Whats the big whoop?

nonameshmo30

Why do alot of yall and other members on different sites like these figures? Please help me understand. I personaly hate them. The huge bulky upper bodies and tooth pick legs just looks silly to me. So why do you like them?

This is a highly stylized toy line like minimates and pocket heroes where all the characters have a specific look and as a result reaction is tremendously divided. Either you like them or you don't.

One of the criticisms that has always been raised against this line has been, "I don't like the sculpts." This is a hard one to make stick because we're talking about a line that's based on the specific designs of Bruce Timm. If you liked Timm's Superman or his Batman, then you should dig these figures. They all look like they were drawn by him. If you don't like Timm's take on these characters, then you should probably be buying something else.

The biggest strength of this line of course is the incredible selection of characters. There are tons of characters in this line. Granted its taken about ten years to get here but here they are. Many of these characters have long been sought after from DCD, Super Powers, or DCUC, but the JLU line offers you the only chance to get figures of Ultra-Humanite, Silver Banshee, Arrkis Chummock, the Steve Ditko Starman and others. Some characters such as Blue Devil have appeared in this line as figures long before they were made anywhere else. Arguably, this line also features some of the BEST versions of characters like Solomon Grundy.

Don't get me wrong though. As much as I've followed this line and enjoyed it, this line has been a NIGHTMARE to collect! This one is in a dead heat with DCUC and Infinite Heroes as a line that actually attempts to drive their followers away! Here is a sampling of some problems...

1. Availability: Just like DCUC, the distribution on these figures has been terrible. Now the line is a Target exclusive...which has created a whole batch of other problems...but how distribution has been affected really remains to be seen. Currently, the line has been log-jammed by the Kilowog peg warmers.

2. It's a Target Exclusive: The problem here is that Target seems utterly disinterested in this line. They rarely restock and most of the time, the scraps of their JLI selection has been fused with the crumbs of the equally stagnant Infinite Heroes selection.

3. The 3 Pack Scam: This is probably one of the worst, most insulting factors about this line. Way too often, the only way Mattel releases a new JLI figure is in one of these 3 packs where the new figure is packaged with a figure that's already been released a hundred times. Anyone collecting this line most likely has about ten Supermen, Batmen, and Wonder Women which brings me to...

4. Too Many Supermen, Batmen, and Wonder Women...: Not only do we get these characters over and over in the 3 packs, but Mattel continues to re-release them on single cards as well.

5. The Female Characters RARELY if EVER Can Stand On Their Own: If there's a problem with these sculpts, its this. The in-like feet of the female characters make it nearly impossible for any of them to stand up sans a base. This was one of the first times I ever noticed Mattel use the old "We're aware of the problem and we're looking into it" line. That was about ten years ago.

6. No Hal Jordan: I don't care what their reasoning is, as long as they stick to this, no of our JLU line-ups will be complete without a PROPER Hal Jordan Green Lantern.

7. Galatea and Captain Atom Were UGLY!: I'm a fan of the Bruce Timm designs but these were grotesque!

I've never collected JLU, but I've recently started watching the cartoon, which has got me thinking about collecting them finally. Justice League Unlimited is an awesome cartoon, so if I'd seen it when it originally aired, I probably would have been a JLU collector because I like the look of the show, which is mirrored perfectly by the figures.

I bought some for my son when he was a wee tyke, he probably has about a dozen or so. I don't collect them, but at the time I would say the HUGE variety of characters offered is what would appeal to collectors, considering it is a line that started YEARS before DCSH or DCUC was even a twinkle in anyone's eye. Sure the articulation is non-existent, but if they're going to be just standing on your shelf anyway, having 500 different DC characters has gotta look impressive. And they made Hawk & Dove! How cool is that?

Anybody got any pics of their JLU collection?

Ive been buying these since the start and I love them. They are very stylized, if you dont want a cartoon style figure, dont buy these. They have hardly any articulation and really I imagine would be a drag to play with. But as a collectable their great. Fantastic character sellection, consistant sculpt, and they look very cool all together.

