Resolute 7 & 8 are up!

HissCommander

Damn, they definatly are not afraid to kill any major characters. :o This show has come out with guns blazing and I love it!! :D

I'm gonna assume that Gung-Ho and Roadblock didn't get blown to smithereens, or at least RB made it? We haven't seen the scene with him questioning Duke about having "ninjas"?

I've been loving Resolute up until now but episode 8 is kind of a rip-off. Anyone remember Pai Mei's 5 point palm exploding heart technique?

KILL BILL?

Most everything is these cartoons are "ripped" from some other Sci-Fi military story in some manner. I can think of examples for almost every scene and dialogue that could come straight from a James Bond movie or old ninja movie or some Clint Eastwood, John Wayne WAR movie. It's still cool to see a G.I.Joe cartoon encapsulate all of it. :)

Hey!! I said it first!! What am I, chopped liver?? (lol) @smilepunch@

Smothered in onions and ketchup on top! @haha@

I don't get it

Do they no longer want Gi Joe to go on?

There are major deaths and the best confrontation in the Joe Universe will be no more

Ironic, isn't it.

What makes this GIJOE cartoon better than all the other GIJOE cartoons made is that this one breaks the 6th Commandment. Funny.

I'm gonna assume that Gung-Ho and Roadblock didn't get blown to smithereens, or at least RB made it? We haven't seen the scene with him questioning Duke about having "ninjas"?

The ninja line comes from the test footage they showed at Con, I doubt that would be included (but I may be wrong).

SPOILERS BELOW (if you live under a rock) ;)

As for episodes 7 & 8, I enjoyed them. Tunnel Rat and his crew's suits reminded me of the MASS Device dive suits, very cool! I guess episode 8 may answer our questions about a continuing series, unless they go the prequel route a la Star Wars and so many other properties as of late.

SE/SS was at least cool to see, action was great but predictable as many of you have stated. I too, would have preferred Storm Shadow's character to have been more like the Marvel Comics version. I didn't like the "superhero" effects in the fight either.

Damn, they definatly are not afraid to kill any major characters. :o This show has come out with guns blazing and I love it!! :D

I heard that was just test footage, and wasnt going to be in the show. I could be wrong though.

On the TeleToon Trailer there is a scene with Road Block firing a grenade from his rifle, i dont think we have seen that yet in the show so i assume he made it. Not sure about Gung-Ho though.

post-20224-1240454389_thumb.jpg

man that SE/SS fight was some excellent animation. I'm shocked at the rate major characters are biting the dust though, at this rate everyone will be dead by the time the series is over.

BTW More Beachhead and Stalker in action please

I can't wait to see the ending to this.

man that SE/SS fight was some excellent animation. I'm shocked at the rate major characters are biting the dust though, at this rate everyone will be dead by the time the series is over.

I'm starting to wonder who gonna live through it too. I have the felling that CC won't and the possiblity that Destro and the Baroness might not either. That would leave a pretty big hole in the Cobra high command.

I'm starting to wonder who gonna live through it too. I have the felling that CC won't and the possiblity that Destro and the Baroness might not either. That would leave a pretty big hole in the Cobra high command.

One word for ya.....Serpentor! @firedevil@

Well it is called resolute, if they kill everyone off, they can always say that it was another time, a different future, just like that one old joe episode, with a good baroness that fell in love with steeler (its been a long time since I seen it, but I think i'm right) But I like the series. The animation is good, the story is not good, but ok, I think they could have done a better story, but I'm glad it is out. When a dvd comes out I will buy it.

and then in episode 8, the SE/SS fight was pretty much just like any other fight I have seen. The action was enjoyable, the ending was not. lame.

I think this is the first time I'm in 100% agreement with you. The end was a bunch of BULLS$%T!!!!

