Medicom shocks the world! Or me, at least.

z0mbie

So yeah...Medicom. Not really considered a company that can compete with Hot Toys, at least in terms of movie figures. We all know just how awesome HT's Dark Knight stuff has been. Sure, their TDK suit Bats has its issues, but overall it's a great figure. Medicom's prototype looked good, but there are always scale problems and they never deliver on what their prototypes promise.

Until now.

These pictures are from a fella named Agen on a different board. They swayed me, and I ended up ordering one of these guys today. He'll be here by the weekend.

HT Bats left, Medicom right.

sshtme01.jpg

sshtme02.jpg

sshtme03.jpg

sshtme08.jpg

Well here's my two cents on it. I think both look totaly awsome and wicked! And even though Medicom has a more detailed cowel, I can't help but wonder is HT's more movie accurate?? I'd have to watch the interrogation scene again where Batman's head is viewed in floressent lighting and up close. Medicoms' extra "face bone" work designed in to the cowel, while it looks great i can't help but think bats cowel did'nt look so detailed in the movie.

HOWEVER! The part of Bale's face that is exposed under the cowel DOES VERY much look a great deal more like Bale than HT's does. HOWEVER! On the flipside of the coin (hehe a lil Two face joke there), HT's Bats leg armor looks a lot better IMO. And as for the rest of each of the figs........well i think its all a matter of personal taste. Meaning: Are you like me and like HT's choice of metalic gold for the utility belt, or do you prefer a more flat color? (my vote is for metalic gold).

Also do you prefer Medicoms more unibody mold and design with the less pronounced chest (which I do admit I like that better), or do you like the more pushed up squared off mussel bound "man teets" HTs offers?

I prefer everything about Medicom's suit. Especially the legs. Medicom's suit is actually two parts...a vinyl undersuit and the body armor on top of it. HT's is pretty much all one piece. Again, the legs on Medicom actually look like armor, while HT's, though much improved from the prototype, still kind of blend in thanks to it all being just sculpted on.

As far as the cowl goes, Medicom got it dead on. At least in my eyes.

TDKMed2.jpg

TDKMed3.jpg

tdkbatman02eo9.jpg

And for fun, one more suit detail shot.

medicomdk05.jpg

It mystifies me when people say Medi's head sculpt isn't better than Hot Toys'. Granted, Medi's head is a little lower quality in that it's a hollow head made out of slightly cheaper plastic, but the cowl is screen-accurate as opposed to Hot Toys' version which took some odd liberties with the nose and sharpened the details around the eyes and forehead. I think the more detailed paintjob around the mouth on Hot Toys' version is one of the reasons, along with Medi's being a little more pale in that area.

In terms of accuracy, though, Medicom's is the best produced thus far. Hot Toys' TDK prototype had a sculpt as good as Medi's, but for some reason they changed it for production.

Proto:

20086211752883273.jpg

Production:

tdkbats3-1.jpg

tdkbats2-1.jpg

Mainly the nose changed.

frankly i think there are aspects of both figs that are greatly detailed,but i have to agree with z0mbie that i like medicoms better both in head and body,now two face and the joker are a different story lol,also didn't medicoms joker have like a fuzzy purple pimp coat?however,we also can't count out what Doom Saber said with HT apparently making an MMS DX Bats.So let's all just wait before passing final judgement.

Umm...I think so, but I'm not entirely sure. I know the Bat Pod is out. Haven't kept up with those, since I'm not buying them.

On a side note...I switched the HT and Medicom belts. Part of what was throwing the figure off was the color of Medi's. It was too garish and toy-like. Check it out.

medibale1.jpg

medibale3.jpg

medibale4.jpg

And if anyone doubts how much difference the belt makes...well, look at the HT one now.

hahatoys1.jpg

Yeah, Medicom's Joker was friggin' terrible. My Bats got here yesterday, here are some pics.

HT (Left) vs. Medi

medibats3.jpg

medibats1.jpg

"Here's my card.."

medibats4.jpg

And the Bat-shelf.

medibats6.jpg

1st the pic are wicked! and its nice to know i'm not the only one who like to wall paper his room with figs @lol@ . but I think you got your left and right mixed up. In your 1st pic you say HT is on the left and Medi is on the right. Well the bats thats on the left has less detail in the leg armor and a flat bronze color belt. plus the cowel is lower at the top and has more pronounced cheek bone structure, all of which leads me to think that Medi is on the left and HT is on the right.