Resolute 7 & 8 are up!

HissCommander

WOW!! :o

Gotta say..those were two VERY good episodes together right there! The build up to the SE & SS battle was definitely rushed, forced, brief and maybe even a little hard to swallow, but the pay off of the awesome fight was worth getting it in...IMO! ^_^

I think I could get into a 5 or 6 pack of some generic (greenshirt type) Joes in those "high pressure oufits" that Tunnel Rat wore. I'm thinking this characterization of TR is my new favorite? Very cool!

I think I could get into a 5 or 6 pack of some generic (greenshirt type) Joes in those "high pressure oufits" that Tunnel Rat wore. I'm thinking this characterization of TR is my new favorite? Very cool!

dont let Hasbro here you or we will get a 5 pack full of TRU 3 pack Yellow Torpedo

post-20224-1240438556_thumb.jpg

dont let Hasbro here you or we will get a 5 pack full of TRU 3 pack Yellow Torpedo

@haha@

By GOLLY...that would work wouldn't it?

Liked them both a lot but the ending to the SE/SS fight was very predictable.

I think I'd enjoy this cartoon just as much if they'd left out the whole story of SE & SS! It's too complex a story to have tried to insert into this 60 minute cartoon, with a beginning AND conclusion to it all. While the action was outstanding, the fight was awesome, the story to it was rather rushed, silly, hard to swallow and (like you stated) PREDICTABLE! This characterization of SS was not as I would have preferred and my only thought was "geeesh..what a pathetic little cry baby loser, kill'em already!!"

Damn, they definatly are not afraid to kill any major characters. :o This show has come out with guns blazing and I love it!! :D

I don't get it

Do they no longer want Gi Joe to go on?

There are major deaths and the best confrontation in the Joe Universe will be no more

Really, think about it...Resolute's kind of a gift to the adult fans, for lack of a better term. But this kind of gritty, dark show wouldn't take off in a market largely designed to grab the attention of children. Unless it took off with the anime crowd which, to me, would be worse than having no show at all. The last thing I want to see is a Snake Eyes hat with cat ears on it at Hot Topic.

Damn, they definatly are not afraid to kill any major characters. :o This show has come out with guns blazing and I love it!! :D

I don't get it

There are major deaths and the best confrontation in the Joe Universe will be no more

I think this should be called G.I.Joe Reckoning instead. @lol@ It makes for a great end story.

I don't get it

I think this should be called G.I.Joe Reckoning instead. @lol@ It makes for a great end story.

I kinda thought that as well....it's more of an END STORY than a "pilot" for more to come?

:blink:

This series just keeps getting better and better. My jaw literally dropped when I saw Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow going at it. I think it had a tinge of "Kill Bill" influence, but I still loved it. Awesome.

I can't decide what I think about Stalker having dreadlocks though. Hmm...

I don't get it

Storm Shadow IS NOT DEAD. No way. He will survive.

I am sorry to say it but the writing is kinda letting me down...

for me, it has been on a steady decline since the first few episodes.

the storyline is still great, but the characterization, dialogue, and the entire SE/SS thing just doesn't sit right with me.

episode 7 and 8 both were mishandled to me.

SPOILERS

in episode 7, Tunnelrat (who, besides his voice, has been off to me the entire time) is the only Joe who could figure out how to stop the Cobra weapon... he is now the best techy on the Joe team? And he leads a mission with only 3 men? No other Joes go on the most important mission so far? Just Tunnelrat and 2 greenshirts? And then when they die, he makes a joke about it? "this wasn't part of my cunning plan." VERY poorly written IMO.

and then in episode 8, the SE/SS fight was pretty much just like any other fight I have seen. The action was enjoyable, the ending was not. lame.

I am kinda tired of SE (one of my all time favorite characters) be a superhero.

I've been loving Resolute up until now but episode 8 is kind of a rip-off. Anyone remember Pai Mei's 5 point palm exploding heart technique?

KILL BILL?

Most everything is these cartoons are "ripped" from some other Sci-Fi military story in some manner. I can think of examples for almost every scene and dialogue that could come straight from a James Bond movie or old ninja movie or some Clint Eastwood, John Wayne WAR movie. It's still cool to see a G.I.Joe cartoon encapsulate all of it. :)

Well, Stormshadow was originally a very complex character with motivations outside the realm of "good" and "evil" in his Comic incarnation which I thought made him one of the most original and intriguing characters in ANY universe, not just the Joe-verse. This was just a cackling 2D villain and he went out like a bee-yotch. Not impressed.

I am sorry to say it but the writing is kinda letting me down...

for me, it has been on a steady decline since the first few episodes.

the storyline is still great, but the characterization, dialogue, and the entire SE/SS thing just doesn't sit right with me.

episode 7 and 8 both were mishandled to me.

SPOILERS

in episode 7, Tunnelrat (who, besides his voice, has been off to me the entire time) is the only Joe who could figure out how to stop the Cobra weapon... he is now the best techy on the Joe team? And he leads a mission with only 3 men? No other Joes go on the most important mission so far? Just Tunnelrat and 2 greenshirts? And then when they die, he makes a joke about it? "this wasn't part of my cunning plan." VERY poorly written IMO.

and then in episode 8, the SE/SS fight was pretty much just like any other fight I have seen. The action was enjoyable, the ending was not. lame.

I am kinda tired of SE (one of my all time favorite characters) be a superhero.

Hey Clam, I thought the same thing about Tunnel-Rat's men, but then I thought maybe they might have parachutes on and be okay, to paraphrase "Groundhog Day" (lol). So I went back and watched again, and indeed they do have 'chutes on. But I will agree with you on how Tunnel-Rat is all of a sudden the resident tech expert. But maybe with his expertise in explosives, he was suited for the job. I don't know. His accent is kinda over-the-top like Roadblock and Gung-Ho though...

But I do have to disagree with you concerning Snake-Eyes; he's my favorite character too, and in Resolute he holds his own whereas in Sigma 6 Storm Shadow was constantly handing him his @$$, which irritated the heck out of me.

I've been loving Resolute up until now but episode 8 is kind of a rip-off. Anyone remember Pai Mei's 5 point palm exploding heart technique?

KILL BILL?

Most everything is these cartoons are "ripped" from some other Sci-Fi military story in some manner. I can think of examples for almost every scene and dialogue that could come straight from a James Bond movie or old ninja movie or some Clint Eastwood, John Wayne WAR movie. It's still cool to see a G.I.Joe cartoon encapsulate all of it. :)

Hey!! I said it first!! What am I, chopped liver?? (lol) @smilepunch@

I LIKE Stormy handing Snake Eyes his ass.

its common sense. Stormy is a ninja since day one... Snakes is a normal dude with a few years of training.. he is a commando who knows some ninja stuff.. not a ninja