Why do that? We never got to see SS interact with Cobra or other Joes. It was a wasted use of the best Cobra

I LIKE Stormy handing Snake Eyes his ass.

its common sense. Stormy is a ninja since day one... Snakes is a normal dude with a few years of training.. he is a commando who knows some ninja stuff.. not a ninja

Wow now that's twice I agree with you 100%. Snake eyes should always be getting his @$$ handed to him by SS

I doubt either Roadblock or Gung Ho are dead. They both have Resolute figures coming out.

I wonder who were those two Joes to fall off the satelite? Green shirts? I officially love Tunnel Rat more than ever!

It's official: In the 21st century, Rip Cord is black and Dialtone is a woman.

The Duke and Scarlett action was almost as good as the SnakeEyes and SS fight.....great!

I'm not disappointed with the ending to the SE/SS thing. SS was a whinny B_ _ _ _ in this continuity. The original Marvel continuity did him much more justice. I'm not upset that they didn't try to duplicate that in this cartton. They gave us our ninja action, now it appears over, and we can get Snake Eyes kicking butt with the rest of the team.

At this rate, Resolute will be over too soon.

As much as I love the more adult take on Joe, I find little else to love in the series. Cobra's plot might as well have been lifted from a Sunbow cartoon for it's level of over-the-top silliness.

Also, in an effort to jam in as many characters as possible, the lazy writers decided to have a bunch of side stories with tenuous connections to the main story. At the end of the day, what was the purpose of Snake Eyes fighting Storm Shadow? It had so little to do with the plot that it made Stormy's death that much more hollow. They could have put their origin OR their fight to the death in the story somewhere, but not both. The only characters with backstories in the entire show and one kills the other in record time. Very very bad writing. They could have had Snake fight Stormy in the course of solving the main plot and it would have made a hell of a lot more sense. The brief watered down backstory was hard to watch.

Destro and the Baroness are doing what now? Holding people prisoner. Really. And if Baroness threatens to kill them one more time without actually shooting them, I'm gonna cry.

Cobra troopers are even more inept than in the old cartoons. They can't hit anything, act moronically, and get wiped out by the Joes in record numbers.

Let me get this straight. The Joes take a balloon up into space wearing diving suits and attack a completely unprotected satellite. Who thought that makes sense? Couldn't they at least be in space suits?

No one else is bothered by the fact that the more realistic Joes are being led by Duke? Even Hawk is in the new movie. Speaking of which, this thing is way closer to the new movie than people give it credit for. Snake's and Stormy's origin, black Ripcord, Joe team as James Bond, high tech stuff everywhere, etc.

And what is up with the spats? Does every character have to be wearing them?

What exactly was Major Bludd's crime? And why dump his body in the Lincoln memorial? Outside of looking cool, it make zero sense. It was a message sent to the rest of Cobra, not to the US. Dumping him a public place would cause undue attention.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad. But it is a massive missed opportunity. This was a gift to the adult fans and they still couldn't get it right. They focused on making it more violent and completely ignored good story telling to do it. I was so jazzed to see it and now I'm not even sure if I care how it ends.

Louis

I agree i like how they are finally killing villians and joe members. unlike the constant missing we all grew up with. its gritty and interesting. I must say i was really worried about how the japanamation would workout. But all round i love it. Best thing to come along in a good while.

YOOOOOO JOEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I LIKE Stormy handing Snake Eyes his ass.

its common sense. Stormy is a ninja since day one... Snakes is a normal dude with a few years of training.. he is a commando who knows some ninja stuff.. not a ninja

Same here. I could not bare to watch the entire episode and went straight to the end since I knew Snake Eyes is gonna perform the last steps and kill Storm Shadow. Also because Storm Shadow is made as a cliche bad guy in the series and I knew that he was going to lose.

If it was more realistic, SS would kick SE's ass for the reasons you have mentioned, Clam. I did not like SE beatin SS since it is so not realistic and it screams out like every hollywood ninja movie out there that makes the lesser experienced (in regards how much he has trained) regular caucassian guy the best when compared to the more experienced and (stereotypically) arrogrant asian villain.

lt worked for the 80s', but that day and age I think they should do something else that isn't a cliche. IMO, they should do somethin like havin them both learn being ninjas at the same time and don't have it like a darn stereotype and have the master liking the outsider more.