Now they are a nightmare to collect. Getting all of the figures is next to impossible (Hal was only released as a trade show exclusive of 300 pieces), buying them in stores is hard as they are now target exclusives, and some figures recieved one release and then poof, no more. Plus tracking some of these down on ebay is becoming hard.

As long as you get over the fact that these are not action figures, their more like little statues with some articulation, and they are very stylized then their very fun to collect. I like them alot more than Infinite Heroes, although that line has more articulation it lacks the style these guys have.

Why do alot of yall and other members on different sites like these figures? Please help me understand. I personaly hate them. The huge bulky upper bodies and tooth pick legs just looks silly to me. So why do you like them?

lol dude i have no clue, i never bout them, i like figure with excellent detail and full possibility, these figs ...don't seem to have any of that, the animation in justice league unlimited is cool and all but in toy form they blow, i guess people have so much money they'll collect just about anything

btw batman the animated series and justice league unlimited are like my favorite superhero shows of all time, that doesn't change the fact that these figures are garbage to me, if they'd made them a little bigger and more poseability i'd have more respect twards the line, but to me ..they don't do any "justice"(lol pun) to the show

The HotWheels display is a nifty idea!

Thanks, I wanted to eliminate the issue of shelf space to have all of these figuures on display together. I did the same with my DCIH figures.

Picture104.jpg

I am trying to find another of the large car holders like the JLU figures are in for my Marvel Universe and Superhero Showdown figures.

These figures are the SUX. Marvel would never put out such bad figures. DCUC is the only thing DC does well.

dude, those new X-men figs suck monkey nuts, I saw Beast and Avalanche last night in Target and was like ugghh. That Wolverine and the X-men line I believe has equal articulation as the JLU line, I know Beast has no elbow or kneww joints. Marvel has had its share of bad toys, they all have.

Many of you out there who keep these figures MOC only should feel right at home. If you're going to keep it MOC why the need for articulated figures you're not going to take out of the box anyway.

These JLU figures have a certain charm in their design. Also I like the fact they have so many DC characters produced.

I understand why enthusiasts collect them.

Because the figures look like the characters from one of my favorite shows

... i guess people have so much money they'll collect just about anything

What kind of stupid reasoning is that?

I collect this line and believe me. It's not because I have wads of extra cash burning a hole in my pocket. I genuinely like it and that is with all of the flaws I acknowledge and mention in my earlier post above. Its very, very stupid to say, "I don't like this line therefore no one else will or should either."

I have no use whatsoever for Infinite Heroes. I think they were a misfire of ideas from top to bottom. Still, I understand that they are loved by those who do buy them ... not a very big group judging by all the peg warming these things are doing.

... i guess people have so much money they'll collect just about anything

What kind of stupid reasoning is that?

I collect this line and believe me. It's not because I have wads of extra cash burning a hole in my pocket. I genuinely like it and that is with all of the flaws I acknowledge and mention in my earlier post above. Its very, very stupid to say, "I don't like this line therefore no one else will or should either."

I have no use whatsoever for Infinite Heroes. I think they were a misfire of ideas from top to bottom. Still, I understand that they are loved by those who do buy them ... not a very big group judging by all the peg warming these things are doing.

no

I started collecting JLU for the cartoon, and the wide variety of characters. Got tired of it after a while, with the cartoon over and the availability in the toilet, so i sold off most of em. Plus DCUC now has the character variety, so i'm all set.

the lines reminds me very much of the Super Powers line.

Even the playsets and vehicles were cool for the line. The watchtower was definitely a first.

They have been able to cover far more characters compared to Super Powers.

The scale and detail is consistent with the show.

Compared to the Infinite Heroes....this line is way better.

Will this line die? I can see it. But I can also see it have a life via mattycollector.com

Because the figures look like the characters from one of my favorite shows

thats exactly why i collect them