until I see it.

you would think they would want to somehow DIFFERENTIATE this sci-fi villian from the most popular sci-fi villain ever, Darth Vader. But no, let's make him as close as possible. I agree. FAIL.

it is crazy ..

they want t reveal what CC looks behind the mask, BUt

they wont even give Destro a mask!!!

still, cant wait to see the movie

SOMEONE hasn't been paying attention to the latest movie news over the last few months! :rolleyes:

Allow me to fill you in: DESTRO HAS HIS MASK!!! ;)

Remember, the movie's subtitle is RISE (As in ORIGIN) OF COBRA! So, by the end of the movie, Destro IS wearing his mask! A screenshot of Destro with the mask on hit the web a couple months ago... the CGI footage wasn't complete, so the mask didn't look as good as it will on screen in August, but it was recognizably Destro! AND we've now seen images of not one, but 2 movie figures of Destro which BOTH have THE MASK. ;)

As for Cobra Commander... without giving away too much of the movie's plot, for the sake of those that are avoiding spoilers... Cobra Commander's origin story has been DRASTICALLY changed from what it's been in all previous versions. He is no longer the used car salesman-turned-domestic terrorist of the Marvel Comics version, I'll tell you THAT for free! And it seems that someone also got him and Snake-Eyes mixed up when it comes to the whole "someone got their face severely burned" plot point! :rolleyes:

I'll be seeing the movie, that's a given, but sadly, it seems my hopes of a new version as good as the Marvel Comics continuity may be dashed. This is looking more like a live-action version of the cartoon, rather than a live-action version of the Marvel comic, and that's a real shame, because it was the Marvel comic that MADE G.I.*Joe: A Real American Hero what it was and, for that matter, still is for myself and many, many other fans around the world. The comic was always VASTLY superior to the cartoon in, oh, so many ways. For that reason, while my buddies were watching the cartoon, I'd have the TV OFF and be reading and re-reading issues of the comic, instead! ;)

Still, I enjoyed the director's previous movies as what they were intended to be: summer popcorn action flicks! They were entertaining to me, so as long as I find the G.I.*Joe movie entertaining, I can accept it as a new interpretation of ARAH... even though it will most likely never replace or surpass the Marvel comics in my mind! But thankfully, the comics aren't going ANYWHERE! Most of us still have those in our longboxes, and we can enjoy them again anytime we like! :D

it is crazy ..

they want t reveal what CC looks behind the mask, BUt

they wont even give Destro a mask!!!

still, cant wait to see the movie

SOMEONE hasn't been paying attention to the latest movie news over the last few months! :rolleyes:

Allow me to fill you in: DESTRO HAS HIS MASK!!! ;)

Remember, the movie's subtitle is RISE (As in ORIGIN) OF COBRA! So, by the end of the movie, Destro IS wearing his mask! A screenshot of Destro with the mask on hit the web a couple months ago... the CGI footage wasn't complete, so the mask didn't look as good as it will on screen in August, but it was recognizably Destro! AND we've now seen images of not one, but 2 movie figures of Destro which BOTH have THE MASK. ;)

As for Cobra Commander... without giving away too much of the movie's plot, for the sake of those that are avoiding spoilers... Cobra Commander's origin story has been DRASTICALLY changed from what it's been in all previous versions. He is no longer the used car salesman-turned-domestic terrorist of the Marvel Comics version, I'll tell you THAT for free! And it seems that someone also got him and Snake-Eyes mixed up when it comes to the whole "someone got their face severely burned" plot point! :rolleyes:

I'll be seeing the movie, that's a given, but sadly, it seems my hopes of a new version as good as the Marvel Comics continuity may be dashed. This is looking more like a live-action version of the cartoon, rather than a live-action version of the Marvel comic, and that's a real shame, because it was the Marvel comic that MADE G.I.*Joe: A Real American Hero what it was and, for that matter, still is for myself and many, many other fans around the world. The comic was always VASTLY superior to the cartoon in, oh, so many ways. For that reason, while my buddies were watching the cartoon, I'd have the TV OFF and be reading and re-reading issues of the comic, instead! ;)

Still, I enjoyed the director's previous movies as what they were intended to be: summer popcorn action flicks! They were entertaining to me, so as long as I find the G.I.*Joe movie entertaining, I can accept it as a new interpretation of ARAH... even though it will most likely never replace or surpass the Marvel comics in my mind! But thankfully, the comics aren't going ANYWHERE! Most of us still have those in our longboxes, and we can enjoy them again anytime we like! :D

And I think that is one of the flaws. Why the hell would Destro's mask be CGI? Was it too difficult to get the actor to wear a real one? Or, wait, let me guess, like in the cartoons, they want to make the mask "talk"?