I expected an original origin from goat f'ker (this isn't a flame but is a reference for those who've read the castlevania script knows what I mean) Warren Ellis rather than something that was lifted from every american 80s' martial arts film.

it is so cliche like a us/hollywood marital arts flick

At least with Kill Bill, it was more enjoyable to me since both bill and the main female character learned martial arts roughly the same age. It also didn't play with the stereotypical 80s' flick that starts off like the ninja origin in this mini series

Sry for my ranting but l hate this cliche origin since it was done to dead in the 80s' even though it started years earilar as WWII propaganda to improve morale in the us.

I don't know which I'm more amazed by, the wonderful cartoon we have gotten, or the amount of complaining I'm seeing.

Stormshadow will always be a villian from now on! just like ripcord is black, dialtone is a girl, we don't hve to like it but don't fool yourself. Hasbro tried it, Se needed a foil, the end. Stormy is going to be a villian, it's not my favorite thing ever, and while a little cliche it worked and lead up to some great action!

I too would have preferred Hawk lead but whose to say he isn't in the background somewhere? he can easily be brought if this were to be continued but...

IT's not going to be! i highly doubt it guys. Too mature didn't get a great push from Hasbro etc. This is a one shot deal to try and draw in some new adult fans, or draw some old ones back. Maybe some in the teenage/anime crowd and that's it.

Warren Ellis was interviewed and said lady Jaye wasn't even in it, some of those cameo's were probably just added! Let's not blame everything on him, This is Hasbro's baby, and regardless of what is initially said everyone usually admits that Hasbro has a big say it what is written in the end. Remember IDW? how much "freedom" they said they were going to have? Then you listen to some interviews about cameos, dailtone etc. and learn it just isn't true.

Se vs. SS was beautiful, since this is a oneshot deal they are making some things final.

I like the hi-tech gadgets and this take has the right balance for me, futuristic, but not robocop looking sigma suits.

oh well, i just don't understand some of the complaints here. I'm right on board with those who loath the upcoming movie but these two takes are worlds apart!

:rolleyes: I think what it comes down to is that you can't please all of the people all the time. I'm not completely happy with this series either, but I'm not going to #$#@# about it based on my opinions of who should win or who should or shouldn't die. The animation in this is really well done. We got to see some of our favorite characters again, and they made it more enjoyable for the older crowd.

As far as the writing goes, this isn't Citizen Kane here. We're still talking about a 60 minute cartoon. If you think you could write a better script, kudos, but I don't want to hear about it. And because it IS so short, they don't really have a lot of time to flesh out the conflict between SS and SE, so they packed in the action and let the good guy win. Big deal. Hasbro is not going to kill off the Storm Shadow character completely, otherwise there would be no more SS toys and therefore no SS money for Hasbro.

I like it and thats my two cents.

What? 9 and 10 already? Geez.....I don't get enough time off to keep up with all these new eps! I better stay away from here for a while til I get caught up. I didn't mind finding out here that SS died but if someone else goes down I want to see it on the show first.

Someone on joecustoms posted downloadable links i don't know if they are officially up. They are probably up on youtube now as well.

I've been loving Resolute up until now but episode 8 is kind of a rip-off. Anyone remember Pai Mei's 5 point palm exploding heart technique?

KILL BILL?

Most everything is these cartoons are "ripped" from some other Sci-Fi military story in some manner. I can think of examples for almost every scene and dialogue that could come straight from a James Bond movie or old ninja movie or some Clint Eastwood, John Wayne WAR movie. It's still cool to see a G.I.Joe cartoon encapsulate all of it. :)

Hey!! I said it first!! What am I, chopped liver?? (lol) @smilepunch@

I was kinda P.O.'ed that you beat me @smilepunch@ .

As much as I love the more adult take on Joe, I find little else to love in the series. Cobra's plot might as well have been lifted from a Sunbow cartoon for it's level of over-the-top silliness.

