would 0-rings have helped?

revsears

Hey guys loved the classic movies (hated the new one) and i only got one indy figure. I would have got more but much like star wars they have the stupid t-crotches. I just wandered if that stopped anyone else from buying? Some of the sculpts (like star wars sadly...) were indeed amazing.

I think this was a line that was less about poseability and more about looks. I didn't care so much about the crotches as I did about most of the horrible face-sculpts. I'm just glad they got Sean Connery right.

It was about looks. it was about sustainability. And it launched improperly thanks to strong-arm tactics by LucasLicensing over Hasbro. One, two, three strikes you're Out!

Plus, who walks into the toy aisle and says "O rings?! Hot damn! I have the sudden urge to be a completist! I'm compelled to buy these because of the inner plumbing of their crotch region!!"

It was about looks. it was about sustainability. And it launched improperly thanks to strong-arm tactics by LucasLicensing over Hasbro. One, two, three strikes you're Out!

Plus, who walks into the toy aisle and says "O rings?! Hot damn! I have the sudden urge to be a completist! I'm compelled to buy these because of the inner plumbing of their crotch region!!"

G.I.Joe fans, Marvel 3 3/4 fans, kids.

As a kid that was part of why i prefered Joe, the articulation. If they can't move you can't play! I would be more into the other lines if they had good articulation. It means better posing for pics, dios, or displays.

I do agree that some of the face sculpts where aweful, there have been several great harrison ford sculpts in star wars, but the one indy i got looked pretty bad.

I think the only o-ring action figures around today are the corps. Marvel Universe and the G.I. Joe 25th anniv figures don't use o-rings.

I think the only o-ring action figures around today are the corps. Marvel Universe and the G.I. Joe 25th anniv figures don't use o-rings.

true but they use joints that allow similar articulation, which is what i was really talking about.

Nah...for me I preferred that they had the same kinda sculpt, construction/articulation as current Star Wars figures, like how the original vintage Indy figures were cousins to the original Kenner Star Wars figures. But that's just me. It's a sentimental thing really. I don't play with mine. I just look at 'em. (lol)

But I will agree with some of the face sculpts; Belloque looks like Tim Allen, Raiders Indy that comes with the idol looks like Bill Pullman, and Vogel looks like Mike Myers making his "Lepperchaun" face. (lol)

O-rings might have helped it out alittle more but overall I agree that the sculpting wasn't so good with Cyrstal Skull line and that the mass production helped killed it. Hasbro messed up and the sad part is they could be making money still if only they put out the Temple of Doom line and the cancelled Raiders of the Lost Ark scuplts. I'm just surprised how easily they quit on those lines and didn't at least try to make a limited collectors edition for us.

No, after getting the Indy I learned that there just weren't a lot of characters I wanted. At least not at the stores. Most of the characters I wanted were from TOD and LC. Neither of which got decent release here. I think THAT is the reason it didn't sell. How many kids want to play with 1940s archeologists and german soldiers when they could be playing with giant robots, Star Wars, and modern soldiers? I think that's a major reason why the vintage ROTLA line didn't work either

No, after getting the Indy I learned that there just weren't a lot of characters I wanted. At least not at the stores. Most of the characters I wanted were from TOD and LC. Neither of which got decent release here. I think THAT is the reason it didn't sell. How many kids want to play with 1940s archeologists and german soldiers when they could be playing with giant robots, Star Wars, and modern soldiers? I think that's a major reason why the vintage ROTLA line didn't work either

I actually saw a kid talking to his dad about how he couldn't decide between, I forget which planes exactly (one was a Spitfire, I think), but which ever they were, they were both WWII era aircraft.

Given that Star Wars, with its' T-Crotches, probably sells better than G.I. Joe and Marvel 3 3/4" combined...no I don't think they'd have made any difference. Besides that, there's probably more "bleed over" between Star Wars fans and Indiana Jones fans than G.I. Joe and Indiana Jones (though I'm sure there are plenty (like myself) that like all of them).

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the sculpts could be better, but I really don't think that Indy would have been better with O-Ring construction like the original Joe figures. Perhaps it would have made customisation easier, but then again, in 20 years they'd be in pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

The Star Wars/Indiana Jones body construction was never the thing that bothered me. It was the terrible head sculpts. I didn't start liking them until the Last Crusade figures started coming out. Sadly the Temple of Doom and second Raiders of the Lost Ark figures looked FANTASTIC!!! Now I'm waiting for a good price on ebay for ToD and crossing my fingers that Raiders figures will be released.

The Star Wars/Indiana Jones body construction was never the thing that bothered me. It was the terrible head sculpts. I didn't start liking them until the Last Crusade figures started coming out. Sadly the Temple of Doom and second Raiders of the Lost Ark figures looked FANTASTIC!!! Now I'm waiting for a good price on ebay for ToD and crossing my fingers that Raiders figures will be released.

What's weird is that the Star Wars figures ACTUALLY look like Harrison Ford or Mark Hamill (or whomever else they are supposed to look like). Why the hell couldn't they do that with the Jones figures?