SOTA Street Fighter?

Hi! I recently got back into collecting the SOTA Street Fighter line, and I love the Revolutions figures! I looked around the net but can't really find the answer I'm looking for. Are SOTA still gonna continue making these? I see NECA has made some Street Fighter 4 ones, but I'm not really a fan of those. And what ever happened to the Darkstalkers line? If anyone has any info that would be totally awesome! Thanks! =)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh really ? didn' t know about it, so the crappy figures I've seen are the only street fighter figures we are gonna get ?. What happened to SOTA? :(

SOTA lost the license to NECA and there just wasnt enough orders to produce the Dark Stalkers figures. It's sad I know. With the potential of getting Dee Jay, Alex, Elena and other awesome Street FIghter characters, we are now getting fugly Ken,Ryu,CViper,ChunLi, figures based on SFIV.

Mika suffered from a really pale flesh paint and Honda has a loose torso joint. But I like how Zangief and Dhalsim turned out.

SOTA lost the license to NECA and there just wasnt enough orders to produce the Dark Stalkers figures. It's sad I know. With the potential of getting Dee Jay, Alex, Elena and other awesome Street FIghter characters, we are now getting fugly Ken,Ryu,CViper,ChunLi, figures based on SFIV.

Those Deejay and Alex figures looked so awesome... :(

I heard that someone from SOTA might make SF stactions through his personal website or something. Anybody know anything about that?

Those Deejay and Alex figures looked so awesome... :(

I heard that someone from SOTA might make SF stactions through his personal website or something. Anybody know anything about that?

Not SOTA. It's actually SOTA's original owner Jerry.

He's planning to make some 6" statues which will have the same sculpt style as the pre-Previews/Revolutions figures.

He can also make Dark Stalkers but for $20 per statue I'm not sure how many people will actually be able to support the line.

I'm skeptical of the line bein able to become a huge hit especially how they will consist of obscure characters that nobody really cares for other than the sculptor and ppl at a-f.com

If the posters at a-f were able to have an obscure character like Mika to be made (and endin up not buyin her,) I am sure Oro would be the same.

I would think he would eventually be on clearance

Even though this would be a series that would continue the sota figs, it wouldn't be wised if they have characters like Effie and any other non heard of characters being the main focus of the line. Not sayin that it is the direction the new series is headin', but it seems like it might be fan driven, which is bad

I think some of the heavy hitters who were previously released should be made since one cannot try to market a license property without the most popular characters

Who's Effie?

This straction line isn't aimed to be commercially success. Jerry just wanted fans to be able to complete their collection in a way possible since the Street Fighter action figure license is now owned by NECA, the only way to continue the 6" SF line is done by statue form. I think this was done before for MOTU?

Anyway it's possible to do all the SF characters but Jerry's aiming to finish those that he haven't done(Anyone that's not in Roung1-4) so he's making Dee Jay, Guy, Cody, Dan as long as he can profit enough to continue the line.

He's going to make Oro. I think Oro's his favorite character so he's going to show up sooner or later.

The Street Fighter universe is pretty big and expands beyond SF2. It's a pity that there's not a lot of love for Street Fighter 3 which IMO a lot better than SFIV.

Who's Effie?

This straction line isn't aimed to be commercially success. Jerry just wanted fans to be able to complete their collection in a way possible since the Street Fighter action figure license is now owned by NECA, the only way to continue the 6" SF line is done by statue form. I think this was done before for MOTU?

Anyway it's possible to do all the SF characters but Jerry's aiming to finish those that he haven't done(Anyone that's not in Roung1-4) so he's making Dee Jay, Guy, Cody, Dan as long as he can profit enough to continue the line.

He's going to make Oro. I think Oro's his favorite character so he's going to show up sooner or later.

The Street Fighter universe is pretty big and expands beyond SF2. It's a pity that there's not a lot of love for Street Fighter 3 which IMO a lot better than SFIV.

I understand that the line is not tryin to be popular, but I would think that if the line doesn't sell well, it will be cancelled. The old sota owner has to make money as well. The he-man stacti0n figs ended because ppl stop buying them even though it was aimed 4 ppl to finish their collection;

l would imagine the stacti0n figs would be over 20 like 30-40 (he-man stacts were around 30-40 per figure despite that they started around 20-25) cause articulated vg toys that are massed produced are 15-17.