Also, in an effort to jam in as many characters as possible, the lazy writers decided to have a bunch of side stories with tenuous connections to the main story. At the end of the day, what was the purpose of Snake Eyes fighting Storm Shadow? It had so little to do with the plot that it made Stormy's death that much more hollow. They could have put their origin OR their fight to the death in the story somewhere, but not both. The only characters with backstories in the entire show and one kills the other in record time. Very very bad writing. They could have had Snake fight Stormy in the course of solving the main plot and it would have made a hell of a lot more sense. The brief watered down backstory was hard to watch.

Destro and the Baroness are doing what now? Holding people prisoner. Really. And if Baroness threatens to kill them one more time without actually shooting them, I'm gonna cry.

Cobra troopers are even more inept than in the old cartoons. They can't hit anything, act moronically, and get wiped out by the Joes in record numbers.

Let me get this straight. The Joes take a balloon up into space wearing diving suits and attack a completely unprotected satellite. Who thought that makes sense? Couldn't they at least be in space suits?

No one else is bothered by the fact that the more realistic Joes are being led by Duke? Even Hawk is in the new movie. Speaking of which, this thing is way closer to the new movie than people give it credit for. Snake's and Stormy's origin, black Ripcord, Joe team as James Bond, high tech stuff everywhere, etc.

And what is up with the spats? Does every character have to be wearing them?

What exactly was Major Bludd's crime? And why dump his body in the Lincoln memorial? Outside of looking cool, it make zero sense. It was a message sent to the rest of Cobra, not to the US. Dumping him a public place would cause undue attention.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad. But it is a massive missed opportunity. This was a gift to the adult fans and they still couldn't get it right. They focused on making it more violent and completely ignored good story telling to do it. I was so jazzed to see it and now I'm not even sure if I care how it ends.

Louis

I agree with lots of what you said.. alot of what is happening just doesn't make sense.

why are Baroness and Destro holding them prisoner instead of killing them?

Why are SE/SS even fighting? Stormy invaded the flagg and killed Bazooka at the same time the entire Cobra plot was unfolding... then he left and SE chased off after him.... isn't the "stop Cobra" thing way more important than SE going off to settle a vendetta??? If SE is one of the best Joes, don't they need him for these very crucial missions to save the world? lol

Yeah, I was surprised that Duke and Scarlett were able to stand in that hallway for about 5 seconds while the AlleyVipers' shots whizzed past, hitting only the sides of the walls.

I was also surprised that the Satellite thingies didn't have any protection or defenses set up on them... couldn't the US just shoot them down with something besides missiles?? (because T-rat said they had engine detectors, which would alert them to oncoming missiles)?

anyhow.. I'm off to watch 9 and 10

Louis

I believe this is a direct Sequel/Continuation to the original series.

1) Cobra Commanders speech in which he basically tells his troops he was acting like an idiot and a fool in the past to make the troops rise to the occasion (which is odd but at least ties it back)

2) CC also referring to the constant undermining he took from his subordinates

3) Killing Major Bludd at the Lincoln Memorial (I think this was a nod to when Serpentor replaced him and took over the US - didn't that all come down at the Lincoln Memorial - if so then it sends a CLEAR message that CC is over all of it and back in control).

As for Bludd's crime, well we will just have to wait for the prequel wont we? As for Duke leading, like I said, sequel to the original cartoon continuity, same with Scarlett going for Duke (with a nod to comic continuity with her having had potentially been with Scarlett). And as for the James Bond high tech approach, I dunno, I see it as a mix of that and the Bourne movies, which I might add kick all sorts of @ss.

I am pleasantly surprised by the new cartoon and for all the (few) naysayers, find me a better GI Joe. The movie? I doubt it. The original cartoon? Cool but still a bit hokey as I found out from re-watching all the old eps on DVD. The other cartoon series? Hee hee, don't need to go there. For my money you wont find a better Joe than whats on the screen and for as much of a fan of the various comic books all these decades that I have been this still ranks tops.