As for the rights being owned to NECA, Sota can still pick up the license, but they won't since they do not want the same thing happened with HD CVS2 and their SF line; Capcom seems to give their licenses to more than one company; sort of like how DC license the 12 inch figs to more than one company.. I heard this from both companies on a-f 2 years ago.

As for Effie, she is some obscure char whom a lot of ppl on af wanted for some silly reason. She is the girl who is with Necro

It got to the point where ppl voted for her....

I'm not sure how the SF license works but it is clear that SOTA lost the license to NECA because prototypes for more Figures were shown. There was even a leaked Urien figure prototype last year.

HD CVS2 was a different license than the Street Fighter Universe so I think there's why SOTA and HD was able to make Capcom figures. If you recall Jazware was also making figures when SOTA and HD started their SF and CVS2 series but Jazware had an agreement with Capcom and SOTA to make cheaper toys and SOTA making more collectors aimed figures so that's how two SF lines were able to exist.

I'm not sure how the SF license works but it is clear that SOTA lost the license to NECA because prototypes for more Figures were shown. There was even a leaked Urien figure prototype last year.

HD CVS2 was a different license than the Street Fighter Universe so I think there's why SOTA and HD was able to make Capcom figures. If you recall Jazware was also making figures when SOTA and HD started their SF and CVS2 series but Jazware had an agreement with Capcom and SOTA to make cheaper toys and SOTA making more collectors aimed figures so that's how two SF lines were able to exist.

The leaked Urien pic is actually a generic fig some of the SOTA employees made; he wasn't intended to be Urien but more like a naked generic figure thaey made in case they made more characters. He just happens to stick a urien head on it. You can read that at the a-f forums.

From Sota Scott at the af boards

"Urien" was sculpted by me and Alexi.

Rene did the armature. It wasn't really intended to be "Urien" as much as it was a male blank body, that I slapped a head on for proportions sake. We intended to use it for multiple characters. There were other hands, feet and heads done for it as well as a couple accessories.

http://www.banned/index.php?nam...en&start=25

True that CVS2 and Sota is a different line, but so is NECA's SF4 line and SOTA' SF line. I have read that HD was tryin to get the DMC license but decided not to get it once they heard that NECA picked up since they didn't want competition. HD also said that Capcom was giving out the license to more than one company which HD said that isn't how companies work.

A quote from Highdreams from af.com

nope the actual reason is not related to our CVS2 deal with Capcom or the bad distribution system we had for our figure overthere, also we never felt like competing with what Sota is doing, what they do is something that we will never do ...., different sens, different style and design, anyways I can't enter into too much details here but just know that we were about to sign with capcom for different properties when we soudainly find out on our own that other companies outhere were also dealing with capcom for the same properties and for the same sort of product, we felt at that time like it was better for our company and partners... 'as I somewhat protect my partners from moving toward futur disasters'...that we should stop everything related to futur deals with capcom, I 'd prefer if capcom came to me telling me that X company is doiung this and X company is doing that, to get a clear picture of what is preparing ahead. We had this situation once, we prefere not to repeat the same mistake... I can be stupid but not that stupid

Otherwise as explained in another post, we are very busy right now with the preparation of figures for the grendizer line, cpt harlock line, Saint seiya and just signed with FUNimation, the line of DragonballZ figures... : P

After a while I'll contact SNK playmore and propose a deal.. : )

http://www.banned/index.php?nam...c&start=900

We know that Sota was strugglin to get the last wave produce and after the rumor I have heard, Sota will again focusin' makin prototypes for companies again rather than releasing bringin' out action figures. It is obviously that once wave 4 came out, Sota was done for. It's possible that Capcom told Sota not to make more figures since because of they were heldin up the license. Somethin similar happened to HD which is the reason why a lot of their prototypes weren't made either

Man I hope something comes of HD contacting SNK, I would love some 6 inch KOF figures! Terry Bogard and Athena especially! ^-^

I dont think HD is makin snk figures since that quote I posted is from 2k5

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to continue the SOTA line even if it means I'd be buying stactions. SOTA sculptors did them justice, except for the last batch, only Zangief looked like it was from the same sculptors, as for NECA's figures, uggh...